Download link and discussion *PF_1.0 download link here*

Users who are viewing this thread

Freighttrain4 said:
Are the ideal number of players for one server gonna be similar to PW?

Probably, we'll really have to see how it all works in game.

Medlico said:
Not too sure if this has been asked already, but do cartridges need to be crafted? If so, how would players get the materials. Could I suggest that the more expensive and luxurious items come from Europe or somewhere else and have to be bought at a high price at a trading post, or at a dockyard?

Not too sure aboot that. If they are going to be crafted then it would probably be an iron ore. And suggestion is noted thank you.

Freighttrain4 said:
I know this must be an annoying question but when will we see the first release of a playable module?

:wink:

I've been looking for mods like PW and this one interest's me but my only question is when will it come out? Because it just seems epic to the point of destroying the world.

Legion1309 said:
I've been looking for mods like PW and this one interest's me but my only question is when will it come out? Because it just seems epic to the point of destroying the world.

(Anytime someone asks I'm just going to wink.)

QWW said:
Legion1309 said:

(Anytime someone asks I'm just going to wink.)
you sir may kill me from excitement.  :cry:

pitchfork2_3d.gif
<------- That's the symbol of release date releated questions. BEWARE!  :grin:

So do you think my little lenvo by the time this comes out with Napoleon total war,Sims 3, Minecraft, and tekkit would be able to handle this (on PW i slightly lag)

Legion1309 said:
So do you think my little lenvo by the time this comes out with Napoleon total war,Sims 3, Minecraft, and tekkit would be able to handle this (on PW i slightly lag)

You will probably lag aboot the same or a little less. The map is going to be a lot bigger and much more luscious though.

QWW said:
Legion1309 said:

You will probably lag aboot the same or a little more. The map is going to be a lot bigger and much more luscious.

Not completely.

Our map is not going to have any animals greatly reducing FPS loss as animals are the one of the top contributors of lag.

Secondly, believe it or not, but having a few variety of props in a scene and having them spammed everywhere causes LESS fps loss than a large variety of props, but less of them.

The reason few variety of props, but more quantity of them causes less lag is because of instancing. I do not really understand thoroughly what Instancing is, but from my knowledge, and some tests done by our team, if you have the same prop spammed everywhere, it will cause less lag than if you had a lot of different props that were not spammed as much. Warband is good at rendering the same prop over and over in a scene, but not too good at rendering a lot of different props. Our map will only have 3 different trees, than Persistent Worlds 10+ trees. Our trees also use less triangles than PW trees.

That said, the map is not complete yet and there is no way of knowing how much the scene does lag the average computer until we test it.

P.S.:

To the 9 people who voted that the rule set needs to be overhauled, I look forward to some of you explaining your thoughts and suggestions. The poll was created to not only figure out where people stand with the ruleset, but for people to share ideas / suggestions and their concerns.

Alright and a slight other question,will there be a form of protection from spawn killing? i remember the first PW server i ever got onto with some friend a random noob rode up this his horse,killed me and ran away and waited for me to re spawn and killed me. But yeah then i'll have to uninstall Napoleon.

Legion1309 said:
Alright and a slight other question,will there be a form of protection from spawn killing? i remember the first PW server i ever got onto with some friend a random noob rode up this his horse,killed me and ran away and waited for me to re spawn and killed me. But yeah then i'll have to uninstall Napoleon.

Other then killing him back an admin would have to step in.

Legion1309 said:

Immigrants will not spawn with any weapons, no faction will have any weapons upon spawning. So, there will be no Hatchet wars between noobs. Also, if someone is mass Rdming, an admin should take care of it.

I mean, I just dont think arty would work in this type of game. Its now about the coding and such, its the way the game plays. I imagine fights to be around 10v10 players at the max and arty would ruin it.

As many times stated on the PW board, a (fairly) complicated ruleset like this one tends to remove alot of tension and excitement from the game, making it plain boring. I predict with the current set of rules the server will become one big whine-fest.

I think it'd work out alot better if you simpled the list down to a couple (very few actually) of simple, easy to follow rules such as ''no spawnkilling''. This turned out great in e.g. Legolan's Feudal RP server which had only 1 rule IIRC. This will remove the need of an administrator to be online all the time, which just happens to be the downfall of most PW servers.

Ofcourse I also understand you would not like to have a ruleset which comes with the risk of the server becoming a complete anarchy depending on the playerbase on the first PF server, but I'd say it's definetly worth a try.

Back
Top Bottom