FSE : Battle Cry of Freedom

Users who are viewing this thread

biggun34 said:
Dafaq is this ****... Exactly one of the things wrong with the community doesn't read the OP and post's crap like this all over the place.
Actually, twatty little pricks like yourself are exactly what's wrong with the community.

150 Euros or more
Early alpha and beta access to the game, a boxed copy and a digital copy of the game soundtrack.
Have to pay more then 150 Euros to gain alpha? That is interesting

FSE is even worse at delivering their "weekly updates" than Taleworlds (03 April '14, 14 January '14, 26 August '13, ...), but I have to admit I'm quite impressed by the recordings in their new update. I have never heard the punch a Springfield rifle packs in person, yet I can't imagine them being far off.

Orchid said:
FSE is even worse at delivering their "weekly updates" than Taleworlds (03 April '14, 14 January '14, 26 August '13, ...), but I have to admit I'm quite impressed by the recordings in their new update. I have never heard the punch a Springfield rifle packs in person, yet I can't imagine them being far off.

I may still have to turn those down a tad, but will see, either way they will still pack a punch.

The punch of the rifles had a really nice bass shot to it and I literally felt the shockwave when standing near the front of the rifles while they were firing.

Yes, I was quite impressed. Turned my bass settings way up and the glass of water on my desk looked like it had been struck with a bad case of Parkinson's. Will you be doing similar recordings of canon as well?

The rifle sound is a mixture of professionally recorded black powder rifle sounds (which had a lot of bass but no treble) and my own recorded rifle sounds (which had treble but limited bass).

We have some professionally recorded cannon sounds from 2 separate libraries which I have experimented around with in terms of mixing. They're not bad but in terms of my own recording I wasn't able to get an opportunity to record canons sounds. I may get an opportunity in September though and possibly again in October (not sure).

lol I may have grammatically screwed that up. Suffice to say FSE have a large sound library including a black powder and historical firearms sound library. These were professionally recorded with various samples at different distances. However due to the microphone covers they use (just a guess) I felt some of the treble was missing so I ended up mixing my own recordings over it for the treble which worked pretty well.

I ended up going to a Civil War reenactment event for all the important sounds that FSE's sound library didn't have, ie: Equipment shakes, footstep sounds, bayonet attach/detach/sheathe/unsheathe, sword sheathe/unsheathe, ambiance, distant rifle fire as well as close up rifle fire etc.

He is referring to your innovative use of black power in firearms rather than the more commonly utilized black powder.

Back
Top Bottom