List of possible skill bonuses

Users who are viewing this thread

agarantia

Recruit
I'm using this list to help me plan my character and companions so I guess it might help others. The list possibly have some
mistakes and/or is incomplete, if so please do tell.

Troops
Shepard                  - +1 Foraging
Hornman                - +1 Tactics; Possible morale bonus in combat?
Caravan Master      - +1 Trade
Cantaber Iuventus - +1 Tracking
Gwas Ys Tafell        - Possible morale bonus in combat?
Cleric                      - Possible morale bonus in combat?; Forgive troops for morale boost(cost - 200)
Soldier's Wife        - Gives morale each 48 hours(minimum wife amount = 30?)

Itens
Mule                  - +1 Inventory Management; +1 Foraging (inventory - need 2 or more for full effect; Inv Man Skill do not truly apply)
Donkey            - +1 Inventory Management; +1 Foraging (inventory - need 2 or more for full effect; Inv Man Skill do not truly apply)
Crown              - +1 Persuasion; +1 Leadership (equipment)
Noble Tunic      - +1 Persuasion (equipment; Not cumulative with Crown)
Merchant Tunic  - +1 Trade(equipment; you can use one yourself and another on your trader companion)
Pictish Naked    - +2 Ironflesh; +2 Athletics (equipment)
Lyre                  - +1 Entertain (inventory)
Banner            - +1 Leadership; +1 Tactics; Morale bonus in battle?(equipment; Leadership not cumulative with Crown)

Books
Vulgata Biblia                                                - +1 Persuasion (inventory)
Synopsis of Aelius Galenus                          - +1 Surgery (inventory)
De Materia Medica, of Dioscorides                - +1 Wound Treatment (inventory)
Epitoma Rei Militaris                                      - +1 Trainer (inventory)
The Life of Alexander the Great                    - +1 Leadership (Permanent)
History of The Peloponnesian War                - +1 Tactics (Permanent)
Rhetorica ad Herennium                                - +1 Persuation (Permanent)
Polity of the Lacedaemonians, of Xenofonte - +1 Weapon Master (Permanent)
Paedeia                                                        - +1 Intelligence (Permanent)
Oeconomica, of Aristoteles                            - +1 Trade (Permanent)
De architectura, of Vitrivius                            - +1 Engineer (Permanent)

Edit1:Adding new Troops info.
Edit2:Apstinentas is correct. The Inv Management skill is "for show" only.

Thanks for the list, was looking for something like this.

Question:

Do you have to equip the items like crown for them to give you the bonuses or can you just keep them in your inventory?  I never understood how the banner works, it seems like a huge waste to give the banner to your companion when he can be killing 20+ enemies in a battle.  It would be an even bigger crime to hold the banner yourself as you can take out dozens of heavy infantry alone.

Yes, items marked as 'equipment' needs to be equipped for the bonus to apply. In my game I just leave the crown on my character at the world map, changing to a nobleman jute helmet in the start of a battle. The same is true for the banner, it has to be equipped but you don't have to use it in combat. In my testing, my party's morale was unaffected by it in the world map, so I assume it is a combat bonus.

Yeah, I've noticed these don't seem cumulative.  A Noble Tunic + Vulgata Biblia increases Persuasion by just 1.
Indeed. But you give your party a nice boost to trading if you have Aleifr, assuming your char is at 0 trade and  Aleifr is at his default 7:

Equip Merchant Tunic : +1
Have a Caravan Master: +1
Total: 2 (+1)

Give another tunic to Aleifr: +1
Caravan Master Bonus:+1
Your +1
Total: 7 (+3)

So does anyone know do I really need 30 soldier wifes to get some morale bonus or does some bonus come from less? Even getting such number of females to army is pain in the arse as them females seem to be rare commodity.

Just put them in their own troop section then have them retreat at the start of the battle to keep them alive. 30 women in comparison to like 500-600 troops you're running around with isn't too bad.

Seve82 said:
So does anyone know do I really need 30 soldier wifes to get some morale bonus or does some bonus come from less? Even getting such number of females to army is pain in the arse as them females seem to be rare commodity.
Honestly, I've never noticed a morale bonus from them, which is one of the reasons I stopped using them. 

You get 1 morale every 48 hours with 30+ unwounded soldier wives. If they're wounded they don't count, and any less than 30 doesn't count.

Not really worth it imo :smile:

I cheated and read the source for the bonuses.  :lol:

Women and the Woden priests are +1 for 20, +2 for 40, and +3 for 70 - this adds all of the diff types together.
8+ caravan masters gives +3 trade, 5 is 2.
Hornmen you need 30 for the +3, but +2 is only 10.
Slaver chief is 1, 5, and 10 troops for 1, 2, and 3 looting skill.
Shepherds are 1, 20, and 40 for foraging 1, 2, 3.
Cantaber Iuventus give give tracking, but I don't think I've actually seen that troop in the game.
Spies add spotting, but the script seems bugged on that one so that they only give you +2 when you have 11+ of them and don't ever give +1.
Gwas Ys Tafell and the other faction equivalent troops (big list of em, I believe they come with hornmen when they join you, saxons are Tacnberend) give you leadership, 1 for every 10 up to 3 - I've never gotten more than one of those though.
The cleric troops give first aid skill, 1 for every 10 up to 3.

TheMageLord said:
Cantaber Iuventus give give tracking, but I don't think I've actually seen that troop in the game.

Cantaber Iuventus  are with one (or two?) NPC in a town cantina. You can fight against this troop. Thats the only way to get them, I think.

Lobo_loco said:
Cantaber Iuventus  are with one (or two?) NPC in a town cantina. You can fight against this troop. Thats the only way to get them, I think.
Neko in the Cirren Ceaster tavern has some.  If you talk to one of the guys there, you can get Neko to challenge you to combat.  His warband has about 20 or so of them, and you might be able to capture and recruit a few.

A much better way is to recruit them from Cato in the Caer Uisc tavern.  It costs 12,010 scillingas to get just ten Cantaber Iuventi, though, and they're the same as most other top-tier infantry, only they often lack armor.

Back
Top Bottom