FSE : Battle Cry of Freedom

Users who are viewing this thread

Don't care much for the overall majority of the community nor for the team, but I for one would like to see this game published. Curious to see whether FSE can back up its claims of effortlessly having a minimum of 500 players populate a single server without any significant lag. Personal grievances aside, the idea still sounds as exciting as it did one year ago.

The network engine will indeed help to make or brake this game.

As for failure I think everyone has different standards by which they will measure failure and success while I am certain some people would prefer to see failure while others won't or don't care.

Marketing still hasn't taken place yet and will only take place once the the alpha is ready and presentable for video footage. So far most of these current contributions are most likely from current forum members or the NW community.

The project itself is not dependent on donations, but the donations help to splash out on content. Being witness to some of the transactions that go on behind the scenes I can safely say FSE hasn't had to cut any major corners yet afaik but then I am only there part of the time. I just hope there's no major hiccups down the track.

About a year ago work was still in progress on the network engine and content creation which was a bottleneck at the time and since then work has steadily moved to entail content implementation and I am guessing coding of gameplay mechanics for the alpha version of the game. It was nice for donators to actually get to see some video footage of the first steps in this.

There have been delays however, no doubt about it, but if every project that faced delays was a failure then you could probably scrap half the games out there.

As for kickstarter, it has been mentioned that its a hassle and internally there is no urgent need for funding so its not currently needed.

devblog22.jpg

...Developer Blog #22 - In-game Teaser:...
http://www.fsegames.eu/devblog22.html​

Screens:
dev22.png

dev22_2.png

dev22_1.jpg

dev22_3.jpg

dev22_4.jpg

ciauz^^,
Jab

we’ve also been working on an advanced bullet trajectory mechanic. At the moment, the bullet trajectory takes several variables into account such as wind strength, wind direction, temperature, humidity and others. Trees, bushes flags, tents and other objects will waver reflecting the wind’s strength and direction. The weather itself will be dynamic and can change during gameplay, adding to the ambience and immersion!
...This two are interesting new features...

ciauz^^,
Jab

As much as I generally dislike the NW community and developers, this has piqued my interest. But, as Einzige said, if the community is anything like NW's current community, it's going to get driven into the ground within a week. I miss MM_Prussia, when the community was cool.

Vieira said:
CluelessWill said:
Vieira said:
Wow. The characters look fugly. Really ruins the feel of the environment.
Remember, it's still in a very early alpha. There is still much to come.

True. It just looks like there was so much more effort put into the environment. The characters just look so half-arsed.
Note they are all the same. They're place-holders.

Anyway, the NW community is terrible and since it'll be them that found the community of FSE and inevitably shape new members. Thus I have little interest, as interesting as the game sounds. I also have a prejudice against a few members of the FSE team, but I won't get into that.

Docm30 said:
I doubt the character models are place-holders; they're the ones they've had entire developer blogs about.
I haven't been following the dev blog so I wouldn't know for certain. If they're real I think they should take note that they were mistaken for placeholders. That's not usually a good sign...

Docm30 said:
I doubt the character models are place-holders; they're the ones they've had entire developer blogs about.
Models maybe, shaders no. They are yet to implement their own shaders and in those pictures the default Unity ones are used (which, as you can see, look pretty ganky :razz:).

Alright, question here, what the hell did the guys over at FSE do to get everyone here so pissed off? A decent of the stuff I've read in this thread is hoping that the game will crash and burn. Y'all realize you're talking basically about the livelyhood of these guys, right?

They've got a long history of being scum, and at the same time they're a personification for me of everyone that's gone wrong with Taleworlds.

Also, I never liked the 22nd before Musket Madness even had a name, so that doesn't help.

JabdiMelborn said:
devblog22.jpg

...Developer Blog #22 - In-game Teaser:...
http://www.fsegames.eu/devblog22.html​

Screens:
dev22.png

dev22_2.png

dev22_1.jpg

dev22_3.jpg

dev22_4.jpg

ciauz^^,
Jab
This game looks really nice compared to warband  :grin: Good luck!

McEwanMaster77 said:
Models maybe, shaders no. They are yet to implement their own shaders and in those pictures the default Unity ones are used (which, as you can see, look pretty ganky :razz:).

The default Unity shaders support everything you need for a character model. If they don't look good with those, they will never look good.

Do you have proof that he did? Child molestation isn't something you throw around lightly. Your question makes it sounds like you're already convinced he did despite there being nothing, except rumours, to back it up. It's innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around. You're asking the wrong question.

Back
Top Bottom