Taleworlders' Top Tips and Wonderful Words of Wisdom

Users who are viewing this thread

kurczak said:
Yeah, some people never get to feel the rush, but that doesn't matter. There is really no reason not to exercise and plenty of reasons to do so. Besides obvious health and aesthetics benefits, there are also psychological ones - sense of accomplishment, progress, self-discipline and expanding your ability to withhold gratification and endure discomfort in order to achieve long term goals, which are way more important than some endorphine high. I would say it's actually the most important of all benefits of (regular) exercise.
Eh, I'd say that's highly situational. Eg, being forced (as a gen-ed requirement) to swim laps actually affected my mood and energy level poorly for the rest of those days, in which had at least 3 legitimate classes to attend.

So is wrestling psychotic junkies with stolen scalpels. And all the gaming and Netflix binging I get to do inbetween at work.

I prefer hiking and Systema. Not that I get much practice in the latter since they outlawed teaching classes of it for some ****ing reason.

I've seen those but I can't afford the 80-120 bucks I see them go for. :sad:

Not when I'll inevitably lose them. I have to buy cheap gloves and shades, because they will disappear within a couple months. :lol:

A US based one. Mine at least gave me a few things, and I also got tax exemptions for buying rest of my gear.

Gotta love taking down the crazies.

Oh the drunks that think they can take you down, are always hilarious. Especially when they can't see the baton on your belt.

EDIT: I've had my kevlar gloves for almost over a year. They are AMAZING.

I don't really think I've mentioned it on the forum.  :lol:

I've been doing that and teaching dance, to help pay for university.

Mage246 said:
If I want to bore myself for extended periods in order to achieve long-term goals, that's what going to work is for. :razz:

I wouldn't know. I've enjoyed all my jobs so far :razz:

that's what she said

MadocComadrin said:
Eh, I'd say that's highly situational. Eg, being forced (as a gen-ed requirement) to swim laps actually affected my mood and energy level poorly for the rest of those days, in which had at least 3 legitimate classes to attend.

Uhm, anything can be done wrong or in excess. That's no argument against proper use.

No, don't tell people that exercise is fun and always gives you a high and anyone who thinks otherwise is a fat loser.

Today's tip

Pharaohs, whilst renowned for their wisdom and insight and their excellent taste in music and food and other pertinent life-things, also have a reputation for being short-tempered and frequently vengeful. When encountering Pharaohs it is wise to keep this in mind, and one should never, ever spam up a Pharaoh's thread with stupid arguments about the potential benefits and enjoyability of exercise.

It's okay, I don't think either of us really intended to do so. :razz:

Is it true that Pharaohs are afraid of fire, or at least just open flames in their proximity?

It's vampires who are afraid of fire. Vampires and trolls. Pharaohs actually enjoy fire. They like nothing more than immolating themselves in front of the unwashed masses as a sign of their power and immortality.

Back
Top Bottom