US_GK_Siege Server

Users who are viewing this thread

Just thought I'd mention for the record... we did switch back over to the old box, since that seems to work better for now. Thanks for all the feedback -- otherwise we might not have caught this issue in time.

I didn't realize it was standard admin protocol to say "OI DUMB**** I ANSWERED YOUR ****ING QUESTION" in server chat.

Dave, get off the roids, or do something about the admins you seem to have dumbing down the place. Thanks.

annnnnnnndddd... BANNED!! Keep up the good work.

Posted in wrong place.

RoBo_CoP said:
I didn't realize it was standard admin protocol to say "OI ***** I ANSWERED YOUR ******** QUESTION" in server chat.

It isn't  :eek:

EDIT: if you were banned, what name were you using? no Robocop is on the ban list atm

Vendigr said:

Well apparently it is.

Edit: Now unbanned, must have been a temp. Either way, I'm not going to accept such behavior. I'm also sure if you guys are serious about your running of the server, that you wouldn't want this type of person doing this. I would suggest keeping an eye out. Especially after the flame wars that have been started on these forums over the maturity of GK admins, then stupid **** like this happens.  :roll:

WilySly said:
I've unfortunately got the same problem as Pilgrim. My ping on GK siege is 115-120, and I'm also in San Diego. Used to be 80-90.

strange... might have something to do with server moving from NJ to NY, but by the time we were running it at 80 slots we were already on this box. We'd run it at 200 slots if we thought we could, but it seems like 90 is the highest WB can go without starting to have some serious lag/ping issues (or at least it has in my experience). Even still, sounds like some people are still having some issues. When the server gets maxed out, my ping goes up by 5-6  but its not really noticeable... maybe if you're over a certain threshold (like the 80-90 range) that ping increase becomes more significant. I'm assuming you guys aren't having issues when the server isn't maxed, though?

RoBo_CoP said:
Vendigr said:

Well apparently it is.

Admins are expected to take their responsibilities very seriously. Violating of any of the following policies may result in immediate removal of admin.

1. Use server chat for administrative purposes only. Keep your messages brief and direct. Remember that you are directly representing the server. Do not use anonymous server chat unnecessarily.

2. Never use admin tools in or near combat, or for any purpose other than necessary admin actions.

3. Never use admin tools to react to personally directed comments, unless you would if it were said to anyone else. Always warn players before kicking them for a chat-related offense.

4. Never change server settings without explicit permission from a chief admin.

5. Never change a map without explicit permission from a chief admin, unless "game-breaking" bugs exist and are being exploited.

Names or date/time of day would be appreciated

1/5 1:00am-2:00am EST

Admin chat doesn't display a name, and I couldn't spot any GK's not under alias, other than Vinny.

Just because someone agrees to that code, doesn't mean they are going to abide by it.

Found it in the logs.

Definitely a serious violation of our admin policies, although I will say it was also pretty out-of-character for the admin in question. But your complaint is completely valid, it will be dealt with by chief admins.

Either way, I'm not going to accept such behavior. I'm also sure if you guys are serious about your running of the server, that you wouldn't want this type of person doing this.

This is exactly how I feel about it. That's why there is an admin code of conduct in place, which our admins have to agree to abide by. Of course people don't always do what they say they will, which is why we've had to revoke admin rights from many individuals over the years. We can't always see it first hand, so often we rely on "reports" like this, and greatly appreciate getting them... but disparaging comments aren't required, just get in the way in anything

TogglesTheCat said:
gk bundle mod mirrored
http://tinyurl.com/gkbundle

gk-milguard-TogglesTheCat

Thanks for covering Toggles. I think the original link has been fixed now and should be working, but its good that we have a mirror now, I dunno why we never have before.

Also, we're testing out a sound and texture "overhaul" pack that we're going to release as an additional option for the GK bundle. It makes use of the piles of OSP content that WB modders have come up with over the years, and some of it way beyond the native art resources in terms of detail and professionalism.... If anyone wants to help contribute or give feedback you can test it out here: http://www.leagueofrevolution.com/showthread.php?tid=1277

Just to clarify this is not replacing the GK bundle, just an extra optional add-on, so dont worry if you cant run it or dont like it :razz:

GK siege is happy to announce the release of NeoGK!!!

NeoGK opens an entire array of features that may be implemented in our maps,  from catapults to ballistas to boiling oil.  New Sfx,  new weapons and armor,  and MORE! 

In order to take full advantage of this release,  please download the mod from the following link:

http://mountandblade.nexusmods.com/mods/3829/

Alternate download location:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5uaqluxxp88djfq

Gonna make a quick post explaining how to use some of the features, since its a little complicated:

Ballista:
  • RIGHT Shift + arrow keys while standing nearby to take control of the ballista.
  • Tap F to load the projectile. You can't interact with it while it's loading
  • Arrow keys aim the ballista, press B to toggle between large/small increments of rotation
  • Hit F again to fire it. Ballista shot can potentially go through multiple people. Also effective vs. other siege equipment, doors, and boats.
  • Press V to see approximately where the bolt will be going.
  • Press N to load or fire the Ballista while standing next to it, without looking directly at it (helps with aiming)

Catapult:
  • RIGHT Shift + arrow keys while standing ON or VERY CLOSE to the catapult to take control of it.
  • While standing on the catapult (or very close) you can move it with the arrow keys.
  • Left right will rotate it, Left or right + Up arrow key will rotate quickly. You can't move it while it's loaded, though.
  • Press F while looking at the catapult to reload -- the longer you hold it down, the further you will shoot. Can't load with people standing on it.
  • Hit the winch in the back with your weapon to fire it. Careful not to damage the catapult by hitting it directly.
  • Some walls are vulnerable to catapult fire,  but so far not very many... we will be editing our maps to include more destructible environments over time.

Boats:
  • Stand next to the rudder and hit RIGHT shift + arrow keys to take control of the boat.
  • Arrow keys will move the boat, but be careful where you take it -- currently they will not respawn until they are sunk.
  • RIGHT shift + F, while the boat is stopped, will deploy a "boarding ramp" in the direction you're facing.

Other:
  • 6-0 keys are now associated with new taunts/voice FX, and holding F while pressing any of them will do an alternate sound.
  • More will be added as I remember the rest of the features :razz:

Also updating the OP with links

crouch: weapon mode toggle(X) without a javerin & throw axe  Crouch can avoid middle attack during an instant.
Could you explain how this works?
skeleton: The skeleton fly slowly, he approach to the person and when he laughed, the person will deprived health. Should slay him soon by missiles, even he comes for draw in your health.
Undead in Warband? Where do we find this guy? And how do you kill a skeleton with piercing projectiles? In most games with skeletons they have high pierce resist or evasion.  :lol:

To keep your mouths watering about NeoGK and the future of GK siege,  I am happy to announce the following upcoming additions to the code:

1. boiling water bucket (instant death effect,  the same as with the old burning bucket)
2. stone bucket (The same as with the old one, but few points might changed)
3. battering ram
4. trebuchet
5. A very interesting element, but it's still a secret  :wink:

Very interesting! All of the things we were hoping to be in Bannerlord are already here :grin:. I downloaded the mod and played on siege and am very impressed. Siege feels a lot more like siege now, and for some reason, with the mod, my gameplay is a lot smoother in there. Hopefully this will attract many of the old players back to siege and...like...push out the tking noobs :smile:.

Back
Top Bottom