SP Native [WB] Swadian Interregnum 1387 [WIP] (3 Mirrors)

Should the year be changed from 1387?

• Yes, move it to 1357.

Votes: 146 41.1%
  • No, 1387 is good.

Votes: 190 53.5%
  • Yes, but not 1357. (please reply with suggested year)

Votes: 19 5.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, I can make the base design, but I can't find a good way of applying it to the template. Although I might try fiddling with the transparency to allow the shading to become an overlay.

I generally use transparency to get that affect. Or I'll just take the template itself and recolor it. I'm not sure if paint.net lets you do that. You could always try GIMP, it's free and pretty easy to use.

Managed to get it working properly by doing some overwrite blending. Also sent you an early WIP via PM. I've managed to get my friend to give it a shot as well, he's pretty good at this sort of thing.

Got it and replied :smile:

Good work, looks good on the shield as well. the center emblem would only be covered on that one specific shield anyways, the others should be fine. Not to mention that shield won't get much use in the mod as it's more of a 13th century shield than 14th century. Increased armor would allow soldiers to shrink their shields down.  :smile:

Just posting updates to show that this is not a dead end mod and that work is being done daily :smile:

I've devised some ways to use up the otherwise useless bridge map icons. Now there are watch towers, and varying small farms dotting the map. No interraction is available with the places, purely for aesthetics and to make it seem like there is more to the world.

Keep in mind they look large compared to the player because the player icons have been made smaller and the villages, castles, towns etc larger to account for the magnification of the landscape. (player will likely be made a tad larger than present)

32357_10100642464972095_1792016331_n.jpg

30954_10100642464912215_1105409133_n.jpg

Hey, that's actually a good idea. That's mostly a precedent as far as Warband mods are concerned, and it really adds to the atmosphere.

I have a suggestion- I believe the Floris mod team created a script in which garrisons of castles sally out to attack hostiles. Since the mod is entirely OSP (I think?), you could also use that script to make it so cities can be interacted with more. For example, if you're a scriptor, you can make it so that the local town watch will help people who are attacked by bandits in the vicinity of the town.

I have to say, it would be fairly interesting to have manhunter/town watch owned towers/settlements/etc, maybe giving them a market too, to allow for some small-scale commerce, or emergency food stops.

I'm not the world's greatest scriptor unfortunately. The extent of most of my ability lies in modelling, texturing, and the more visual elements. I've dabbled with the module system though, with some success.

I do agree that having non-faction/non-bandit related parties roaming the map would be a great addition. I've also seen on some mods where they were able to change the map icons of parties to show maybe 2-3 individuals walking in a group. I think this would be cool as well so I'll likely look into it.

One question to anyone reading,

I've got the watch towers and the small farms implemented as "map decorations" but there is a 3rd item that I can create. I was thinking of maybe a windmill or something like that, or maybe some ruins? Let me know if anyone has a better idea.

I can only do so much work on the mod while at the office, but here's something.
A banner for one of the major Lords.

A combination of Haringoth and Harlaus.

This will be the banner of the new count of Haringoth, and due to his relationship to the late Harlaus family he thinks himself the rightful ruler. (jpg format so thats why its a bit blurry)

29558_10100643021626555_1342824728_n.jpg

thick1988 said:
Great job! If it's okay for me to use this let me know. Also if you want to name the lord that uses it feel free to do so.

Feel free to use that, and anything like that that I post in the future. How does Count John Melchett sound? (A cookie for anyone who gets the reference.)

bpopa27 said:
Will these do? i made them late in the night , hope they're decent enough 4 you

VXSr4.png
cu9E2.png
yr30R.png

The third one is excellent indeed!

Back
Top Bottom