Beta Patch 1.157 - Patch pre-release! Steam release on Wednesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Captain Lust said:
OK all the files are ready for you to use now. Remember that this patch is not server compatible with the last one so you might want to wait until people have updated their servers. The patch will overwrite any singleplayer tweaks of admin mods you use.

The patch will be finally released on monday morning, where it will be posted on the website and pushed out to Steam.

Here are the installers for the 1157 Warband patch:

http://download2.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_setup_1157.exe

http://download2.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_upgrade_1100_to_1157.exe

Here are the dedicated and module files for the 1157 patch:

http://download2.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_dedicated_1157.zip

http://download2.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_module_system_1157.zip

OLD POST:

Greetings all,

Following on from discussions about the state of Khergits in the game and some other potential issues, we have assembled a beta patch for the Warband. If you are a steam user, you can simply go to your game library, select Mount & Blade: Warband, go to properties>BETAS and select 'Beta - Public beta for v1.156'

The password is 'beta' easily enough and you can join our official Battle and Team Deathmatch beta servers if you want to test the game. Feel free to jump straight on and get testing. We'll also be running some 'testing sessions' to try and get some results with larger player numbers. By default, one team will always be Khergits (I think... they should be pretty damn common at least).

Non-Steam Version - Extract to main Warband directory and overwrite conflicts NOTE: You should make a backup of your game files so you can revert them after you've finished testing. This patch is not compatible with old patches.
http://download2.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_1156_beta_nonsteam.zip

Remember to post feedback/screenshots/results/opinions in this thread. Every comment will be read and will be helpful for us.

Here are the servers you can play on for now:

EU_Beta_Battle_Official
EU_Beta_TDM_Official
US_Beta_Battle_Official
US_Beta_TDM_Official

If you want to book a server for a private match or testing session just let me know. No admin mod will be installed on the servers.

Thankyou for your continued cooperation and support :smile:.

Changelog:

-Rebalanced in-game economy to encourage a range of propserity among towns (previously most towns became rich or very rich).
-Fixed bug with 'auto_select_weapon_mode' occurring too frequently.
-Fixed a visual error with attacks that are cancelled mid air.
-Fixed animation error with pikes.
-Fixed bug with shadows.
-Added new operations for modders and modified/fixed some existing operations.
-Fixed bug that caused slow movement in certain buildings and with certain scene props.
-Adjusted the way attack cancelling is handled while jumping.
-Added more options to module.ini.
-Bug fixed where throwing axe and throwing knife models would show on shields with the wrong rotations.
-Increased maximum number of different party member and prisoner stacks from 32 to 256.
-Changed netcode to fix a bug where animations would sometimes fail to load.
-Rebalanced Khergit multiplayer troops and added 'Khergit Infantry' class.
-Adjusted price of certain items in multiplayer based on faction (certain items now cost different amounts of gold depending on faction).
-Rebalanced several items to create proper price/quality progression balance in multiplayer.
-Other minor bug fixes.

Script errors everywhere!

136BAB9EB71A0F29FED69788D8C39E8B1E7B7A93

9FB427B022BC02A4C4717BBDAB4F564D6E3DD74E

C108C6E44F61010A321C7CCEBB027D39BA1214BF

A word of warning as well, ensure you remove any native mods before installing the beta. Or if you have already tried installing on top of a native mod, then delete your native folder then go to steam and in warbands properties select verify integrity of game cache.

Edit:

Looking through just going to highlight some points.

The spear doesn't seem to stop horses, is this not going to get changed back then?

Is the swadian short arming sword supposed to be only 26c damage? It has slightly better length and speed but shouldn't it have higher damage really as the damage is what makes the other short swords impractical.

Native mods will probably mess with it. saaarry guys.

US servers coming (as stated). You should be at work/school/submerged in a flood that has come to cleanse your sins, for the time being anyway.

Also non-steam manual patch coming as well.

Non-steam version up now.

Killfacer said:
As it is, with the normal spear not stopping horses, the Khergit infantry don't have any viable cavalry weapons.
We're looking at changing the spear anyway but in terms of anti-cav, I don't expect Khergits will struggle that much :razz:.

Plus Khergit Inf have a wicked throwing arm.

Wow Great stuff Lust!
Dream scenario would be if you gave killed player's bodies physics again.... without the bug it caused.

Captain Lust said:
]We're looking at changing the spear anyway but in terms of anti-cav, I don't expect Khergits will struggle that much :razz:.

So you will give normal spear ability to stop horses again? That'd be great!  :cool:

Also I have seen people talk about turn speed being nerfed with the Napoleonic Wars patch. Can you confirm if it was indeed changed or not?
Personally I do feel like it was possible to spin faster before...
If this was an unintentional nerf, will it be brought back to the way it was before?

Turn speed is def. nerfed.

Could anyone help me out? I go to properties---->beta. But i can't select anything from there :/

Would the non-steamversion still work on my steam?

Nvm, restarting steam worked, thanks Lust ^^

Armie_knock said:
Turn speed is def. nerfed.

Could anyone help me out? I go to properties---->beta. But i can't select anything from there :/

Would the non-steamversion still work on my steam?
Should do. Try restarting steam anyway, should do the trick.

Rend said:
Captain Lust said:
]We're looking at changing the spear anyway but in terms of anti-cav, I don't expect Khergits will struggle that much :razz:.

So you will give normal spear ability to stop horses again? That'd be great!  :cool:
I think that's the current plan. Not sure why it's not in the current patch but will check it out and keep you updated.

Rend said:
Also I have seen people talk about turn speed being nerfed with the Napoleonic Wars patch. Can you confirm if it was indeed changed or not?
Personally I do feel like it was possible to spin faster before...
If this was an unintentional nerf, will it be brought back to the way it was before?
It was intentional, however it has now been reverted and functions as it did before.

EDIT: Just a note to say non-steam testers should backup their game files (specifically their warband exe and native modules) so they can revert the changes once they're done testing as this patch will not be compatible with older versions.

EDIT2: Non-steam files are false... working on fixing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom