Minor patch - Backspace tactics menu

Users who are viewing this thread

Duh

Duke
Heya folks,

just a very minor patch to address the battle tactic menu issue. Things are working well in my game, but if you run into trouble please report. Should be savegame compatible, but backups wont hurt.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o8uz4zmtst7tnvm/xNho9JIMsR

Sorry for the long delay on this matter.

Gameplay Version
Just use the presentations, strings & quick_strings text files.

YAY!

Thanks, team. :smile:

Edit: It's pretty straightforward, but just in case anyone has trouble installing this, just unzip the package into your Floris 2.54 folder. For Steam users, it should be something like:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\mountblade warband\Modules\Floris Expanded Mod Pack 2.54

Thanks!

Question: Are there any files we don't need?

Seems like there are files unrelated to the dialog (troops.txt, itemkinds1, module.ini, etc.) I'm using a troops.txt modified with Morgh's Editor so I really don't want to overwrite it if it isn't needed.

Your troops file is safe.  I have kept my items kinds, troops, party templates, module, and scripts files.  I have been playing for a few hours and run into no issues yet  :grin:

Deis said:
Your troops file is safe.  I have kept my items kinds, troops, party templates, module, and scripts files.  I have been playing for a few hours and run into no issues yet  :grin:

Thanks, that's what I expected. I just didn't have time to test it.

Try out just the presentation file, it should be sufficient. I just wasnt entirely sure whether anybody else had made any minor changes to the source and decided to simply provide all text files.

I added the patch & it seems to be working. For awhile my bodyguards would sometimes not be in town or villages with me, but I haven't seen that anymore after playing awhile.

However, when i installed the mod I kept the original animations cause i don't like the new ones. The patch changed it back to the new animations.

How can i revert it back to original combat animations? Would copying the actions.txt from native into the floris module work?

Breyean said:
I added the patch & it seems to be working. For awhile my bodyguards would sometimes not be in town or villages with me, but I haven't seen that anymore after playing awhile.

However, when i installed the mod I kept the original animations cause i don't like the new ones. The patch changed it back to the new animations.

How can i revert it back to original combat animations? Would copying the actions.txt from native into the floris module work?
There is an easy way here done by Imemine

Breyean said:

I've had that happen before this patch so I don't think it is related. It happened to me after I won 3 tournaments in a row and my renown got bumped (20 for each torunament).

The way I fixed it was to export my character and change the skill (I forget the name) to 10, import and "save & exit". Then reload the game, set the skill back to the original level, "save & exit" and reload again.

Thanks for the hotfix guys :smile:

Breyean said:
The bodyguard not showing up happened before the patch, it's present in the basic Diplo mod actually.  It seems to happen after you save a village from bandits, you need to reload (or restart?) to get them to show up again.

Duh said:
Heya folks,

just a very minor patch to address the battle tactic menu issue. Things are working well in my game, but if you run into trouble please report. Should be savegame compatible, but backups wont hurt.

I just installed 2.54 yesterday. Everything seemed to be working. What exactly does this patch fix?

Richard1 said:
Duh said:
Heya folks,

I just installed 2.54 yesterday. Everything seemed to be working. What exactly does this patch fix?
The menu that appeared when going into tactical mode in batlle(backspace i think) and which would stay until you pressed esc and then return as said in first post.
Duh said:
just a very minor patch to address the battle tactic menu issue.

monlamar said:
Richard1 said:
Duh said:
Heya folks,

The menu that appeared when going into tactical mode in batlle(backspace i think) and which would stay until you pressed esc and then return as said in first post.
Duh said:
just a very minor patch to address the battle tactic menu issue.

" battle tactic menu issue."

Without any knowledge of what that means I have to say that is some very vague patch notes.

Is there any way to allow the player to use the Backspace menu whilst their Commander is knocked unconscious in the middle of the fight?

Back
Top Bottom