FSE : Battle Cry of Freedom

Users who are viewing this thread

If FSE can somehow pull of 500 MP battle, then I hope Bannerlord is at least 350-400 people. I WANT ME SOME EPIC BATTLES! :grin:

psychopigeon said:
I agree hesitation is needed, FSE claimed 250+ with a could be 300 player maximum limit without even testing it with players prior to release. Then they released NW and found servers struggle with 200 players.

Plus the reason why NW was so big was because of the hundred player regiments all spreading the word, this new game being in the civil war era maybe it won't have the same kind of support from the community. Either way, as long as there's line battle events I don't care.
Keep in mind that they couldn't touch the engine themselves, which prevented a lot of things. Everything had to be run through TW and Paradox first.

Also, they can actually support 250 players, but only with extreme good servers. Which people generally don't have and 200 is already a lot anyway.

What does not testing your claims have to do with engine limitations? Why would they make these promises in the first place, if they couldnt do it without touching the engine? And finally - Im fairly certain warband has some servers up with 200 peeps limit, so that isnt fancy NW works.

I'm rather disappointed they aren't adding more factions to NW, and the NW period is much more interesting and varied, but its about time a proper US Civil War shooter was made and while they were a pleasant change of pace neither of the Warband/NW civil war mods I played were out of the rough beta phase.

Duh said:
What does not testing your claims have to do with engine limitations? Why would they make these promises in the first place, if they couldnt do it without touching the engine? And finally - Im fairly certain warband has some servers up with 200 peeps limit, so that isnt fancy NW works.
Congratulatons, you complete misunderstood my post.
Also it was tested. The lag issues came from a fault in the bonusses and were later fixed.

@ Prince,

I thought they hit the limit of resources? And besides, that would cost a lot of money.

edit:
Happened to have this open in a tab I just noticed. Probably worth quoting:
Refleax said:
PrideofNi said:
Refleax said:
Doctor Scherzando said:
I don't think FSE would tease a 500 player server unless they actually have a practical way to implement it. We'll see though. It may start out as like 250 and gradually get updated.

Of course, during Vince's stay at my place in Malta we have tested it and found out that 500 players is actually quite a reasonable number. Obviously nothing is definite yet as some unforeseen issues may appear during the course of BCoF's development.

Why, did you have 500 people at your crib at the time? lol

Sadly, I'm not that popular!

The tests were performed using software which can simulate this for you.

The Kickstarter-like rewards are pretty dull though, especially at such high prices.
E.g. donating €500 or more nets you:
http://www.fsegames.eu/donations.php said:
Early alpha and beta access to the game, a boxed copy and a digital copy of the game soundtrack + a special place in the credits for you.
Normally, that's what you'd get for somewhere around $50.

Orchid said:
The Kickstarter-like rewards are pretty dull though, especially at such high prices.
E.g. donating €500 or more nets you:
http://www.fsegames.eu/donations.php said:
Early alpha and beta access to the game, a boxed copy and a digital copy of the game soundtrack + a special place in the credits for you.
Normally, that's what you'd get for somewhere around $50.

€200 Euro is everything in the 500 but a name in the credits.

Orion said:
rejenorst said:
Cause people tend to hold a grudge over petty issues that most people don't give a rat's-ass about.

It's still true, though.

Well..., if he steals your moneyz, car or Mother's honor; you be sure to let me know :grin:

Suspicious Pilgrim said:
Too bad the FSE team didn't realize MB players make for really ****ty donators. :razz:

So far 36 donators and over a 1000 dollars. 58,990 to go :grin:

€ 60,000... Just found the donations part of the website. I'm not sure the NW community is old enough to provide that sort of financial backing, nor numerous enough to fund it. Vince said today that he expects it to take a year or so of funding to develop. I really don't see how this can end well...

Back
Top Bottom