[WB][M] Full Invasion 2: Osiris 1.03 {Co-op Survival}

Users who are viewing this thread

usnavy30 said:
If I remove the moddb links then google docs might be 404d from constant traffic

Y'know...if it wasn't Google we're talking about here...that might be possible.  lol

usnavy30 said:
but good post.

If a little long-winded, right?  Thanks  :grin:

Actually, I just remembered that I have access to about 500 models that might be useful to this mod.  I noticed in the FI folder there's a file named "accountsonblenderswap.txt."  Can you only use models in Blender's formats or could you use things like .3ds and/or .obj if I sent them to you?  I have weapons and creatures.

No problem.  The forums in general have felt kinda dead lately, at least from what I've seen.  Sorry if my second post came across as rude or impatient.

Carnaxus said:
No problem.  The forums in general have felt kinda dead lately, at least from what I've seen.  Sorry if my second post came across as rude or impatient.
All is well, the forums being dead at the moment give me time to unveil my course of plans. About those models send me a PM if you want and if possible have them in BRF files please. But I am interested to take a look.

Progress Report
image.png

Long-needed bump time.

So here is the status..

I have made the visual look ingame look closer to Native/Full Invasion minus the fog (does anyone want the fog?) I have removed new trees, bushes and the Polished Landscapes so I get a better view of the old/current maps and what really needs fixing of scenes.

All ground, bushes, trees, building details, etc have been reverted to non gritty visuals.
The skybox has been reverted to Native un-retextured skybox. Seeking idea of night-time skybox optional patch.
269870B96E818FA365C842D1615C435C17FBFAC5

The playable factions have been reordered in my test version like so
Kingdom of Swadia
Kingdom of Vaegirs
Khergit Khante
Kingdom of Nords
Kingdom of Rhodoks
Sarranid Sultanate
The Empire
The Kingdom
The Norse
The Colonists
The Macedonians
The Court of Reveran

Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth
Muscovite Tsardom
Crimean Kahante
Kingdom of Sweden
Cossack Hetmanate

The Crusader States
The Assassin Guild
The Roman Empire
The Gallic & Celtic Tribes
The Imperial Legion
The Sengoku Jidai
The Chinese Dynasties
The World War Soldiers
The Super-Heroes
The Modern Era
The Zombies
The 16th Century

The Hammerite
The Hedge Knights
The Cowboys
Kingdom of Bretonnia
The Anglo-Zulu War
The Future Marines
The Seven Kingdoms

Seven Years' War France
Seven Years' War Great Britain
Seven Years' War Prussia
Seven Years' War Spain
Seven Years' War Austria
Seven Years' War Sweden
Seven Years' War Hanover
Seven Years' War Russia
Seven Years' War Saxony
Seven Years' War Portugal

Arnor
Gondor
Rohan
Elves
Dwarves
Men of the East
Isengard
Mordor

Rohan & Elves
Seven Years' War Combined
The Calradian Realms
The Napoleonic Wars
With Fire and Sword Combined
The Middle Earth
Full Invasion Combined

Current Playable factions: 62

I put Middle Earth to the bottom for obvious reasons especially to discourage poll spamming of it. The other combined factions I find it fitting to have towards the bottom.
I put some Empty Placeholder factions for alteration in the future to keep the kingdom numbers intact.

As I am fixing minor bugs in the test version of the next update to FI2 I want to bring into awareness the history of the Invasion game mode, starting with the classic mod Battle for Calradia or also known as Invasion Mod simply. The mod has only one invader faction called Invaders, but in a nutshell is key to learning more about the game mode's context and history. The items and scenes I have interest in to add to a more refined sequel.

The Invasion Mod scenes especially I have interest in to add as a reminder of how far the mod has come to present day with some maps working well only needing chests and beds and refill stations while a few maps need editing to fix scene props before they can be determined for tweaking.

As of now I only want scenes being edited if necessary to fix bugs, not glitching spots only broken props as fixing our resources is more important than fixing glitching spots when players can kick delayers or admins can handle the situation.

Battle for Calradia (Invasion Mod)
This module works on the latest version of Warband and has minimum bugs, singleplayer being a test version.

Full Invasion
This module works on the latest version of Warband and you need to have the autobalance patch applied so rounds are best of 3 again than one.

Please be careful upon clicking the google docs link as I do not want traffic 404'ing the uploaded links so do not spam the links everywhere if anywhere.

I advise 32 bit users to test Invasion and Full Invasion before playing Full Invasion 2 to get a picture of growth and size. Events I am planning for the mod as well.

I am fixing Native Item stats to pre 1.158 patch (except I like the idea of Khergit Infantry) this means Vaegir Archer class retains it's stats and scimitar.

It seems some weapons uncommonly used have altered stats than Native so this will have to be looked at.

My major future task is tweaking the Resource folder to condense number of BRF files and remove the materials/textures brf file as it crashes openBRF and this will be a challenge to solve.

Currently upcoming I am fixing minor bugs such as white gloves conflicting with another same named pair >_>

As I modify things I really want feedback from everyone to know if it's great or bad, and to solve differences.

Also, do not ask for a release date I will not give a specified date as the work is in progress. My one and only answer is 'when it is ready'

I disagree with not removing the glitching spots.

It could be annoying places (the trees on defend the mountain to the table on troy invasion)

And not every server has kick polls

Talked out on steam so ignore

usnavy30 said:
Progress Report

Long-needed bump time.

So here is the status..

I have made the visual look ingame look closer to Native/Full Invasion minus the fog (does anyone want the fog?) I have removed new trees, bushes and the Polished Landscapes so I get a better view of the old/current maps and what really needs fixing of scenes.

All ground, bushes, trees, building details, etc have been reverted to non gritty visuals.
The skybox has been reverted to Native un-retextured skybox. Seeking idea of night-time skybox optional patch.
usnavy30 said:

In general I do not understand why to undertake all that effort to remove gritty textures and "reverting to native" is necessary...
Unless this is somehow connected to make the mod accessible to 32bit users, I'd consider this as waste of valuable resources.

harnas1977 said:
usnavy30 said:
Progress Report

Long-needed bump time.

So here is the status..

usnavy30 said:

In general I do not understand why to undertake all that effort to remove gritty textures and "reverting to native" is necessary...
Unless this is somehow connected to make the mod accessible to 32bit users, I'd consider this as waste of valuable resources.

It's for that, We want 32-bit users to be able to use the mod, which requires us to remove some stuff from the mod​

Hi guys, I always crash  but I have a strong PC. I tried to disable the anti aliasing and play on Direct X7 but it didn't work.

W8 64 Bit
8Go  1600 Mhz
i5 4670K @ 4.1 Ghz (4 core)
EVGA Dual Classified GTX 780

So I didn't think it's my PC the problem.

Raym said:
Hi guys, I always crash  but I have a strong PC. I tried to disable the anti aliasing and play on Direct X7 but it didn't work.

W8 64 Bit
8Go  1600 Mhz

Are you using low res or high res?

ZeroFighterR said:
Raym said:

W8 64 Bit
8Go  1600 Mhz

I donwloaded the high res and the game still crashing so I dl the low res and the game keep crashing.

Raym said:
ZeroFighterR said:
Raym said:

W8 64 Bit
8Go  1600 Mhz

I donwloaded the high res and the game still crashing so I dl the low res and the game keep crashing.
Do you have Load Textures on Demand on checkmarked in Warband's Configure menu?
Also I still plan to have gritty textures and Polished Landscapes available for the mod, simply this time optional for best optimization of the base module.

usnavy30 said:
Raym said:
ZeroFighterR said:
Raym said:

W8 64 Bit
8Go  1600 Mhz

Do you have Load Textures on Demand on checkmarked in Warband's Configure menu?

Yes, I have it.

Try running in directx9 and usual options ingame that you use for other modules. are you joining an old server? I really hate these crashes to no end, was the crash a runtime error?

I have the exact same problem too. It worked a month ago, but not anymore. Tried everything, there's just a runtime error after some minutes on the loading screen.  :neutral:

I have a small announcement, I will be working my technical job Tuesday-Thursday from 12-5 PM as the work call is required.
While I am supposed to be on spring break, I am not I have to work the large chunk of the week after today, fun.  :roll:

Then on Friday I leave for a one weekend vacation to a L.A hotel to visit Universal Studios for the Saturday and will be back Sunday. Spending time with the family.

During this time, have fun, keep posting suggestions and bugs etc
But I do not want any PMs concerning the mod until I return Sunday, that goes for Steam PMs and Moddb PMs as well or else you will have to wait some days for a reply.

See you all until Sunday, IRL things keep getting in the way of mod progress thus there is little I can do about it. But rest assured progress will carry on in between everything.

Bump and you can ignore the above post now

Instead I have schoolwork to attend to AND after school rehearsal as tech crew, this won't end for two straight weeks every day (except this Sunday)

Again it slows down progress for plans and executing them but there is nothing more I can do about it, that's life.

OP needs updating aswell....

Back
Top Bottom