Extra Invasion Mod - The Revival for Progress

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

usnavy30

Grandmaster Knight
Hi as many of us know this mod had has some problems with copyright issues and permissions i believe.

First i want to correct this mess...

1. Alex no longer wants to update the mod so I may be self urged to continue the Invasion legacy. As now its Open Source.
2. Since Alex is done with this mod and i want to pick it back up I must help heal the wounds of the mod.

Before i start progress however, Ill need a team more on that later.

Now to start at square one:

I am truely sorry for this mod to have if any stolen or not credited mods/items/misc and their creators.
I am very aware this mod has gotten bad rep because of this issue
And lastly I want to get this mod out of the trouble frying pan and into the on track stage.

Thus Modders! if you see anything that is yours and NOT cited properly post it here and ill try to make a list to resolve this long standing issue..

EDIT: TY Goker I wasn't sure where to put this to get it out there.

So....

Any Mods that this Ei mod did not credit?
Anything you think used without permission?
I want to be rid of this nightmare of legal issues so please speak up modders!

Once you remove everything without permission, there wont be a mod left to play.

Which is more than alright with me. This mod and everyone associated with it should be banished from the internet for eternity.

Also, has someone checked this guy isnt just another Alex_Dragon dupe? Sure seems like one.

No i am NOT a Alex Dupe I am a player of the Mod I wanna revive it and polish it up a bit
HOWEVER i want modders to post what they were not credited for! I am truely sorry for this mess.

Alex is long gone to work on the mod

I am not a Alex Lung dupe nor any name of it he was my modder friend till i learned about...this ^

I just wish to continue the mod and Arch3r's work

My Steam page the same as my username proves this as I am his steam friend and hes always offline going by the name of China or such and you can spot him in the friends list.

I am the Admin of the growing EIKnights clan we made on the mod.
I am a player not a bot nor scammer or hacker I just love the game series.

And also Alex'a location by Moddb.com is said to be the United Kingdom so IP check please as I am in the West Coast, United States and I don't speak broken English.

Problem is, some modders don't want to be credited, they want their work to be removed from the mod. So, as Temuzu says, once you remove all that stuff there will be nothing left to play.

>_> Nice of modders to be cooperative... So am i SOL? Can i not undo this fix?

I would really like it if i knew WHERE these items came from and from whom.

I mean i dont want to undo everything of the mod but a proper credits list would be a start!

(I still can't believe the modder never thought of this crediting...)

If you absolutely want to make an invasion mod, just start a completely new one using the OSP code that arch3r released, that way you know for sure that you aren't using stuff uncredited. I think the mod uses some of my stuff that I never really gave them permission to use.. and the mod in general just seems like one big pile of stolen models/textures from other modders, games etc...

"Nice of modders to be cooperative", imagine if you spent tons of hours creating content meant for other mods, then someone else just takes it without giving you as much as a "thank you" for it, and then take credit for it themselves..

Well i mean i want to undo this mess >_< but i REALLY want to know where some of this stuff came from like i dont even know which mods they are from

And yes sir i want help i dont want oh this guy could be Alex dupe again hostility.
Yes i realize stuff that wasnt credited makes you ticked off alot
Yes this needs to be credited.
If anything can i please have the credits of what you made? So i CAN properly credit you guys?

The modder never did that!

I want to credit properly and try to get the mod out of trouble...

The problem is that you cant just take my stuff and credit me for it when I don't want the mod to use the stuff at all, as then it's stealing..

And most likely everone else that has gotten their stuff stolen feels the same way, which means you got no stuff and should therefore just start a new mod from scratch if you absolutely want to work on an invasion mod..

/facepalms

http://www.moddb.com/mods/extra-invasion/forum/thread/credits-list-for-extra-invasion

Have you even seen this list?! I want to know if Alex lied about it!.... think about it...

And if i do use the Full Invasion OSP then can we set this true and false list straight?

Aye i know i need credits
i know you dont want the stolen stuff thats agreable and will be upheld

NOW WHAT IS AND IS NOT CREDITED OR GIVEN PERMISSIONS??

Answer me that please.

And i will keep a list of stuff to remove for the mod and credit properly as it needs bloody credits!

Lastly is the credit list honorable or is it totally lying?

Thats my question.

usnavy30 said:
Aye i know i need credits
i know you dont want the stolen stuff thats agreable and will be upheld

NOW WHAT IS AND IS NOT CREDITED OR GIVEN PERMISSIONS??

Answer me that please.

And i will keep a list of stuff to remove for the mod and credit properly as it needs bloody credits!

Lastly is the credit list honorable or is it totally lying?

Thats my question.

It does not matter what is credited. Alex stole, whether he credited or not. It would be like if the owner of an art gallery walked into another art gallery, and stole a bunch of paintings. The theif than gives credit to the other gallery for the paintings, but it's still stealing, and the thief is still being an ******* for not asking PERMISSION. Permission is what Alex didn't have, and that is what matters.

OK so if he didnt have permission then did he lie when he told me on Desura he just got permissions?
To Quote:
alex_lung Oct 18 2012, 8:20am said:
yay! i got the permission to use almost all games models. most game makers said as long as you are selling your mod as free you can use it
Yes?

And now I said i will get rid of everything stolen

Now WHAT exactly is stolen?

I want to know that i cant figure it out thats what i am asking!

I know not EVERYTHING was stolen some of it was OSP and i cannot tell!

Answer me that.

And yes if people want to have their stuff for promotions in the mod i kindly ask permission.
To whom it may concern in a second chance:
I ask earnestly to use the items in this mod.
May i pretty please have the required permissions to continue the mod?

I am asking not demanding and i will accept a nice and kind sorry but no.

First of all, he almost certainly is lying. Secondly, why should we help you to make a mod so detrimental to our modding community? If you want to make things right, go ahead, but dont expect anyone else to jump on the chance to make this mod legit.

did he lie when he told me on Desura he just got permissions?
Well, just from the screenshots he's not using much from Blood and Steel, other than a few pieces of gear, without bothering to credit me or the original creator, which is the stipulation I put on using all of that content.

This is very troubling.  In the past, Alex asked me for permission to use certain things for his early projects, which I happily granted.  Then he built a mod with a bunch of stuff from a Chinese "team" that mysteriously looked like a bunch of art rips from other games, which was extremely disappointing.  Now we're here, and from the comments, people must have really enjoyed the mod, but it's tarnished by the IP ripoffs and generally immature behavior of the creator.

If he wanted to have a career in doing this stuff, he's blown it the minute somebody checks out his past; this is a huge no-no.

In terms of fixing the mod for a legal re-release, you'd have to fix all of the stuff whose ownership isn't 100% clear; i.e., no robot models ripped from other games, no Anime characters ripped from games, etc., etc. 

Just because the "team" claims something "came from them" is not nearly enough; if it's clearly a game rip or came from other mods / games, it's got to go.  I can't see enough commonality to the art style to even begin to parse where that line could be drawn; just proving that the work is 100% made by the team is pretty much impossible, because Alex surely doesn't know where all this stuff came from originally.  What's really disturbing to me is that he's declared all of this stuff, which he didn't make, as "Open Source", which is illegal; you cannot give away things you don't own like that.  So it's null and void.

It'd be easier to just start over again from Arch3r's code and things that are from here and can be tracked back to the original artists, frankly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom