Crashing, Low FPS, and Lag Fixes

Users who are viewing this thread

Splintert said:
Does it shut down instantly (black screen) or with a short blue screen then off, or with the normal Windows "Shutting Down" screen?
Just goes to black screen and the computer just powers off  :cry:

On the overheating problem, got any suggestions on how to fix it besides getting extra fans (case can't take more) and all the fans seem to be working fine, it is on a desk with both sides, top and back in clear open space.

Open it up, dust it out.

Figure out exactly which piece is overheating (CPU, GPU, etc) and lower the voltage by a little bit. Make sure to rigorously test stability after every change.

Hi . I found a silly bug . Last time I played like 1 week ago. When I wanted to join  server saying what I am banned. Please help me I dont know waht should I do  :?: . My name in PW 4.4 is Diana.

That's not a bug, the server admins banned you.
What should you do? As I am assuming that you are talking about Nexus, you'll have to visit the Nexus forum to write an unban appeal. [EU_Nexus Community --> Unban Appeals]

Changed the required version of Warband in the first post from 1.153 to 1.158: I forgot about this thread when releasing the relevant update.

I'm having fps issues, since like 2 years, I've been playing with 30 fps (low), but the fps spikes occur all the time, I'm playing like 30 fps 5 min and then they drop to <10 fps for 15 min. Before that i used to play with good fps but my laptop used to crash a bit.
Specs:
          Intel Pentium Dual-Core T4400 2.20 GHz
          4 Gb of Ram ddr3
          ATI Radeon HD 4500 series
          Windows 7 32 bits

I think that overheating is the issue, because I don't clean my laptop since forever.       

Mr_SkinnyHead said:
I'm having fps issues, since like 2 years, I've been playing with 30 fps (low), but the fps spikes occur all the time, I'm playing like 30 fps 5 min and then they drop to <10 fps for 15 min. Before that i used to play with good fps but my laptop used to crash a bit.
Specs:
          Intel Pentium Dual-Core T4400 2.20 GHz
          4 Gb of Ram ddr3
          ATI Radeon HD 4500 series
          Windows 7 32 bits

I think that overheating is the issue, because I don't clean my laptop since forever.     

Your system is probably throttling to prevent overheating.

Alright I'd undervolted my CPU  and i got some results, now i can play with 35 FPS avarage with directx9 and medium graphics, but still not as good as it was.
Im planing to clean the dust as i never cleaned it.

I remember my old GPU would reach temperatures up to 170 degrees Celsius during winter, had to play on the lowest graphics and Directx7 to increase good performance time, for cooldown I used to take my PC box to the balcony where it was around -10 degrees so 5 minutes were usually enough. Even though this was done at my home, don't do that at your home, kids.

Back
Top Bottom