Disney acquires LucasArts, Star Wars Episode 7 to come

Users who are viewing this thread

This could be potentially really good or really bad.  Reading the whole article, George Lucas is still going to be involved with the making of the films.

TheGnome said:
This could be potentially really good or really bad.  Reading the whole article, George Lucas is still going to be involved with the making of the films.

Then it's going to be horrible.  :lol:

I wanted to get the topic submitted so I withheld my own comments, but the way I see it, this could be good SO LONG AS THEY STICK TO THE ALREADY EXISTING NARRATIVE. By that, I mean the Expanded Universe that the fans have created. However, they wont do that. Instead, they'll write their own **** that will indubitably be worse than anything that has already been written. And it will nonetheless become cannon, officially putting the nail in the coffin for this series as far as I'm concerned. 

Not necessarily a direct remake, but a trilogy centered around Kyle Katarn would kick ass. Especially if they got old man Han Solo involved as a supporting character.

Pillock said:
Not necessarily a direct remake, but a trilogy centered around Kyle Katarn would kick ass. Especially if they got old man Han Solo involved as a supporting character.
That's the guy from the game, right? Never finished it, too damn hard for me. :lol:

Anyway, I'm actually looking forward to this. Lucas wont apparently be directing it, so there wont be any mesa-so-retarded things in. Hopefully. Depends on who they get to direct, I suppose.

Gamerwiz said:
I wanted to get the topic submitted so I withheld my own comments, but the way I see it, this could be good SO LONG AS THEY STICK TO THE ALREADY EXISTING NARRATIVE. By that, I mean the Expanded Universe that the fans have created. However, they wont do that. Instead, they'll write their own **** that will indubitably be worse than anything that has already been written. And it will nonetheless become cannon, officially putting the nail in the coffin for this series as far as I'm concerned.
This very much sums up my thoughts on the matter as well.

Pharaoh Llandy said:
No good can come of this.
I disagree. Much amusing mockery and delightful justified hatred is a half-decent substitute for quality.

Yes, the wailing and gnashing of teeth over Jar Jar Binks was hilarious and I expect a similar reaction when this movie hits the theaters.

How about a clumsy Jarwok sidekick who talks like Elmer Fudd and is always causing problems and breaking things because of his clumsiness, but he doesn't mean to break things and cause problems and he's always very sorry about that? The Jarwok toys will be flying off the shelves in that Christmas season.

Welp there goes star wars *throws all star wars merchandise out of the window*. If i have learnt anything from Disney it is that old school Disney was pure gold, while the new one is practically the Film making equivalent to EA, just you wait, eventually you'll start seeing Mickey mouse in the Emperors clothing with goofy dressed as Darth vader.

They're more like a reversed king Midas. Everything they touch turns to ****e. And they have touched almost everything in sight, including themselves.

It seems i spoke to soon:

108774624-260x260-0-0_starwars+darth+vader+mickey+mouse+star+wars+weeken.jpg

Another point, hasn't Lucas always said he hated working under corporations (because they always seem to sneak in an in-house editing claus that basically reduces the director/producer to nothing more than a figurehead)?

He's been on hard drugs since the canonically sixth movie hasn;t he?

Back
Top Bottom