Native Completed Battle of the Bastards (BoB) Duel Tourney

Users who are viewing this thread

Single, without a doubt.  double elimination tournaments are always nightmares, for real. All the single elimination tournaments have run cleanly and quickly.

In-Game Name: Varius
Forums Profile Link: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?action=profile;u=242831
Steam Name/ or Link:
NA or EU: NA

I missed the bamboo spear tournament somehow, too bad. Swords are no fun. I'll try this anyway.

I have decided to cap off the population at 32 to get the brackets started. Should players fail to miss their first match, alternates will be used.

I have decided to go with the double elimination rule set. That said, deadlines will be firmly enforced, and outside extremely extenuating circumstances, the inability to make a match will result in a forfeit. Any discrepancies between parties of who was at fault for failure to meet up shall be determined by my subjective opinion. Though people are HIGHLY advised to message me with any future absences or reason for said absences, a primary objective of the tournament is to continue without delay.

Though accommodation will be made, the tournament will not be put on hiatus because 1 person couldn't make their match (no exceptions).

This being said, the brackets have been posted. Players will have 1 week from tomorrow on Wed Feb 6 to finish their first match.

Juvenile said:
Hasn't been a double elimination tournament in awhile.

Could be because in the last few double elimination tournaments everything just dragged on and on, mainly because the people that wound up in the bottom brackets became apathetic and lost interest after their initial defeat (even when there was cash at stake). :neutral:

Zaffa said:
That said, deadlines will be firmly enforced, and outside extremely extenuating circumstances, the inability to make a match will result in a forfeit.
If you can hold to that, you can pull of a double elimination tournament successfully. Best of luck (seriously).

That's never made sense to me. If anything, double elimination gives more incentive to play, since you get a second chance if you end up against some titan in the first round.

Juvenile said:
That's never made sense to me. If anything, double elimination gives more incentive to play, since you get a second chance if you end up against some titan in the first round.

In theory, I guess. But double elims have resulted in stagnant bottom brackets time after time. Hopefully this one will be smoother.

Back
Top Bottom