Yet another moron sues McDonald's for millions...or is it that simple?

Users who are viewing this thread

13 Spider Bloody Chain

Grandmaster Knight
http://www.dailymail.com/story/News/2007081043/Man-says-hold-the-cheese-claims-McDonalds-didnt-sues-for-10-million/

In a nutshell, some fellow orders from McDonald's Quarter Pounders without cheese. Keep in mind that a normal Quarter Pounder doesn't come with cheese anyway (I think).

He goes into a darkened room, eats the burger, and it turns out he's deathly allergic to cheese.

So he sues for 10 million USD.

Thoughts? Comments?

I'd say that while the guy was justified in getting recompensated, 10 million is just a bit too much...

If the court had any sense, they'd tell him to provide proof he requested no cheese or sod off. Alternatively, point out his idiocy in eating McDonalds food if he has known allergies, and sentence him to the chair for attacks against the gene pool.

Honestly, I've never been able to understand why the amount of the amends are that high but I see nothing wrong with the case you described. I'm too lazy to read the link you gave but from what you wrote I understand that the guy would be the most stupid human being if he missed this chance to sue McDonald's.

What Arch said: If he has such a severe reaction to cheese, he shouldn't have bothered tempting fate by going there. Also, if he's so keen on staying alive he should have checked the damn burger in the first place.

Buxton said:
What Arch said: If he has such a severe reaction to cheese, he shouldn't have bothered tempting fate by going there. Also, if he's so keen on staying alive he should have checked the damn burger in the first place.

I think according to the article he did, but I'm not entirely sure...

Tarrantmw said:
He couldn't like, I don't know...check if the ****ing thing had cheese before he bit into it?
Or not ate in a ****ing dark room after gouging his eyes out?  Or simply let death take it's path and do a bit of much needed skimming of the gene pool?

I'm fairly sure those quarter pounders with cheese probably come with cheese stuck on them :razz:

But seriously though, if I had an allergy that was bad enough to kill, I'd check the burger first. What has happened here is like having a bad bee allergy, asking a bee farmer to remove all the bees from a beehive, waiting 5 seconds and then plunging your hand right into it. Sort of.

eromy took one bite and started having the reaction, Houston said. One of the three immediately called the McDonald's to let restaurant employees know they had messed up the order
Best first reaction. Ever.

I say that if you eat something from McDonalds or Kentucky Fried Chicken you are taking your chances and the most you should be able to sue for is $10.00.

Pfah. A pub 3 miles from me managed to get away with making food for 10 years even though he'd constantly been failing his hygiene inspections, and only 2 people ever fell ill :razz:

FTA:
"By my count, he took at least five independent steps to make sure that thing had no cheese on it," Houston said. "And it did and almost cost him his life."

The his client is a moron if he can't see cheese on a burger after "five steps".

Step #1: Put in false teeth
Step #2: Lift top bun off burger
Step #3: Look down
Step #4: Change lanes (eating while driving)
Step #5: Forget why the top bun is off the burger because of lane change

Jeromy took one bite and started having the reaction, Houston said. One of the three immediately called the McDonald's to let restaurant employees know they had messed up the order, but had to cut the call short when Jeromy started having a bad reaction, Houston said.

Local law enforcement should charge that one of the three with failing to call 911 and endangering someone's life. What a fake story ... who would call McDonalds first and not 911? People who are trying to scam, that's who!

I always check any kind of sandwich ordered from anywhere because I am picky. For hamburgers, I just order the meat, cheese, and bun--no pickles, mustard, ketchup. Still, half the burgers I get have those things in them. Because of that I check every time. Just for that small reason. Being picky. And this guy is deathly allergic and he didn't check carefully enough?

absox11 said:
Well toxins in small amounts will damage your health, but not make you noticably "sick"
It wasn't a toxin to blame. It was an allergic reaction. Apparently.

Allergic reactions to very minute amounts can cause very fatal things to happen. Although I very much doubt this person could have had a reaction.

Eating bad food builds character. Nothing puts hair on your chest like a little Botulism...

Unless that man was a first class puss, he should just bear up and take it like a man.

Back
Top Bottom