Game recommendation: Stranded 2

Users who are viewing this thread

How do I capture the parrot?

I made a net, but can't get close enough before they fly away.  And I can't seem to figure out how to bait them with anything to keep them in one spot...

You just have to wait for one to get stuck in some rocks... go to one of the outcrops and wait until a parrot comes... it's a pain, but you have to do it!

Oh, and by the way! I now have every building (non-skill based) and have made myself a tidy little ranch with a sheep!

I got a little problem with textures (yes, my computer sucks that much) so the ground is an odd colour.

you can see my berry patch on the right, and further to the right, the very edge of my corn field! You can't see my sail boat (which Rocks by the way. Use as storage and high speed vehicle. Excellent for foraging large amoutns of sticks/rocks and the like.) which is moored far to the right. But tommorow I'll get a couple more images if those pesky locusts haven't eaten me out of hut and home!

Took me the best part of two hours to fence the whole place in, and then there was that hunter's stand I built (looks like a guard tower :razz: awesome!) Oh, and I also had a treehouse, which I wanted to take my pics from, but it didn't work out too well (I'll turn view distance up for the next lot.) Lastly, you can see ol' farmer me has "carelessly" scattered some tools and rocks aorund to add to the ambiance, plus a little log seat by the fire ^^.

Ok, it's late now... off to bed, no homework done and little sleep to be had!

Thank you so much for showing me this game. It has everything I love about 'Wurm Online' and none of the things that I do not like. I guess this could be called 'wurm lite'.

I jumped right in and started a game on the HARD setting, with a large normal island. I had to restart many times as I first spawned in the water and was devoured by small fish and large sharks. Once I spawned on the island I was running like mad hitting trees and rocks for basic things to make a weapon while several lions were chasing me, luckily no raptors as they will outrun you. I managed to climb up onto a rock formation and the beasts couldn't climb after me. They waddled at the bottom while I chipped away at the rock for pebbles to use in my new slingshot. I was able to kill them using this tactic and decided to build a camp there.

I did notice some problems with fencing. If you are planning on securing your place with fences, be advised that even double layering them does not work. Animals pass right through them. It seems to only keep out passive creatures, the lions and raptors go right through them for some strange reason. Maybe they are 'jumping' them and there is just no animation for that. I must add that fences have difficulty being constructed near rock formations. Fencing isn't completely useless, sometimes a beast will get stuck in it, but only on the edges. A flat facing fence like we are all used to has no hope of stopping them.

If you play on HARD setting (or even medium) and want to secure some land, try building your fence like this \/\/\/\/\/\/\/ instead of ___________ or even ========== . Fences work for pinning not stopping so it seems.

Goodknight said:
I did notice some problems with fencing. If you are planning on securing your place with fences, be advised that even double layering them does not work. Animals pass right through them. It seems to only keep out passive creatures, the lions and raptors go right through them for some strange reason. Maybe they are 'jumping' them and there is just no animation for that. I must add that fences have difficulty being constructed near rock formations. Fencing isn't completely useless, sometimes a beast will get stuck in it, but only on the edges. A flat facing fence like we are all used to has no hope of stopping them.

If you play on HARD setting (or even medium) and want to secure some land, try building your fence like this \/\/\/\/\/\/\/ instead of ___________ or even ========== . Fences work for pinning not stopping so it seems.

I think fences do work... no lion has ever got through mine, and my sheep stays put in his pen.

Anyway, they aren't essential, all you need to do is make sure you build far away from dangerous animal spawn points.

On the first adventure island, I built my mini-realm right next to the lion spawn and fenced it off (______ wise). The lions were kept out mostly, but sometimes they could bug through and bite me. :sad:

Are there any cheats or anything?

I can't catch a goddamn parrot.  I've kinda clearcut the area they're in, so they're rarely getting caught up in trees, and if they do, they're too high up and get away before I can get to them.  They're also not getting caught in any rocks or anything.

I can't ****ing do it and it's pissing me off.

EDIT: HAHAHA, I GOT ONE!  SUCK IT PARROTS!  SCREW YOU!

Goodknight said:
Thank you so much for showing me this game. It has everything I love about 'Wurm Online' and none of the things that I do not like. I guess this could be called 'wurm lite'.

Now that if i told you there's a digging mod for stranded 2 :wink:

Skyrage said:
Can always just destroy the spawn points otherwise...

Ah yes! I didn't think of that!

I always kick myself when I accidentaly destroy a kiwi nest. But now I have one in my own home, I'm flooded with the bastards, so I just slash and hack their homes to splinters.

I finally got a sailraft completed! It takes a long time on Hard.

I had to go into the windowed debug mode to build the thing because it kept crashing on me with some memory error on the other two type of runs, even on the lowest setting. Once I had it built there was no problem though.

I completed my first trip around the large lion/raptor packed island. I brought plenty of berries with me, didn't want to get scurvy. Anyway, make a raft it is worth it.

A sailraft is like... 20 logs, 20 sticks, 25 thread and 30 vines (the vines are annoying to get unless there's a vine only tree near your house. I had to hunt for aages to find them all.)

Sialboats rock awesomely, since you can stay on them and not lose hunger or thirst or tiredness. You can travel really fast, you can escape from raptors and the like and even store stuff on them! (30,000) although slightly less than normal storage crates (50000)

What's the difference between a Treehouse and a hut other than the fact that a treehouse costs half as much and is simply way cooler?

Of course not! It's actually the most useful habitation (strategically. the tent is also very useful, since you can transport it) sine you can use it as a base of operations for hunting. Much like the hunter's post (the name eludes me atm) only you can sleep in it and climb it instantly. It's very effective if you can manage to build a small line of fences around the base of a tree near lots of lion/raptor spawn points, then the treehouse in the middle. This way, you can trap the eager predators in your line of fire and kill at your leisure, and being trapped won't be a problem, sine you can keep the necessary survival kit in your little compound!

So strategically it's the best home, yes, although the situation I described is probably somewhat rare.

Cleaning Agent said:
I think you might need a hut before you can create a treehouse.

If not, hut allows you access to more buildings, which treehouse does not.

No you can build a tree house right after a storage box.

Anyone know were to find the stuff for a slingshot?

I had played this thing for a while (also the old stranded 1 and Schiffbruch which is kinda related) it is a lot of fun and quite addicting for like 3 or 4 days after that, you have seen it all :razz: still it is fun to survive and all those on-purpose-dorky-graphics are hilarious to behold.
The main campaign is a little bit tedious though.. getting 300 or something marijuana joints was much too time consuming :grin:

Back
Top Bottom