Empire: Total War

Users who are viewing this thread

Gregor Eisenhorn

Sorry to start another thread, but Empire: Total War was just announced. It will feature an entirely new engine, playable naval battles, and will take place in the 18th century. Personally I am interested, but probably won't get it unless they expand a lot on diplomacy and policy.

I can't wait ,here; have a few screenies of ingame naval battles aswell.
http://www.totalwar.com/index.html?page=/en/communityandforums/empire.html&nav=/en/6/8/
This should be awesome, maybe they are trying to cash in from Pirates of the Caribbean's sucess as it is set in the same period.

Archonsod said:
Hopefully CA will do a better job than Imperial Glory. About sodding time they moved onto gunpowder though.
Lets face it, Imperial Glory was a hilarious imitation of the TW series.
They didn't even put morale in, it was that bad :grin:.
Although there is gunpowder on M2TW, I agree; it's nice to see a change in the series.
Naval Battles have been a long time in coming but I think it shall be worth the wait.
All I need now is a new PC, my current one can barely handle M2TW at good graphics.

Was wondering when they would make the move :grin:, i'm hoping for advances in the diplomacy feature of the game too

Archonsod said:
Hopefully CA will do a better job than Imperial Glory. About sodding time they moved onto gunpowder though.
Yeah. A big fun-killer of IG was the lack of different units. There were nearly no melee troops (might be just the time period).
Just musketeer, better musketeer and some horsemen.

I'd rather see more fresh ideas.

Well, this just answered my prayers.

And, is that the colony-era American flag I see? Hooray, American Revolution!

Awesome, I'm looking forward this.

I believe one of the producers said that the reason they didn't make it in the Napoleonic era was because they didn't think that they would be able to make a functional Napoleonic battle with the available technology.

RTW had some very weird bugs, that made Singleplayer annoying for me. A better version with more than only Romans playable would be great.
(I do not see those 3 different units factions as playable.)

I will probably not buy E:TW, since it will not run on my PC, I'm afraid.

Highlander said:
RTW had some very weird bugs, that made Singleplayer annoying for me. A better version with more than only Romans playable would be great.

Uh all the bugs were fixed in 1.5 and ALL of the factions were playable.

What kind of computer will run it? I bought a new computer recently and I don't want to put more money in it so soon :smile: (It´s a Dual Core 2.8/ 2 gb de RAM/Geforce 8600 GT 512 mb btw)

An4Sh said:
Highlander said:

Uh all the bugs were fixed in 1.5 and ALL of the factions were playable.
Highlander said:

I completely lost interest, when I sieged Athen, ran out of stones for my siege engine and could not get though the walls. Inside the city, there was just one phalanx. I however retreated then... Now what's that? 9/10 of my units were dead, including my general. I fail to imagine how this one phalanx could have killed all my troops while retreating. It was version 1.5.

I meant that all the other factions were playable too.

I completely lost interest, when I sieged Athen, ran out of stones for my siege engine and could not get though the walls. Inside the city, there was just one phalanx. I however retreated then... Now what's that? 9/10 of my units were dead, including my general. I fail to imagine how this one phalanx could have killed all my troops while retreating. It was version 1.5.
Uhm... starvation?

You have to beat the imperial campaign on either length setting once to unlock the other nations for campaign mdoe. Plus there are lots of great mods.

And if at all possible use the withdraw button instead of the esc menu button.

Back
Top Bottom