[NC2013] Rules and Regulations

Users who are viewing this thread

I did some ping checking n ****, and seems like Jestservers_San_Jose was a server that was located in a place that BRA vs EU matches will have pretty much equal and playable pings.

FIN 205 (SotaMursu)
BRA 205 (Ikaguia)
GER 170 (Vivar)
UK 170 (Crazyboy)
BeNe 160 (Leroux and Goldraider6969)

I would suggest a rule that BRA vs EU will be played completely on west coast servers (San Jose etc.)
Russia and Turkey should probably not be included in this, though. Or maybe yes i dunno lel.
And ofc only if there's a server for the tournament's use.  :lol:

EDIT:

another suggestion:
if both teams all have 100+ pings, possibility to change combat speed to slower
if both have 200+, possibility to change to slowest

this would help make the fighting more normal and less luck based.

The following existing rules regarding team selection will be clarified:

Teams must be made up of players from one nation, where possible. In extenuating circumstances, where a nation is having trouble finding enough players, on it's own, the captain should approach an event admin about merging with another nation.
Teams must be made up of players from one nation, where possible.
This rule will remain as the precedent for any rules regarding player selection for NC 2013.

In extenuating circumstances, where a nation is having trouble finding enough players, on it's own, the captain should approach an event admin about merging with another nation.
This rule has been referenced twice so far this tournament, and I expect it will be referenced once more before teams are submitted. It will remain as one of the few ways players from different countries will play together during NC 2013.

The judgement regarding Belgium players who do not speak Dutch used a secondary measurement of a language barrier (I still hold a contrary opinion on this, but for the sake of communication, and the sake of encouraging players to compete, this was acceded).

Shemaforash requested a special case for his elegibility to join Team Germany, and as of this statement, he is ineligible.

Accusations were brought against Goliath regarding his eligibility to compete for Team Germany, and as of this statement, he is ineligible.

There are accusations against Team Hellas (Greece) for fielding players from countries who already have representation in NC 2013. If a team roster is submitted and these accusations prove correct, Team hellas will be rejected with recommendations.

There are accusations against Team Russia that one member is from Ukraine, which already has representation in NC 2013. If a roster is submitted, and this accusation is proven correct, Team Russia will be rejected with recommendations.

It is the responsibility of the Team Captain to ensure that the team is eligible for NC 2013.

These decisions were not made lightly. The admin team has been under harsh criticism on many of these issues, and making these decisions was not pleasurable or beneficial to us. Detailed reasons for these decisions are in the spoiler below.

In regards to Shemaforash and Goliath playing for Team Germany:
This is an issue that was brought up in NC 2012 (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,213458.msg5223901.html#msg5223901) but never addressed. This is a new issue that hasn't been considered in any previous NCs (at least outside of PMs). I reviewed IOC and FIFA rules, and IOC is much more lenient, basically giving the country with the biggest Olympic budget the best players. FIFA changed their rules recently, and have a very restrictive eleigibility requirement in order to keep a competitive environment, and uses the unfortunate argument of trying to prevent every European team from fielding 18 Brazilians in twenty years. While reviewing these rules is important in understanding what decisions have been made for international leagues in the past, Warband Nations Cup is it's own tournament with it's own quirks and politics.
So the dilemma was whether or not to allow Germany (or any country) to recruit from outside its borders. The rules already determined that a team must be comprised of one nationality where possible. Germany quite obviously could field a team with all German members; in fact, there is a statement in the NC 2013 threads that Germany could field 12 teams with their active players. It is quite possible that Germany currently has the largest selection of active players in Warband. Why is the country with the largest representation fielding players outside of it's country?
It is apparent that Germany wants a winning team. Shemaforash and Goliath are known to be some of the best cavalry in the world. Allowing Germany to create a team with the best players will set a precedent for every other team to do the same. It is not a stretch of the imagination to see NC turn into three competitive teams with players from all over the world, and 15 teams that may or may not join the tournament just to lose. In order to prevent this scenario, the tournament admins decided to deny Shemaforash and Goliath eligibility to compete with the German team. It is impossible, and undesirable, to try to make NC a fair tournament. I think it is in the interest of the tournament and the community to not allow teams to form for NC that contain players from all over the world and have the capability to sweep the tournament.

In regards to Team BeNe and Belgium teams:
I still don't really understand the internal segregation of Belgium, but this issue has been addressed in the past (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,157792.msg3796365.html#msg3796365), and the decision was made to allow Belgium players that do not speak Dutch (read: choose not to speak Dutch) to play with teams that speak their chosen language. This decision was made for this year only with the understanding that it would not negatively affect teams, but would allow players to participate who would otherwise be unwilling or unable to participate.

In regards to Ukraine players on the Russian team:
See the first rule quoted and the decision regarding Shemaforash and Goliath.

In regards to Team Hellas:
Since there was an accusation, we will review this and take your roster into consideration when your team is submitted. Please see the second rule mentioned, I will quote it again here:
In extenuating circumstances, where a nation is having trouble finding enough players, on it's own, the captain should approach an event admin about merging with another nation.

Once again, captains, please police your own teams so the tournament admins don't have to do this **** again.

It's funny how much someone can ruin a tournament, it's actually worse than MMNFC. Say whatever you want, representing my nation (whether it is Sweden or Germany) is something I have the right to do when you have no official way of determing what country I am or I am not part of.

Honestly what is ruining this tournament is people childish attitude.

As if winnining NC would give you money.... holy shait it's just a bloody game and you play it for winning ofc but the most relevant thing is having fun with others, playing for your nation and in case your team is not so good struggling to get the best out of it.

Shall we really end in demanding to each player a scan of his passport\ ID ? ....  For an indie game, with a small community were everyone is acting as if they are back to kindergarten ?

And btw everyone hate people from Belgium : ) !

TurambarMakart said:

As if winnining NC would give you money.... holy shait it's just a bloody game and you play it for winning ofc but the most relevant thing is having fun with others, playing for your nation and in case your team is not so good struggling to get the best out of it.

Shall we really end in demanding to each player a scan of his passport\ ID ? ....  For an indie game, with a small community were everyone is acting as if they are back to kindergarten ?

And btw everyone hate people from Belgium : ) !

Well said man.

TurambarMakart said:

So, taking things seriously is childish. However demanding not to be left out is not.

Wonderful insight.

I agree with these decisions.

4.gif

Fehnor said:
The judgement regarding Belgium players who do not speak Dutch used a secondary measurement of a language barrier (I still hold a contrary opinion on this, but for the sake of communication, and the sake of encouraging players to compete, this was acceded).

In regards to Team BeNe and Belgium teams:
I still don't really understand the internal segregation of Belgium, but this issue has been addressed in the past (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,157792.msg3796365.html#msg3796365), and the decision was made to allow Belgium players that do not speak Dutch (read: choose not to speak Dutch) to play with teams that speak their chosen language. This decision was made for this year only with the understanding that it would not negatively affect teams, but would allow players to participate who would otherwise be unwilling or unable to participate.

Some of these observations are incorrect, as have been pointed out in this thread and in PMs.

It is not ideal to have multiple teams represent a country, or to have players play for another country. I still think the initial ruling of allowing players to join another team based on language barriers is in the spirit of the tournament, and encourages more players to participate. I'll try to leave my personal observations and ignorance out of it next time.

Back
Top Bottom