March of the Eagles

Users who are viewing this thread

Im a huge fan of the napoleonic wars and grand strategy games, so this was a massive win-win for me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=34dRS55Et3A#!

Check it out!

I find it both amusing and iritating that they basicly make the same game again and again, with just minor changes.

Have you played the paradox strategy games, gameplay they are all Grand Strategy but each one focusses on something completely different, Victoria is about economics and politics, EU3 and HoI is mainly focussed around army building and composition, Crusader Kings is focussed around a Dynasty.

They all look the same but take on completely different roles in gaming ... you can't jump from HoI to Victoria 2 and know exactly what your doing ... I've never seen someone do it so far out of about 20 different experianced Paradox gaming people.

March of the Eagles looks the same as Crusader kings 2 but that is just aesthetics, it probably plays like EU3 or HoI.

Bluehawk said:
Looks like AGEOD's Napoleon's Campaigns mashed with EU3, using the Crusader Kings 2 engine.

But probably nothing like any of them.

Total war on the other hand is exactly the same game with updated graphics ... over ... and over ... and over again.

I think I'll give it a try, although the only Grand Strategy I've ever really committed to is CK2, because defeating your enemies with intrigue rather than force of arms is just brilliant.

Kator Viridian said:
But probably nothing like any of them.

Total war on the other hand is exactly the same game with updated graphics ... over ... and over ... and over again.
Not quite true either. The campaign was very much changed from the RTW/M2TW era to the ETW/NTW era. The campaign troop/character movement itself stayed the same, more or less, but in the earlier games everything was based on the central city with basically empty land making up the rest of the territory. In the later games stating from ETW, the city-centered approach was expanded into region-wide assets like farms, manufacturing centers, etc.

Not to mention the in-battle gameplay has totally evolved from game to game. No game's battle gameplay feels alike to another. They might feel similar, but the feel of the time period (period units, tactics etc.) made the game play much differently.

EDIT: Realized this is off-topic, heh.  :oops: :smile:

:oops:
Oops forgot to post this link from the video;
http://www.paradoxplaza.com/games/march-of-the-eagles
But it generally sounds the same as CK2 with the Napoleonic Era, and a new 'ideas'
  • Explore the new idea system: Embrace new technology, military tactics and economical organization to customize your nation, using the idea system to reform your nation and rise from defeat.

But as Kator said I think this game will highlight the new function.

Vicccard said:
I find it both amusing and iritating that they basicly make the same game again and again, with just minor changes.

'Minor' What?

May as well go play EU: Rome then.

Speaking of EU: Rome, weren't they making a squeal?

Wellenbrecher said:
Minro, unimportant things.
You know, like focus, time period/setting and amount of control.
Hey, dont be so harsh on them. How would they know, if they never played the games?

Back
Top Bottom