Dinosaur Island ( Kickstarter)

Users who are viewing this thread

Dinosaur Island is a simulator. You get an island. You put plants on your island. Then you need dinosaurs who will eat those plants. But those dinosaurs will eat all the plants. What do? Carnivores who eat herbivores. And thus you become god who tries to balance everything.

You can also tag dinosaurs, name them. And, take control of them. You can photograph them, pretty much do whatever. But you wont have a physical body. Its a god game.

Atm there is not a digital reward tier, but I just wrote to the guy behind the game, and this was his response
Ezra Sidran said:
We hope to partner with Steam but we haven't sorted that out yet.
Also, we'll be using XBOX live distribute the XBOX version.
Why do you prefer digital distribution over receiving a physical disc with manual?

****. Some **** is stealing some of my ideas.  :cry:

EDIT: I'll be nice. This is slightly different from the idea I had, but it looks... interesting. Animations and such aren't the best, so I hope those could be improved but I think that they will do a decent job of it.

Seems like I`m in  ciscussion with the developer now about digital distribution.

He says he has had some problems with steam, he especially dislikes how some games use it for  'authentication', like Total War games, which cant be played without internet access and he mentions some other problems.

But he says they are trying to catch up and work something out with steam.

Aw. When I saw the name I immediately thought of an action adventure survival type kind of game. Kinda like Trespasser, only not utterly ridiculous and broken.

Well,  after talking to the developer some more, they are not going to drop the game even if this kickstarter project is unsuccessful. He told me that they were too naive, and atm are looking into advertising and will definitely be back again. And next time with a longer fundng period. Seems like Kickstarter likes the 30 day period, and was quite adamant about it, developer said that next time, 6 months would be nicer :grin:.

He also asked if I could spread the word, but this is the only forum I ever go to. :sad:

Nahkuri said:
Aw. When I saw the name I immediately thought of an action adventure survival type kind of game. Kinda like Trespasser, only not utterly ridiculous and broken.

That's my idea.  :mad:

And it's what I thought of too when I heard the name.  :lol:

Not yet. I don't feel I know enough to do some of the things I've planned. But man, had this idea in my head for at least 5 years. And it's all in my head, though it won't be difficult to flesh it out. :lol:

Also, I'm too lazy to do anything when I'm not in Uni. I seem to lose the urge to work on anything at home, besides musical compositions.  :oops:

It'll have a soundtrack?!  :lol:

But nah, that'll come after I get parts of the game. I'd rather make music to fit the game, rather than a game to fit the music.  :razz:

Sartek said:
Seems like Kickstarter likes the 30 day period, and was quite adamant about it, developer said that next time, 6 months would be nicer :grin:.

Nothing is stopping them from making a website for that purpose. A few games have just had their game in alphas and let people pay to play which works out pretty good (ie MnB).

Rigadoon said:
Hmm, doesn't seem like a game that would be worth $50. It does seem pretty interesting though.

Didn't even realize the price since I only skimmed through it before realizing I didn't really care. Most kickstarter games range from $15-$30 base price and then add on more things after that. At $50 you could probably get a lot of better games that are already out (even more if you budget for the steam holiday sale).

Back
Top Bottom