Warframe

Users who are viewing this thread

120625014453_WARFRAME.jpg

Anyone playing it? TB made a video about it, so check that if you need more information. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjTq4dTxh1w

But basically, the game has you playing as a cyborg samurai ninja with firearms and all sorts of awesome skills, fighting against a decaying human empire of spess mahrees, and another human faction which mostly uses robotic units.

Personally I've only completed two missions so far, and my impressions are as follows:

Its pretty gud.

The difficulty, even on the first two levels Ive played so far, is balls-to-the-walls high. The thing is, I've been playing solo, but you can play with 3 other people, either pubs or friends via invite. Playing solo, you pretty much need to never die, or you need to use a revival point, which you get 4 each day unless you want to pay for more (Platinum is the currency you need to pay for with real money, more on that later), or you die and have to start the mission all over again.

I played the first mission, wasted all my revival points, but luckily they refill every day. After this you get to start upgrading your character, or Warframe as they're called, giving them more abilities and better stats, for example, the Warframe Im playing as right now, Excalibur, has an awesome sword to slice spess mehreens to pieces, and one of his abilities is that he charges forward, slicing anyone who gets in the way.

The second mission, not having any more revival points, I played as stealthily as I could. Interestingly enough, stealth is more or less a very good tactic, however, even though I believe you can complete most missions in stealth mode (No way you can avoid killing people (Atleast I've never seen something like that happening)), you will eventually have to confront the marines.

The fighting reminds me very much of Mass Effect, without the cover system (The AI still uses a cover system), to keep things mobile. Staying on the move, attacking from the flanks, sniping the more dangerous marines from afar, lots of options on how you proceed to finish the mission.

And speaking of missions, Im not sure how many types there are, both Ive played so far have been "unique", other was a sabotage mission, the other a raid, in both you had to get from point a to point b, at which you had to either sabotage or capture an artifact, and proceed for extraction at point c.

But, the game is still in Closed Beta, so there's room for improvement. Speaking of which, the platinum system.

I was kinda put off by this. A lot of the cool stuff requires you to use platinum, including new inventory slots and Warframes. You do get 50 platinum to start with, which is about enough for, like, one Warframe and two item slots. If you buy some of the platinum, you get access to the forums and all that, basically become a supported, but it's still weird.

Anyway, you can check the game out at https://warframe.com/ , and if you act fast, there are still over 800 keys for the closed beta left at here: http://www.mmobomb.com/giveaway/warframe-beta-keys you just need to register to get the key, and follow the instructions at the bottom of the page to get in the beta.

They're out of keys now.

Also yeah, saw the video as well and was very much reminded of ME3 MP. Actually looks kinda interesting though.
If I can get a key later down the line I shall definitely check this out.

Rather satisfying game if you play with friends.

Only extreme annoyance is the fact that you are not allowed to play it as much as you want but have to pay if you revive more than 4 times a day. This is the only 100% pure, concentrated fail they have. Specially as the game is quite challenging later on.

Skyrage said:
Rather satisfying game if you play with friends.

Only extreme annoyance is the fact that you are not allowed to play it as much as you want but have to pay if you revive more than 4 times a day. This is the only 100% pure, concentrated fail they have. Specially as the game is quite challenging later on.

But when playing with other its irrelevant. They can revive you ....right.

Im not in the beta.

Yep, that is true, but for casual players this is a bit of a slap in the face. And the game does get rather challenging as well.

Of course you can still play despite not having any revives but then it means you have to start over from the beginning.

Played a bit more, this time with other people.
A lot easier and more fun than alone. Especially when they don't know how to pick up ****, or rather that they can do so at all, haha. Assuming that each item can only be picked up by one player, otherwise the other three just missed out.

Anyway, matchmaking needs more work.
Joined a mission that was in the ending cinematic, the next one I joined I had to go a whole 2m to get to the extraction point and was done. Far from ideal.
But hey, beta is beta :razz:

Comrade Temuzu said:
Hold up kids, I found you some more keys: http://www.freemmostation.com/giveaways/warframe-closed-beta-giveaway/

****, I accidentally clicked it again after I got my key and now I don't remember what it is. Can someone who already has a key get me one please?

Suspicious Pilgrim said:
Comrade Temuzu said:
Hold up kids, I found you some more keys: http://www.freemmostation.com/giveaways/warframe-closed-beta-giveaway/

****, I accidentally clicked it again after I got my key and now I don't remember what it is. Can someone who already has a key get me one please?

PMed

Wellenbrecher said:
Played a bit more, this time with other people.
A lot easier and more fun than alone. Especially when they don't know how to pick up ****, or rather that they can do so at all, haha. Assuming that each item can only be picked up by one player, otherwise the other three just missed out.
Not sure how that goes, would kinda make sense both ways.

Also yes, matchmaking needs work. :lol:

Also a tip for the ones who try to stay sneaky: If you havent noticed, the second guards spot you, they will run for the closest control panel to activate the alarm. If you can stop them, no alarm is set, and the ships sensors wont detect you. So basically, take note of where the panels are before you start slicing people up.

...Took too long? I wouldnt blame the game for that, didnt know "taking too long" is a thing. :lol: I've spent over an hour on one mission that I completed in stealth mode until I was forced to fight.

But yeah, you might want to join a team to play for the first few missions until your Warframe upgrades. Excalibur gets the sweet slashing ability, he dashes forward for about 5 feet, killing almost everything that happens to be on the way.

Also, new update. Previously you had to pay for the "Pro" version of items and Warframes, which basically unlocks the full tech tree. Now, you can build an upgrade that can be used to unlock the rest of the tech tree.

Try restaring the game, I hear that fixes it.

Btw, my nick is Temuzu, just for future reference.

Just bought the Lex, cant wait to test it out. Imagine a futuristic Desert Eagle, or the gun Judge Dredd uses.

Back
Top Bottom