battlefield AI

Users who are viewing this thread

i've been playing for a few months now and love it, it's a damb good game, with alot of damb good mods.

but...

no matter which mod i play or my preferred tactics during battle, the battle always bogs down to
1. advance or hold.
2. win or loose.
3. spawn kill or be spawn killed.
4. repete till world is mine.

sieges are even worse...

are there any mods out there that drastically improve the AI's battlefield tactics? i know Floris and PoP have some ai tactic, but it still bogs down to those 4 steps.

if not, think we can ask the M&B guys to make some in a patch?

i got it, but other than insanely strong troops its the same tactics floris uses, i like how they form ranks and keep the archers back, it still bogs down to 3 stages.

Learn how to use other tactics.
I know, it is easy to spawnkill peasants with swadian knights, all you need is "everyone, charge!". But when enemy has overwhelming amount of troops I don't want just to be rolled by his cavalry.

1. Sometimes it is better to dismount when fighting in mountains.
2. Making a bunch of light cavalry follow you can help you deal with enemy archers fast enough.
3. When dealing with a ecent amount of archers it is better to spread your army. It will lower hit rate.
4. Tightening your rhodok veteran spearmen formation will let them stop every horseman that dare to attack them. They won't be pierced by the heaviest horse.
5. Use battlefield features. Place your archers on top of that hill. Infantry should protect them and be several feet down. I like to place cavalry far from my footmen - advanced to enemy and to the right/left. When enemy begin to rush towards me, his forces usually stretch in a thin line and it is the best time to attack with cavalry from the side.

You could try to set yourself some parameters.  Like, play a game as strictly Rhodoks, and use a combination of spears and crossbows.  Just as an example, there are many many parameters possible.

I've seen AI use tactics before. Once, I was cavalry-rushing the Swadians...BIG mistake. They let fly their crossbows at my rush. My horse, along with 3-4 other soldiers were either de-horsed or wounded. We shortly crushed them afterward.

Back
Top Bottom