Colin McRae is dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Voutare

Master Knight
"Rally Champ Feared Dead in Crash
By Associated Press

Sat Sep 15, 8:15 PM

LONDON - A helicopter crashed in Scotland on Saturday and a former World Rally champion was believed to be among four people killed, police said.

Colin McRae, Britain's most well-known rally driver, was believed to be on board the helicopter, which was owned by him and crashed in a wooded area near his home in Lanark, police said.

Police said that four people were on board the helicopter, all of whom were feared dead. The aircraft was badly burned, making it impossible for police to immediately identify the occupants.

McRae, 39, is a licensed pilot who often flies in the area, police said. It wasn't immediately known from where the helicopter had taken off or where it was headed.

McRae was the World Rally champion in 1995 and runner-up in 1996, 1997 and 2001. He won 25 races in a World Rally Championship career that ran from 1987 to 2004.

He made intermittent appearances on the WRC circuit until 2006.

McRae, the son of five-time British rally champion Jimmy McRae, also competed in the Paris-to-Dakar rally race in 2004 and 2005 and in the Le Mans 24-hour race in 2005.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed."

Found this on Comcast news.

Oh dear, I fear he is.  :sad:

An AS350B2 Squirrel helicopter registered to McRae [1] crashed 1 mile north of Lanark, Scotland on 15 September 2007, which is close to the McRae family home. McRae is known to be a keen helicopter pilot, and his agent Jean-Eric Freudiger says he and his 5 year old son Johnny were killed in the crash,[1] in which Strathclyde police confirm there were no survivors.[7] Formal identification of the dead is not expected for some time.

So they can't identify it's him? It happened yesterday - surely they'd have rang his mobile by now.  :???:

EDIT:

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5jX67Z_3vY0dtg9avjdQrnoyXMCzg

Colin MacRae is dead.

:cry:

Sucks to be most people in a burning helicopter though really doesn't it.  :???:
Shame, although I only remember him because of playing his PSX games when I was a young lad.

http://www.colinmcrae.com/

His website is a little different now.

Vermont Sports Car lost their best drivers too. Now all we have is Travis Pastrana, who isn't even in the WRC.

sneakey pete said:
Lost-Lamb said:
Well woop-de-doo. Sucks to be him.

Yep. I don't see 100 articles when choppers without famous people in them crash. Or aren't they important enough to be missed?

Sure they are important, to a few people, hes important to a lot of people.

This lesson of "How your fellow humans care" is brought to you by Meow Mix.

200px-MeowMixlogo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom