MP Sci-Fi SW: Bear Force II - 1.0 Released!

Users who are viewing this thread

Found this while cleaning my drive, I am slightly shocked it has already been 3 years since the early beta days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoQGjPIfbMA&feature=youtu.be

For those interested:
Yesterdays event! 21st`s point of view, thanks to Lexxe for recording. :grin:

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1qSiZ-gBCs

Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pflmoODj8Uo&list=UUWB5mKhtanggCehyWAIfDtQ

As soon as this mod doesn't have any big playerbase, I'd suggest to focus on developing controlling squads of bots, so it wouldn't feel so lonely when you join an empty server with your friend or a couple of friends. I downloaded that mod like a few hours ago, so I will post my ideas later, after I finish thinking about the bot-related stuff.

With kind regards from Russia,
Dima

First thing I found while playing team deathmatch with a lot of bots on each side. Clone troopers are much, much stronger than B1 battle droids. They have equal weapons, but different body armour, it makes clone troopers OP. Is that a bug or a feature?

Baskakov_Dima said:
First thing I found while playing team deathmatch with a lot of bots on each side. Clone troopers are much, much stronger than B1 battle droids. They have equal weapons, but different body armour, it makes clone troopers OP. Is that a bug or a feature?
You do notice that this mod is no longer worked on atm?

And probably a feature, the battle droids owned by the CIS (Confederacy of Independent Systems) are cheap junk. They lack any intelligence, unlike protocol droids (Famous ones such as C-3PO) and have little combat training, actually, they have none. It's all in their wires. So they don't act on instinct, that is why you often see them in a massive blob, taking no cover, and walking forward while shooting. They are easily replaceable and mass produced.

The Clone Troopers are clones of Jango Fett, who was the Mand'alor, the sole ruler of the Mandalorian people and clans. Now, Mandalorians were expert fighters, and elite bandits so to speak, they committed genocide on many planets, and almost killed the Jedi, they are often confused to be another part of the Sith Empire, but they are actually independent, and the Mand'alor decides if they will accept money from the Republic or Empire to fight for them...Back on topic though, even though the Clones were already able fighters, in their jeans, they were all cloned by extreme expert Mandalorians.

They are more expensive, more training, and more equipped...They also have a brain, so they do act on instinct, and can actually desert, though it's rare. After the fall of the Jedi by Darth Sidious, many clones actually joined Mandalorian tribes, and were trained the exact way a normal Mandalorian would.

They never became stormtroopers or anything...just Mandalorians.

In short... Droids = Cheap, stupid junk. Clones = Expensive, intelligent, skillful, mandalorian. #StarWarsFanBoy.

Scorpia said:
Baskakov_Dima said:
You do notice that this mod is no longer worked on atm?

And probably a feature, the battle droids owned by the CIS (Confederacy of Independent Systems) are cheap junk. They lack any intelligence, unlike protocol droids (Famous ones such as C-3PO) and have little combat training, actually, they have none. It's all in their wires. So they don't act on instinct, that is why you often see them in a massive blob, taking no cover, and walking forward while shooting. They are easily replaceable and mass produced.

The Clone Troopers are clones of Jango Fett, who was the Mand'alor, the sole ruler of the Mandalorian people and clans. Now, Mandalorians were expert fighters, and elite bandits so to speak, they committed genocide on many planets, and almost killed the Jedi, they are often confused to be another part of the Sith Empire, but they are actually independent, and the Mand'alor decides if they will accept money from the Republic or Empire to fight for them...Back on topic though, even though the Clones were already able fighters, in their jeans, they were all cloned by extreme expert Mandalorians.

They are more expensive, more training, and more equipped...They also have a brain, so they do act on instinct, and can actually desert, though it's rare. After the fall of the Jedi by Darth Sidious, many clones actually joined Mandalorian tribes, and were trained the exact way a normal Mandalorian would.

They never became stormtroopers or anything...just Mandalorians.

In short... Droids = Cheap, stupid junk. Clones = Expensive, intelligent, skillful, mandalorian. #StarWarsFanBoy.

Not many Mandalorians are bandits. With their combat experience, they are often hired as mercenaries or bounty hunters. Secondly, they were cloned by Kaminoans (the grey aliens with long necks). Normal clone troopers are seldom trained by Mandalorians if they were available at all since the best trainers are often used to train the more elite clone commandos. Thirdly, only a small minority deserted the Empire after Order 66 as they are physically incapable of doing so, since they were programmed to be loyal to the Chancellor. Also in the novels, clones came to hate their Mandalorian heritage after suffering defeats from the Mandalorian Protectors led by a renegade ARC trooper (most elite type of troops of the Republic), plus a huge quantity was grown in a year using Spaarti technology and had little training.

Oh believe me I know. I've been learning the actual language spoken by the Mandalorians..I would tell you it but i'm a bit dry, not used it in a while :razz:

I know they were cloned by Kaminoans, but they were cloned in a representation of Jango Fett. Not all Mandalorians are actually Mercs/Bounty hunters, that is what they've been "seen" as. They are honour bound warriors.  And you're wrong, a small minority did not. A large amount did, the Empire stopped using the Clone Program for multiple reasons, but none are actually confirmed. Some could be:

That the Non-Kamino clones (Spaati) were less stable.

Fett Kaminoan clones were considered too risky due to Kaminoan rebellion

And clones were too expensive, takes ages to mature them, and some could be too unstable. Basically, it's cheaper to buy a recruit and train him, than a baby to solider, plus, it was far quicker.

In the novel Allegiance, stormtrooper protagonists suggest that the Emperor conciously stops producing more clones, favoring regular humans.

I guess that while he would appreciate clones as useful tools, he would still consider them inferior to "pure" humans. He is a hopeless racist, after all.

Also, he has no need of them anymore. Jango Fett was a good template, but the main advantages of the clone army was short breeding and training cycles and absolute obedience. Once the Empire is firmly in place, the Emperor can take all the time he needs to train and brainwash regular troops. He has a wast pool of recruits, too, as opposed to when he was Chancellor.

Furthermore, I seem to remember that the clones did not fare too well when living longer. They were made to fight hard and die quickly, not to serve for decades.

Mandalorians that trained clones, like Kal Skirata, had boned with clones. I can't exactly remember what happened, but there was a civil war for the Mand'alor spot, It's been a while since I've done Mandalorian Lore, but a large large junk of the people were Clone troopers, who won the war, who were rebelling, their outfits and armor were the same Mandalorian gear used by Jango and Boba Fett.

Yee...best not talk about it here...reply in PMs if wished :smile: Don't want to spam the thread with off topic lore.

It would keep the thread up to be quite honest. I'm not one for Republic Era Lore. I prefer the New Republic Era and the New Jedi Order Era. (Mainly because I love to watch the Jedi slowly rise to power facing every struggle possible and also to watch the Twins grow up.)

My favorite book series so far would be Thrawn or Jedi Academy.

Not necessarily. They never fully die out and even if they did, the force is wielded by many others in the galaxy and it only takes one at that point to say "I'm going to be a jedi! Because I found the teachings and yatatata".

Luke after all was just a farm boy with very little teaching from former Jedi. He mostly relied on a Jedi Holocron and his own discoveries to train his very first group of students. So it's to say that there could be other orders besides Jedi that could hold the same value.

Zenithar said:
Not necessarily. They never fully die out and even if they did, the force is wielded by many others in the galaxy and it only takes one at that point to say "I'm going to be a jedi! Because I found the teachings and yatatata".

Luke after all was just a farm boy with very little teaching from former Jedi. He mostly relied on a Jedi Holocron and his own discoveries to train his very first group of students. So it's to say that there could be other orders besides Jedi that could hold the same value.
Oh yes, there is hundreds of "cults" who are Force sensitive. The majority tend to be lead by an exiled Sith or Jedi. Luke was not alone however, although he did have support, he was trained by one of the most famous Jedi when he was at his prime, and then later trained by the last Grandmaster of the Jedi. If I recall he had other trained Jedi assist him, and there was thousands of Jedi hiding during the Empire's reign.

Neither Sith nor Jedi will ever, be fully wiped out, that would mean there was no balance with the force. There must be light, and dark. Even if it results in war. The only time there was ever Balance between the Force, and no war, was before the Sith Empire (Not the exiled Jedi who had war with Jedi) had met the Republic. Both factions were flourishing in their own corners of the Galaxy. Till Gav and Jori Daragorn went to Korriban, and Naga Sadow tracked Jori to the Republic. Jori warned the Republic of an Empire equal to them, wanting war. But they never listened, of course leading to Sith slaughtering millions of Republic citizens and armies.

Agreed. Luke was trained by at least the following: Obi-Wan, Yoda, Ghost of Qui-Gon, Darth Vader (Semi), Emperor's Clone, Master C'Boath's Clone, Night Sisters, Jedi holocrons, and many others. Luke was beneficial in the sense that he had such a legendary position in the galaxy that it naturally drew people to him both good and bad. This allowed him to search out several different individuals he might not have otherwise meet. C'Boath is an example.

As for sith, I hate the often blurred line of "Sith" and actual Blood Sith. I can understand why their named such because of their considerable mix during the first days of Korriban from Exile Jedi and Native Sith and I actually find it kind of funny how the Sith say their pure when in fact, the majority are "Mud Bloods" if you will.

I personally like Luke's form of the Jedi Order compared to the old one. Granted it's much smaller and easier to control, which for one is something that I like. His teaching on marriage for example had prevented several students to fall whereas a lot did in the past. Granted it does create a "weakness" in the jedi, it also creates several strengths. The bond that the lovers form is similar to the bond of Master and Student. Mara Jade's bond with Luke is a prime example as well Organa-Solo's with Luke and her children.

Yes you are right with the Sith.

Sith the original, were like beasts. Due to their extinction and the breeding with Humans, let "Sith pure bloods" to be the nearest thing to a pure Sith.

Kinda like Mandalorians, they were their own race, of monster looking as well. Except they never bread with Humans, and were extinct, leading to the future Mandalorians. Who took up their culture.

I'm not 100% informed of what happened with Luke's and New Jedi Order era+
I do know a lot of the old republic. I just find Star Wars lore so vast, and interesting. Always nice to talk about it.

I recommend the Jedi Academy Triology and the Thrawn Trilogy.

Era Book List

This little thing right here will help you find the right books in the right order.

Star Wars is so nice. I don't like the Old Republic too much, but I do love the Jedi strictly in that era. They were wise and arrogant in their own right. I preferred portion of that era was the Mandalorian Wars and the Particular part of where SWTOR is placed. (Although the MMO is :/ )

Back
Top Bottom