Skipverjar Arnarins

Users who are viewing this thread

Oh, yeah. That thing.
Well, we decided that having such a restricted recruitment is not really so good, and would be throwing a good way of advertising Rome at War aswell as recruiting to Athenai too, since most of the Vikingr community are mature and overall good players, but most importantly, quite friendly.

Yes yes, just get a period name and I can add you to the roster, and add one of us in Steam.
Also, there are less lazy people than me.  :lol:

jepekula said:
Hmh, indeed. But I want still to be special, so the ranks are a must...
I kind a like "Vaeringja". Would it work like the current one, aka "Vaeringja Rank Name"? And what would Inn Vaeringi mean? Of Varangians? In Varangians?
Væringja should mean "of the Varangians" (cf. Fyrninga and Erlinga), but I'm not completely sure I got the declension right. Inn Væringi would mean "the Varangian". As for the ranks... Well, no, I don't think these would work well with Greek ranks. Then again, if you keep the Greek ranks you wouldn't be "Varangians rather than *the* Varangian Guard", as I suggested. Personally I would just make you Halfdan Væringja jarl, with anyone else using just Væringja as a tag. If that's not special enough for you, I don't know what else to suggest.  :razz:

We are indeed still active if someone was wondering. I apologise for the lack of drunken rambling, but I haven't really felt like getting drunk just to play Vikingr :razz:

I've had had a great time fighting beside you Arnarins (Formerly Væringjar) But as of lately the crew has been very inactive and therefore I shall seek my luck elswhere.
I will still be on the server splitting skulls by the name Haraldr Haklangr.

folks have been commenting on my long cheek, hence the name

What brings on a two year necro? Something interesting with a highly speculative twist.
https://www.thevintagenews.com/2016/10/13/1000-year-old-viking-sword-found-just-lying-on-the-ground-in-iceland-2/

Back
Top Bottom