Native Completed Battle Innovation Tournament [BIT] - SURVEY RESULTS. PAGE 53

Users who are viewing this thread

Wait so is this tonight or tomorrow night? Eternal posted Saturday at 9:00 EST, but the thread just says 9:00 EST, implying tonight. Blacktide also said it's not Saturday. I'm home earlier than I had expected tonight so I can commentate if it is indeed tonight and if Clockwise requires my voice.

Edit: looks like it is tonight. woo

Really intense match guys, it certainly woke me up. I wouldn't have been able to do so well on Vendetta without that ping, good show for Balion having a nice server.

Absolutely great match. Very, very intense.

We did not expect to win this tournament, coming into it. Especially with our questionable start before the elimination matches. Just goes to show that love conquers all.

Rurin said:
Absolutely great match. Very, very intense.

We did not expect to win this tournament, coming into it. Especially with our questionable start before the elimination matches. Just goes to show that love conquers all.

The love of clocks?

Rankings:

1st Place:
The Midnight Watchmen [TMW]

tmw.png

2nd Place:
Balions

balions.png

3rd Place:
Random Assortment of Fine Fellows
[size=18pt]Canucks

Thanks and Appreciations To:

1) KissMyAxe. If something worked smoothly, you can thank him. He's the undercover guy that actually did all of the work and I just showed up and took the credit. He's responsible for a lot of administrator decisions, the entire map pack, harassing server administrators, huge background work, censoring Eternal's temper and helping with the ruleset. Massive thanks to him, this tournament would not have been the success it was were it not for him.

2) Fehnor. Absolute thanks for his streaming and commentating, as well as for being a tournament administrator. Invaluable advice during the tournament and amazing commitment towards making the tournament work.

3) Tavi. Great tournament administrator and pretty much single-handedly came up with the draft for the tournament rules. I took his ideas, superimposed them on Marnid's ruleset, threw in my own ideas and sought Kiss's advice to get what we have today.

4) Marnid. His innovation in NASTe largely inspired me to create BIT and challenge the current competitive system to aspire to make a better one. His advice and warnings during the beginning of the tournament were listened to, understood, and integrated. He is also responsible for the foundation off which BIT's ruleset was based.

5) Zero. His advice to "**** 'em and keep going" during the beginning of the tournament allowed this to happen and stopped me from going "**** it, I give up." Thank you, thank you, thank you.

6) Every tournament organizer, whether successful or not, before me. Your dedication to the NA community keeps it going.

7) Maynd. His optimism and artistic talent are phenomenal. The banners above are his doing and his alone.

8 ) Each clan that tested PIMP and the BIT rules.

9) Every team, every team captain, and every team member. The Battle Innovation Tournament was meant to be that - an innovation tournament. New rules, new systems, new ideas. Without testing done by every one of you, we wouldn't have any sort of data on which to determine whether the ideas laid down in this tournament work or not. Furthermore, on a broader idea, thank you for keeping the community active. Let's face it - this game is old. It's only through an active and continuously innovating playerbase that it keeps growing and succeeding.

Congratulations TMW. Your victory has me in tears.

As promised, the survey is being constructed now and will be sent out to team captains by the end of the day. Please respond in PM by next Saturday. If you have anything you'd like to add and you happen to not be a team captain or tournament admin, please send in your feedback. You won't be tallied up in the "objective" vote counts, but your ideas will be implemented in the summary post and mentioned for everyone to read.

Thank you, gentlemen.

edit: Go ahead and call out whoever wants to run the next tournament and discuss it. Please do not discuss specific rulesets, as I seriously, seriously hope you read the summary post before you do that. I'm not going to type up a massive essay for no reason.

Back
Top Bottom