The Witch's House

Users who are viewing this thread

It would seem we don't have a topic for this game yet. I'm going to my friends house (which, ironically, is on the other side of a dark forest) to play this in a couple of hours, so I decided to start a thread for it.

Basically, it's a free to download puzzle-oriented horror game, kind of GBA style. Somewhat similar to Corpse Party, among others.
You play as a young girl, Viola, who gets lost in the woods on her way to a friends house and she becomes trapped in a dangerous house in the forest. Can you get her home alive?

Download/homepage.

I told my thralls to play, but I stopped playing it because it didn't involve logic of any sort. Honestly, giving bloody cut-off teddy-bear limbs to an invisible ghost-cook just so he wouldn't chop my hand off? It was silly. I prefer my adventure games to make a little more sense. And preferably be point and click.

There are a few out there. One off hand is, Shadow of the Comet. I think it now known as  Call of Cthulhu - Shadow of the Comet.

So we finished the game. It was pretty disturbing at some points, and actually quite fun at others. Puzzles seemed to advance in difficulty as you got to the upper levels of the building, but none of them were actually too hard. Game must have more than one endings, because we never managed to open the desk in the witch's office. For a free game, it wasn't all too bad.

Argeus the Paladin said:
Is this one of those games where half the fun is finding out all the ways your girl can die horribly?
Yes.

Pharaoh Llandy said:
I told my thralls to play, but I stopped playing it because it didn't involve logic of any sort. Honestly, giving bloody cut-off teddy-bear limbs to an invisible ghost-cook just so he wouldn't chop my hand off? It was silly. I prefer my adventure games to make a little more sense. And preferably be point and click.
I see what you mean. Knowing the nature of the game (everything kills you) though, it would only be logical to give the teddy bear hands that were simply lying on the floor to the suspicious man with a sharp and pointy object, no?

Untitled. said:
I see what you mean. Knowing the nature of the game (everything kills you) though, it would only be logical to give the teddy bear hands that were simply lying on the floor to the suspicious man with a sharp and pointy object, no?

Actually, no. The first time I entered the dining room I went straight through into the kitchen, at which point I had no bear-hands. After reloading, I went from the dining room back into the hallway, and then back into the scissors room, where bear hands promptly dropped onto the floor.

That's strange. The bear hands were on the floor in the scissors room all the time for me. :???:

Also; Does anyone know why the Ella replaces the words kill/devour with X in her diaries?

Finished it, with true ending.
Got stumped a couple times, but I'm glad I used the walkthrough at those points to save some time.

Writing diaries is an interesting pass-time for such a situation.

Back
Top Bottom