SP MP t

Users who are viewing this thread

I heard there is some bug prevents the mod from being playable. Anyone can report and confirm?

I tried this last night, there's a bug at the start of the game when you meet the monk in the tavern who gives you the obligatory collect 5 men quest. The panel at the bottom of the screen is completely blanked out so you cant reply to him and you cant tab out, I just clicked randomly in a few places and eventually got the quest and on to the map. Played for about an hour got to level 4, no crashes, a few script errors but nothing major, didn't really play enough to check a lot of the features.

edit: forget the first bit, I stated a couple more new games and the tavern scene worked OK, must have been a glitch.

few script errors and still(!), all merchants mysteriously run out of all kinds of leg & hand protection, but: can't wait for the alpha being released, as all hyws have been great mods. keep it up

onorata said:
yeah, when you select continue it sends you back to the first character creation page

buggy ****

Good thing you got banned. ****ty user.

@Topic
I always enjoyed the HYW mod and it got me hooked up to the original M&B, will try this out sometime and thanks for the work  :smile:

Hi,

1. I want to ask about Mercenary Outlaw parties, when massage told them show up I go to talk with English King, he told me to get rid of them and bring them captain alive to him.

I go to fight them and had to captured their captain and go back to talk to king but king still told me to go to get rid of them and bring their captain. :shock:

I had Mercenary Outlaw Captain as prisoner with me but can't do anything.

How to give Mercenary Outlaw Captain to King to receive reward?

2.Which quest give Word when finished quest to obtain knight in camp menu?

Help me please.

Thank you. :smile:

Arbarad said:
It would be amazing if routiers could be worked into the game at some later date.

Basically, routiers were soldiers, usually in English service (though they were of varied nationality: Gascon, Breton, Brabantine, German) who had turned brigand when peace broke out. But they weren't roaming bands of wild men: they were highly organized military companies, usually consisting of about 4:1 mounted infantry to men-at-arms. In many cases, they were garrison troops in captured castles who refused to relinquish them to the French authorities. They formed themselves into companies, ravaged the countryside, extorted money from and/or captured towns, took weakly defended castles, and basically destroyed huge swathes of France, especially in Burgundy, the Limousin, and the Mediterranean coast. The royal government viewed them as a local problem, to be dealt with by those most effected. Bribery seems to have been the most common method of getting them to relinquish their strongholds. Fighting was chancier, as the largest band, a conglomerate called the Great Company, mustered as many as 4,000 trained soldiers.

There are free companies which are similar.

Downloading the mod now.

Edit:  Ok I've played the game for a little while without issue, but I'd like to ask why isn't there any longbows? There is only 'warbows' from native, which do not resemble medieval longbows/warbows at all. What is up with this? I would think in a Hundred Years War mod there would be longbows.

Henry of Grosmont said:
Belendor said:
Don't choose that way for now, then. You can just go on without a 100 renown at hand.
I don't understand. Could you elaborate?

Do you mean that I have to choose anything but nobleman?

Well yeah if you don't want to crash...xD
But really Belendor, any patches/fixes? The mod is great in it's looks, but it's unplayable :/

Unfortunately, I am busy with some other secret project and HYW no longer interests me. Perhaps, I can release a quick-fix for known issues but that needs to wait for now.

Just checked the link and it is still working. What problem it is causing to you?

Back
Top Bottom