Hinterland

Users who are viewing this thread

Development Version: 2 for PW 4.5
Open source, public domain, whatever you want.

Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ka9dp3zavnkfl7b/scn_scene_9.sco?dl=0
Scenes.txt:
Code:
scn_scene_9 scene_9 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0x0000000130000500000d2348000004bb0000306d00000d53
 outer_terrain_plain

Overhead Map (large image): https://tw.greywool.com/i/m15QO.jpg
m15QO.jpg
Advice from the Editor:
    - This is a competitive map. Make your players do their own dirty work.
    - This map uses a trader economy, move resources through caravans for profit and supplies.
    - You can also trade foreign culture weapons or horses at each castle for profit.
    - Castles act as a border defense, don't let your enemies get your resources!
    - There are a lot of chokepoints and bottlenecks that you can use to prevent your enemies from getting resources.

Update Archive:
2.3.13: Version 1.0

- File Size: 615KB
    - Initial release

2.3.13: Version 1.1

- File Size: 617KB
    - Fixed a number of evasive bugs
    - Increased trader profits
    - Didn't delete Town Watch
    - Added Town Watch spawns

2.6.13: Version 1.2

- File size: 621KB
    - 2 new constructable bridges
    - moved some castle spawns
    - Zavansk castle money chest properly linked
    - added a new route up to the large iron mine
    - small iron ore stockpiles at Zavansk and the central town
    - Added spinning machines to each stockpile site
    - added s tarting/target stock to all resources but iron and wood (more money for trade)
    - Another ladder at Zavansk
    - constructable palisade barrier at Zavansk (improved bottleneck capabilities)
    - Attempted minor FPS optimization
    - fixed a pile of transparent texture spots
    - unlocked donator room's inner teleport door
    - improved Town Watch armoury
    - minor bugfixes
    - some stuff
    - outlaw classes at the corner of the map (across the huge stone bridge)

2.8.13: Version 1.3

- Filesize: 622KB
    - Defensive enhancements at Valdemel.
    - Moved Mount Hellstone's spawns

2.16.13: Version 1.4

- Filesize: 620KB
    - Removed 'donator' room (was requested by Trojan)
    - Removed weapons in the corner of the map (they never get crafted anyways)
    - Fixed a few more mirrored texture problems
    - Added huntsman class
    - More attempted FPS optimization

4.12.13: Version 1.5

- File Size: 645KB
    - Completely redesigned Sarranid castle
    - More interiors
    - Less prop wasting (this means I absolutely must remove some visual enhancements)
    - Secondary capture points
    - Slightly modified profits to, once again, increase trader profits
    - More varied castle attack points
    - An actual proper spawning system
    - Cow pens
    - Some psuedo-lore. Don't ask me for the story, figure it out you lazy bums
    - Another tavern
    - Added wine to the economy, sorta
    - Gold and Silver
    - Probably some more stuff

2.14.16: Version 2 - The final version
    - There's a lot of changes
    - Map is now public domain
    - Have fun

I have many things to point out that are pretty amazing areas, well if i had to list them all id be here all day xD, so here are just a few:

The mines at the far right of the map closer to the top, you can go on top of that arched hill only from the top and overwatch the mining operations carried out/that there is only one way you can exit has many awesome images in my mind such as bandits waiting and knowing your fate is sealed when armed men enter the area and the arch :grin:

The tropical feel of the far bottom south area mixed with arid reservoirs :grin: Makes for a really cool enviroment to ambush and the feel of the bridges :grin: perfect taxing area 

The smack dead middle circular city :grin:DD the bottom entrance is only accessible from a bridge that can be taxed/blocked and a longggg circular hilled entrance that encircles the city <3 damn gorgeous haha, then you make a city encircling the keep (keeping historical facts) which makes it pretty neat.

Bottom right castle has a rather large wall stretching across the plains with a toll gate :grin:D You can tax there!!! then towards the center of the castle you have death row as walking up to gate 1 through the citadel

I give this map a rating of 10/10 :smile: and just a warning to the trolls that will say "why not 11/10? herp derp"-you will not be answered :smile:

Unfortunately a certain minority of the playerbase didn't like the concept of the map. I'm currently in the process of fixing a few bugs, as well as increasing trade profits.

Note: The Town Watch is being removed due to not fitting the scene design and
whiny *****es being whiny.

If you have any further suggestions, please feel free to speak your mind. Also, feel free to violently attack me for various reasons.

Too bad people don't know when to capitalize.

People don't play this because they want native, your brain must be broken if you believe so.

Anyways, looks good Splintert :smile: Is any server running this?

Armie_knock said:
Anyways, looks good Splintert :smile: Is any server running this?

Trojan had it up for a short period of time. A bit of lobbying caused it to be taken down, so I took advantage and am about to release an update that fixes all of the things that were broken that I know of. And some economic rebalancing for traders.

Pros: Very good FPS, probably best I have seen, and a lot of players were on without any sort of lag at all.  I think the ideas are good going into it, but it needs tweaking.

Cons: No commoner town or central point for players to mingle.  The economy is very hard right now, there are no stocks and half or more of the items starting off, which means no crafting rewards for players restocking.  In my experience with PW, no one will stock and they will just complain about zero stocks everywhere until map resets or changes. 

More:  It would be cool to host it again because the FPS was so good, but the economy is really strange and should at least start with 3, so someone can craft and not be angry.  I know you want people to transport goods from one castle to another for money, but most players won't do that.  I know what you are thinking.  "Well they don't deserve items if they are going too be too lazy to spend their whole day crafting with zero rewards".

Not to mention the other owner of the server got pissed and quit because of drama regarding the hosting of this map.  Bad day.

Nimueh said:
The economy is very hard right now, there are no stocks and half or more of the items starting off, which means no crafting rewards for players restocking.

In my defense, there's a bit of a misunderstanding of how this part works. The stockless weapons are from other cultures. For example, in the Swadian castle they have Khergit, Rhodok, Nord, etc, but the Swadian weapons are downstairs. The goal of this was to make it so a smart trader could have a bunch of greatswords created at the Swadian castle and then he moves them to another castle to sell. Since the 0 stocked items are at a higher price, he makes a profit and the castle gets access to weapons they would not usually have.

Each castle has a theme (Sarranid, Vaegir, and Swadian), and those are the weapons that are supposed to be crafted and commonly used at each castle.

I know about the proposed trading system, I kind of wish I just left the whole thing alone so everything would take it's course without so many people raging, but whats done is done.  I like the FPS, that alone is worth trying it again once I'm sure players will actually trade instead of ***** and whine. 

It is a very huge change for players, and everyone was left with a huge feeling of confusion.

Back
Top Bottom