The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Can The Witcher 3 beat skyrim?

• Yes Indeed

Votes: 186 86.5%
  • No Of course

Votes: 51 23.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Yup, quicksave is your friend. Though if I recall right Witcher has kind of a ****ty quicksave system that just makes a new one every time.

Edit: Huh, they got Charles Dance(Tywin Lannister) as the Emperor of Nilfgaard.

Yeah, the loading of a quicksave takes ages as well. The death screens are innately frustrating.

I enjoyed the story and the pace, but these little things kept making it a bore in some parts. Thankfully you could change the difficulty from the Esc menu. Except if you're playing Dark Mode, then you can't revert back to it anymore.

Eh, I actually like the fact that quicksaves don't overwrite each other.
Also, I got to Flotsam and restarted on Normal difficulty. This combat system just isn't good enough to support the Dark Mode difficulty.

I think the combat is fine, though I start lagging in certain areas due to the massive specs of the game. What they can do about it is smoothen these rough spots that have been noticed in the game.

Ringwraith #5 said:
Eh, I actually like the fact that quicksaves don't overwrite each other.
Also, I got to Flotsam and restarted on Normal difficulty. This combat system just isn't good enough to support the Dark Mode difficulty.

As others have said, it's only around Flotsam that the combat is actually anywhere near challenging. After that it's a cakewalk.

Yeah. My first playthrough was on Normal. I spent the first half of Flotsam pretty much just ****ting myself and running away from everything. During the latter half of chapter 2 I was just casually swatting hordes of enemies like I was attacked by a horde of angry wereballoons.

The fact that it's challenging isn't the problem, it's that it's clunky. I already talked about being unable to hit anything if a target indicator isn't present on the screen. Another problem I discovered since then is that Geralt has different moves that he does apparently at random. Sometimes the weak attack button makes him do a nice quick lunge that's perfect for striking from a distance before rolling away to safety again. Other times it makes him do a ****ing pirouette that takes forever and during which he's very easy to hit. And it's apparently random which one he does. I absolutely detest that. If being hit once takes me down to 5% HP, I need to be sure what my character's going to do when I press a particular button.

Nahkuri said:
Hmm yeah, Geralt's dance moves sometimes do get rather annoying.

True. At least you could perfectly predict what you were going to do in the first Witcher. Before you unlocked new parts of the attack chains it could look a little weird, though. :lol: Repeating the same move but faster is kind of comical.

Since I started reading the books I feel that I definitely saw a few inspirations for things featured in the two games. But oh boy do I wish for them to include this lovely bit in some form:
So Dandelion frees a djinn, Geralt gets the to have the wishes, unbeknownst to them. And thus he unwittingly wishes for the Djinn to "piss off and **** yourself", which leaves the poor thing with no choice but to obey :lol:
Was laughing way too hard about that when it became clear in the story, heh.

Oh, the second wish, unwittingly still, is "I hope you explode/burst you son of a *****" said to a guard.
Did I mention that technically it's a love story? :lol:

Kamos32 said:
Yup, quicksave is your friend. Though if I recall right Witcher has kind of a ****ty quicksave system that just makes a new one every time.

Edit: Huh, they got Charles Dance(Tywin Lannister) as the Emperor of Nilfgaard.

Emperor of Nilfgaard is an intriguing fellow as a character, Charles Dance might give him the nobility, albeit I don't know if he'd be that old as Geralt.

The emperor is a youngish man when he first meets Geralt, so Dance doesn't really fit the character age-wise. (considering how little Dandelion aged, it probably wasn't that long for Geralt in his amnesia) Dance does have a great voice though, so it doesn't matter.

Ok.
Now that I've "seen" the Scoia'tael in action in the books for the first time, in the actual context of the war with Nilfgaard and all, **** that scum! I definitely made the right decisions by not helping them in the first game and going with Roche in the second. Geralt has zero reason to like, help or support their cause.

For some reason going with the Scoia'tael has better scenes and story.

Saving the dragon's daughter you meet in the books for instance

There's also you seeing Roche cutting the balls of that wizard if you go with him. That I can't argue. :razz:

Back
Top Bottom