[NC2013] Questions and Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

^ Compared with some Swedish players having +110 ping on IG Battlegrounds (no names mentioned).  :lol: It's quite interesting how Internet infrastructure works really.  :neutral:

Captain Lust said:
I don't think it would be particularly unfair to make decisions about servers with Canada based mainly on their eastern players.
The problem with that is that we only have 2 "eastern" players. We actually have more players on the west coast than we do on the east. It can be very challenging for us to choose between a player's abilities and location, Canada is a much larger landmass than the USA but with only 1/10th the population and player base. The only province in the east that has Warband players is Quebec, but there's also a language barrier to consider with Quebecers. East coast provinces are too small and too busy with hockey and fishing to worry about video games. 12 out of our 22 players live in Ontario.

From what I've seen, about 25% of us get over 165 on French servers, with the team's average being around 130-135 (a little lower than last year). Of our 2 eastern players, only one gets under 100 ping on French servers. Oh and when I say eastern I don't mean the timezone, I mean Quebec and beyond. The reason for this distinction is because we have players from Ontario and Quebec who share the same timezone but whose pings differ by 20-40 on European servers.

I do know that you sympathize with us for these reasons. Just thought I'd offer a bit of an explanation. I hope this helps people understand why Canada needs a Chicago server against most European teams.

I played on a server the other day a friend of Alenes host it was a London server I had ~80 ping where IG I get ~100 ping. This is coming from the second lowest ping player in USA team, due to being in NJ/NY. I think a London server is a good alternative for the European leg of the tournament matches with NA teams.

Chaingun said:
^ Compared with some Swedish players having +110 ping on IG Battlegrounds (no names mentioned).  :lol: It's quite interesting how Internet infrastructure works really.  :neutral:

Seems to work well now. I think it's some internal line error in germany that's causing issues transferring data to Sweden. I've had the same issue with german servers in other modules too.

Captain Lust said:
It's annoying that NA countries are so stupidly big. I guess you have to factor in that it just won't be as easy to give them fair matches as countries with smaller landmasses.
This is the main issue that gets looked over.  When you're looking at a vs say France or Germany.  If a NY server is utilized we'll have pings anywhere from 15 - 90.  We flip to a French or German server the opposing team will have a fairly consistently similar ping to each other.  That is the real issue, not just US/CAN fielding their lowest ping but we're having to make the same evaluation on our "home" server.

I also agree Central located servers run smoother than NY, from my experience.

Home and away with NA teams and Brazil makes the most sense.  Central US servers for Brazil for EU seemed to work well last year, but I'm sure their captain is a better judge of this than I am.  Just adding my two cents as a NA team capt.

I disagree with home/away system just creating a 4-0 for whichever team has the lowest ping.  Seen it go the away team's way many times.  The thing to overcome is it produces a completely different playstyle where you cannot rely on your infantry for much over stopping cav, unless they're outnumbering their opponent, making a shift to archers and cav.  Introduce the dynamic of the map into the equation and you begin to see the issues with it.

Solution, Lust flies us all to Turkey for NC.

The UK server provided by the lovely Kingdom of Swadia looks like it's going to be our best option for transatlantic matchups and will be good for western European matches too.

Mad Dawg said:
Solution, Lust flies us all to turkey for NC.

OMG NO NOT TURKEY PLS

wild-turkey_765_600x450.jpg

Are we going to somehow put the banners DatFrog made in the game? Will there be a pack release?

Sil Good Feeling said:
Can i find here on talewords forum some pictures of all native map (port assault, ruins etc), whith the different places where the flag may spawn?

Don't think it's available for the original maps but you can find it for the custom ENL maps here:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,196663.0.html

Back
Top Bottom