Game recommendation: Stranded 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Spoilers ahead - copy and paste somewhere else to read (how to make an axe, scythe and tipped arrows)

Axe: iron (the regular, untouched rock iron)+branch+hammer

Scythe: iron rod + branch + hammer

tipped arrows: branch + feather + pebbles (this is one I couldn't find - I kept trying to attach the bolts. The fact that they used pebbles instead of those iron sharp bolts is pretty stupid IMO)

Ok thanks a lot mate! I wasn't using the hammer alongside them  :roll:

Another thing, which has been ruining a couple of my games so far, is how you stop bleeding, poison and fractures. I have no idea how to stop them without medicine, and as soon as it autosaves I can't carry on playing!

Anyone who can tell me how to resolve this problem, or how to make the items to heal them, would be very welcome!

EDIT: Never mind. I found it. It's a plant called blueleaf (one of those three leaf plants with a blue flower in the middl, you hit it and get an instant use anti bleeding thing. As for fractures, I think you can use a stick and thread.)

What exactly is the point?

I'm on the first island of the adventure, but it's not really giving me any guidance of what I have to do to beat the level.

I have a little camp site set up, and I can feed myself, water isn't a problem.  I'm just running around randomly doing/making anything I haven't done/made before.

Once you get a hut things will start advancing.

Otherwise it's like the sims, there's noa ctual point other than the continual making of money (or in this case, resources)

Taking care of bleeding and fractures without wasting healing potions:

You can use a bamboo stick and a vine to heal a fracture, or a leaf and a vine to stop bleeding.

I'm on the raptor island too now, with an arbalest and a machete. I got killed right away, so I guess I'll try to slay 'em tomorrow. <_<

Lhorkan said:
Taking care of bleeding and fractures without wasting healing potions:

You can use a bamboo stick and a vine to heal a fracture, or a leaf and a vine to stop bleeding.

I'm on the raptor island too now, with an arbalest and a machete. I got killed right away, so I guess I'll try to slay 'em tomorrow. <_<

I'd reccomend using spears. They're the only weapons that you get an infinite supply of on that island. Although that doesn't exclude taking a bunch of arrows and a longbow with you.

I myself started on medium difficulty on a huge island. It's not as good as it sounds to have an island that big. I basically get lost if I go further than about half a minute's walk away from my little farm.

There are also lions absolutely everywhere, so I'm killing off crabs, monkeys and birds to be able to build a hunter's post right in their territory!

A really good way of getting yourself string for traps and sails is to find a sheep and wall it in with fences. It's good company too, for a man all alone on a desert island  :wink:

The only problem I'm having is that I keep tearing down those massive trees with my bare hands by accident. Does anyone know a way of getting large amouns of branches other than those big trees?

You can chop up the logs of those massive trees with an axe to get branches.

Speaking of traps, I built one on the first adventure island, but I never caught anything in them. How do you use them properly? :eek:

I was going to ask the same thing :razz: I think you're supposed to build them near Kiwi or Monkey spawn points. But as for where those are...

Oh, and thanks for the tip about splitting logs, I remember reading that in the skill description now. The only problem is that you need 25 lumberjacking, and I hate going around cutting all the trees down because it looks crap, and you have to lug the logs back home every time, which takes ages.

Despite the cartoony graphics and the nagging question 'why am I doing this?', I quite like this game. I've been wanting to see something like this for a while. Ideally, I'd want it to let the player experiment more with the items and how they interact with each other so that the player could logically invent things the devs never anticipated, but for a project of this size I'm not complaining. My ideal game has always been something along the lines of this game (building settlements and equipment, shaping the landscape, etc.) in a medieval setting, with M&B combat, online of course, so it's satisfying to play this and think of how it could be improved and taken further. Mind you, while in theory my ideal game sounds good to me, practically it would probably be a nightmare.

I think (in regards to making things) the game isn't as intuitive as it could or should be though, and you should only know that poisonous mushroom is poisonous after you have a) eaten it, or b) watched an animal eat it after you threw it to them.

Other than that, it kept me occupied for a good while without me even realising it, busily making my hut, admiring the view (mainly of my camp) from my nifty treehouse, making everything look pretty with logs around the campfire and such. Also, it might just be me, but the game reminds me of home decorating for some reason, in particular when people don't need to redecorate but do it because they have nothing better to do.

OK, seriously dumb question here: how the hell do you sleep? In the options screen it indicates the "Z" key should allow me to sleep, but it does nothing. I tried uppercase and lowercase. I even built a shelter and got under it and it still won't let me sleep.
Also, seems pretty crazy that you become injured and eventually die from not going to sleep; you'd think it would just have you fall unconscious or something.

I'm a few days ahead of you guys, and finished adventure mode during weekend :grin:
Traps: I also never caught anything significant. I used traps mostly to catch scorpions ^_^. Poison is useful! Actually poison is my favorite item. (Can M&B have poison arrows and weapons? Pretty please?)
What to do after you finish adventure: Go to http://stranded.unrealsoftware.de/s2_maps.php and download new maps. There are much better than randomly generated stuff. Bonus if you understand German, but I don't think it's necessary to play. They also introduce new items and new challenges, which is nice.
If you are finally bored: Why don't you contribute and make new maps? Or even mod  :shock: The game is fairly new - it was released 06.24.2007, but I think it has potential and with time new mods and maps will appear.

I made myself a volcano and desert map.

Volcano one is based upon the 'real' topology of an island. Lots of birds and small insects and critters, but no monkeys or lions because they simply suck.

Getting your food is alot harder, as there is nearly no starting equipement either.

Then I have the desert map, solely for the fun of having it really hard. You're in an absolutely huge desert, and there is one oasis with the neccesary stuff. You have to mostly live off of grains since the birds and fish are few, and the scorpions even more so. :razz:

You grow grain in the desert, HEW?  :eek:

BTW Janus, that's because you don't have a German keyboard. Z on the German keyboard is at the Y on yours.

Water (press 30 leaves with a stone) plus branch to get bendy stick.

Combine bendy stick with cord (from cotton plant or wool from sheep, processed) and you get the choice to make bow or fishing rod!

Fishing is perhaps the easiest way to make food. Especially if your house is near a set of bubbles. AFAIK they never run out!.

You don't have to press 30 leaves for the water. Just stand near a hollow stone filled with water/a babble-babbly thing or a well, and use a branch.

Back
Top Bottom