I can not download on Gamefront.(Taiwan and China IP )

Users who are viewing this thread

Mtwh

Recruit
GameFront blocked all range IPs of Taiwan/China, so I cannot download anything from them, it just give me 404.
Does anyone have any suggestion ? or can we have one more other download link?
I can download this mod from  "mountandblade.nexusmods.com",but its version is older than that is
on Gamefront.
so I need help and thanks for making this great mod.

Glycerius said:
You can try a proxy, free or paid or, depending on how quickly you want the file.

A proxy? I don't know what a proxy is , i am not good in network. But thanks for your suggestion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_server

Bypassing filters and censorship
If the destination server filters content based on the origin of the request, the use of a proxy can circumvent this filter. For example, a server using IP-based geolocation to restrict its service to a certain country can be accessed using a proxy located in that country to access the service.
Likewise, an incorrectly configured proxy can provide access to a network otherwise isolated from the Internet.

Basically, for you, it gives your machine a new IP address, say a Canadian or US address. This probably would be sufficient to download. A paid for proxy server is probably best. Free ones can be really slow or ad infested.

Sayd, you should upload it to MBRepository...

You could do something while you are able to be on the forums...

Here is a fix that worked for me, i think its  the IP, im brazilian.Well here is what i did:
*Download and install Hotspot Shield(google it), this program will change your ip to a U.S.A. IP (you will need to select the location of your new ip,i think when you first connect it will ask you about that, so just select USA IP, the program will be located at the system tray .Well,then right click the red shield icon and select "Connect/on",reload the gamefront page and try to download, sorry if this not work, any question? feel free to ask.

(OBs:you need to let the program connected until the download is complete)

Regards, SkirmisherBR

I could download the mod via proxy but the download rate is too slow. It will take me 4 hours to download,
Could anyone please upload the mod to another mirror ? It would be great help

Thank you in advance

Back
Top Bottom