[NA] - [ Avalon ] - Main - Thread - [ Avalon Rev3 - LIVE ]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Topsoldier said:
I cant seem to load the site, but I heared Smokey lost his rights but I wanted to say he is NOT either of the ones im referring too.

This is what I posted and what was extracted from the logs of RCCserver regarding smokey and Carber (incase you were curious which seems to be the case :grin:):
TS:
<15:40:06> "Smokey": come join ''US_PW_TROJAN_RP'' ! Its the exact same map, Valley of Swamps, except it has better ping

IN-GAME:

22:14:13 - [Community_Support_Carber] HELLO PEOPLE GO TO US PW TROJAN RP ITS VALLY OF THE SWAPES OK

22:14:26 - [Community_Support_Carber] PING IS #&

US_PW_TROJAN_RP has an amazing staff and quickly removed these two buggers for "attempting" to tarnish their reputation, which did not work of course..luckily the server owner was online and came directly to the ts and the issue was resolved.  Hooray for teamwork I'd say.

I recognize Smokey, not sure if that is a good thing.

Carber though is a well known one to me on many servers. He is a child, literrally, I heard him on TS he is approximately 13-14 years old. He has the maturity level of a child, literrally, I heard him on TS and he sounds and acts approximately 13-14 years old. Always a trouble maker, randomer, rager, griefer etc etc

But yea, don't let the bad name of a few admins ruin the whole good name of your server. Even if you do get rid of the bad admins, the damage is already done and people will always have a bad grudge towards your server. Picking your admins is 50% background checking and 50% luck. I had one admin who was so well renowned to be a great admin, honest player, etc etc... And then a week later out of the blue he went rogue, spawned gold for everyone and did a mass-ban on everyone on the server. No warnings, he was doing a good job until that point.

Best of luck

@ GK_JaXm , the comment directed towards age is not exactly correct in many sense..I, myself am 14, but do I sound like it? no do I act like it? no.

The statement you made refers to maturity, not age; for some it just comes faster than for others.

Sir Edwards said:
@ GK_JaXm , the comment directed towards age is not exactly correct in many sense..I, myself am 14, but do I sound like it? no do I act like it? no.

The statement you made refers to maturity, not age; for some it just comes faster than for others.

Touche... I can reflect on that, I have met some 15 year olds on TS who are very mature, and vice versa, some 25 year olds who are like children.

My bad for assuming based on age, let me go edit that real quick

GK_JaXm said:
Sir Edwards said:

Touche... I can reflect on that, I have met some 15 year olds on TS who are very mature, and vice versa, some 25 year olds who are like children.

My bad for assuming based on age, let me go edit that real quick

Dont worry, no harm done; I'm just making sure you know some, and by some I mean .1% haha, of my generation actually has some sense. :smile:

Odard is pretty much right though. 

No offense to anyone young but there is a pattern in regards to bad admins and young age. 

Often I can see benefit in Server Owners sharing ban lists, naturally there is also the possibility that Server Owners can be less than honest about bans too.

Somewhat gratified that my giving you a heads up on Hoffman paid off though :wink:

We keep an unbanned list @ RCC, whenever some one is unbanned we cut and paste their ban line into an unbanned.txt file, this keeps the ban_list.txt file size down and manageable (if it exceeds 600 lines we have known it to cause the server to crash) yet gives us easy recourse to the history of a player.

Nimueh said:
I cant seem to load the site, but I heard Smokey lost his rights but I wanted to say he is NOT either of the ones im referring too.
  I believe the one i busted by the name of David_Hoffman was one of them.  would some names refresh your memory? 

As of now I have Hektor, Olama, Ryno, Grinch of Troy which is super laid back. David who is gone, was always running around geared it plates and such.  I got rid of smokey, carber, and starlord before things headed up.  So if there is one more bad apple hiding aboot I want to find them. 

I believe Olama are Ryno are learning very well.  Every day they get better, and are both very fun.  Been the most help.

Never had any run ins in my short time there with david and smokey but I have noticed that grinch and hektor seem to have a good head on their shoulders. I am glad they are helping you out in this tender time.

If servers wouldn't take every derp who logs on and says they have admin experience in NW then they wouldn't have to. I had people logging onto my map testing server asking if I needed admins. All you have to do is say no.

Topsoldier said:
I don't have an issue with the server itself, they use a nice map and some admins are very nice and turned out better than i have thought. But similar to what happened with PW_East a few spoil the entire batch and give the server a bad name.

Especially when they're in charge of all the other apples and refuse to act on feedback.

Good news, we have been given permission to use the map Journey after the next bug fix hope fully within a week.  It is the super awesome map currently on the Aussie server. 

Stoked!

I have received a lot of feedback about not everyone being able to connect to our website.  I ordered new space and hope to have the new site live by the weekend.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Tried this out yesterday. I went around robbing people legally, and roleplaying it well. One of the first guys I robbed (Sir_something or other) simply responded with "hmmm", "hmmm", "hmmm" at least a dozen times. Then they claimed their gold was hidden somewhere and they'd have to go get it, I asked them to halt upon which they responded with more "hmmm", "hmmm", "hmmm". After about five minutes of this, they swung at me and I  turned my horse's  head out of the way and killed them. Afterwards, they began complaining that they "kind of know" the admins and claimed I kind of broke a rule. They said they were on a laptop and were unable to reveal their money pouch and they did not mean to swing at me. Hopefully nothing comes of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom