US_GK_Siege Server

Users who are viewing this thread

I can't take the bundle seriously unless stone become available to every class of every faction....

In a way, I'm more excited about the ships than anything. NW showed us siege weapons are possible. However, I remember reading threads on there that says ships are pretty much out of the question.

Don't want to sound negative, but I'll hold my excitement until I see it. I wouldn't mind just boats like in NW of course, but ships!?!?!?!  :shock:

Kawee said:
I can't take the bundle seriously unless stone become available to every class of every faction....
.....a possible idea :eek:

Kawee said:
In a way, I'm more excited about the ships than anything. NW showed us siege weapons are possible. However, I remember reading threads on there that says ships are pretty much out of the question.
I remember seeing that too, however the thread I'm thinking of was a post by vince people kept linking to, which explained how destructible ships with cannons were impossible. Each moving prop puts stress on the server like a player would... in NW each cannon is made up by a bunch of props linked together, and every piece of destructible scenery has to be its own prop. For actually making ships work in the game, we're gonna be using one single prop (instead of hundreds) that's already a full ship.

Kawee said:
Don't want to sound negative, but I'll hold my excitement until I see it.

Always a good idea, we're still working out the kinks and aren't sure we're gonna be getting this right on the first try either. But it is what we're working on :smile:

PS.@ Everyone: We're getting closer to billing time and are still a ways back on our goal for 12/20, eight days from now. If you like what we do, and want to see us around in the future, consider donating -- we need your support.

Kawee said:

Don't want to sound negative, but I'll hold my excitement until I see it. I wouldn't mind just boats like in NW of course, but ships!?!?!?!  :shock:

They are already done.  They just need to be ported into our code.  I tested them myself and I can tell you they are awesome.  They even have boarding planks you can lower from the sides to board other ships.  And when you sink an enemy ship they slowly sink to the bottom of the ocean. 

GUYS WE NEED DONATIONS PLEASE TO KEEP THE SERVER RUNNING,  DEADLINE FOR THE BILL IS COMING FAST!! 

Once we meet our goal you won't hear us panhandling for another 3-6 months :smile:

GK_JaXm said:
Dave... Vendigr... I love you

I would help yall out, but I have my own server to keep running, maybe after the holidays though =]

It's all good,  but the people who regularly play on our server are gonna be in for a shock when it goes offline... I can't give another penny at this point,  I am in school and I had to take my nephew in since he fell out with his dad and the added expense is being felt.  I also donated a LOT of money in the past to the GK siege.

Deaf Blind Dave said:
GK_JaXm said:
Dave... Vendigr... I love you

I would help yall out, but I have my own server to keep running, maybe after the holidays though =]

It's all good,  but the people who regularly play on our server are gonna be in for a shock when it goes offline... I can't give another penny at this point,  I am in school and I had to take my nephew in since he fell out with his dad and the added expense is being felt.  I also donated a LOT of money in the past to the GK siege.

I'm in a similar situation. If we can get a few more donations in I might be able to cover for the remainder of the bill, but I'm really hoping we're able to meet our goal. We get a lot of traffic every day, and if even a small portion of it gave a small donation, we'd be all set. Dave and I individually have already put hundreds (possibly more) into the server... which is probably why we have no money now :sad:

@Jaxm: You probably have also put a fair amount towards GK siege over the years :razz:
Anything helps of course, hope to see you on siege more often

Perhaps you need to make it clear on the server of your situation? Maybe that'll help bring in a few donations.

GK_JaXm said:
How much more do you need and when is it needed?

We're listing it at the top and bottom of the OP, I'm gonna be updating it as often as I can.

I am very pleased to say though that we have started receiving a few donations so far  :smile:

per month about $72, but we get billed every quarter for $216. We've already got about half of what we need by the end of this quarter... but we've only got a week to raise another 100  :???:

I wouldnt worry about it too much. I went online earlier and advertised you guys and most of the people seemed like they would donate, so hopefully they pull through

Probably a good idea.. we have some server messages talking about donations but those are less noticeable.

Scyrius said:
I wouldnt worry about it too much. I went online earlier and advertised you guys and most of the people seemed like they would donate, so hopefully they pull through

Thanks for mentioning it, I saw a few people say they'd be willing to donate, hopefully some of them actually do :razz:

We have gotten a couple donations (updated on the OP goal) but we're still really hoping  to raise enough by the 20th.

PS. Added some videos to the OP + some new about NSPE stuff.

Yeah with 6 more days hopefully some more people donate. I put another 15 in so that would just leave about 10 dollars a day to meet your guys goal.

Scyrius said:
Yeah with 6 more days hopefully some more people donate. I put another 15 in so that would just leave about 10 dollars a day to meet your guys goal.

Excellent... OP has been updated, thanks for all your help (and everyone else who's contributed :grin:).  Getting much closer to the goal, now we'll only need a few more people to meet it.

Thanks for reminding people -- I've been putting off PBS fun drive mode for as long as I can, but I will be asking around pretty soon because the deadline is in 3 days  :sad:

Back
Top Bottom