I'm a dad now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Ativan said:
Congratulations!

Oh and I see that you have uncovered your identity here, too. Shame on you  :razz:
Thanks Ativan :smile: Like RATM says: What better time than now!

Pavlov said:
Edward said:
You don't want a kid, and yet you want to get married? Isn't that sort of why marriage was instituted-to have kids?
And your reasons sound pretty selfish. And with an attitude like that you probably will end up with a divorce before your're 25.
There are a few reasons for not wanting kids.
One commonly stated reason is not having a large enough income to support them (but you can always get by), or STDs, but in my book you shouldn't be contemplating marriage if you have problems like these.

I am not trying to smash you, but I think you need to rethink your relationship.

ehhh... that's so fundamentalist Christian of you. So because I don't want kids I should not want to get married? I'm not marring her to pump out little Pavlov's, I'm marring her because I love her, and want to spend the rest of my life with her. I can easily accomplish this without having kids. Getting married to have kids is so 12th century. What about people who have kids and don't get married? and what about couples who CANT have kids? I guess they are excluded from your sermons?

And my attitude? I'm not ready to be a parent, I won't be ready at 25, I don't think I'll even be ready at 45. I don't want to subjugate a child to ****ty male parenting, I've had enough of that in my own life. If you know you will fail at something the responsible thing is not to do it, It's like a fat kid trying to hang upside down on a jungle gym. He knows not to do it. That's why I don't think I should have kids, that and the whole not wanting my wife to cut off her hair and wear stretchy pants thing.

Getting married has nothing to do with making kids, at least not in my opinion, I don't consider my "future ex wife" as a baby plant. I'm not trying to smash you either, but if you get married just to have kids you're going to have a ****ty life. Especially if you're shooting blanks or something.

Certainly married, doesn't seem willing to have kids. Maybe I'm mistaken - I'll finish looking later.

Back
Top Bottom