Looking for a cheap sturdy headset.

Users who are viewing this thread

b00227783

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Well I've been using Turtle Beaches since I started using headsets, but after my 3rd one breaking I'm just gonna give up on them. If I could get something as cheap as TBs with the same qualities but a bit sturdier, and less godamn wires so I don't end up with the dog chewing them or some ****. So uh, yeah, what do you guys recommend.

Gonna hijack this thread and say that I too am looking for a good one (with mic). My Corsairs just bit the dust after a year of heavy use and travel.

Thinking of getting the digital ones this time around, but it's kind of pricey.

As much as I hate to, Fatal1ty's are at least cheap. They broke down after a year of usage for me but I have several friends who have been using them for ages now. They're not too bad. Though I'd just go for something durable.

SkyTime said:
As much as I hate to, Fatal1ty's are at least cheap.

They're cheap for a reason. It is always fun though when people ask for something without letting anyone know their location. Most online shops have sales but it doesn't help if you are in the UK/Germany/US and nobody knows.

My old headset was a sennheiser pc151 and that lasted me probably close to 3 or 4 years, now I upgraded to the pc360. I'd tried logitech before and didn't like them much as well as some other brands that probably don't exist anymore but those were really cheap like $15 headsets for when I didn't care about sound quality.

Sennheiser and logitech are probably about the most durable ones you can get as well as having decent warranties.

I had a TurtleBeach, the cord tore in half after two days. The mic was fantastic, but two days? Really... I use these now:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826158087

Most of those reviews are not always the case. I've had two of these and never had that problem. The first one broke because I stood up to leave my room, forgot the cord was plugged in, and one of the plug contacts got ripped out, totally my fault. Never had an issue otherwise, and my current headset is going on a year and a half of use.

Sp I got a problem here too (just not gonna create a new thread for this). I got a new good pair of headphones, which come with a 3.5 adaptor. The problem is that when I use the adaptor, only the left earphone works. I have done the Windows audio test, and funnily enough, the left earphone registers both sides of the sound, without ignoring the one that should come to the right side. When I remove the adaptor, the headphones work normally. Any idea?

Back
Top Bottom