Disney acquires LucasArts, Star Wars Episode 7 to come

Users who are viewing this thread

Disney Confirms Standalone Star Wars Films; May Be Released Between New Core Episodes

http://www.slashfilm.com/disney-confirms-standalone-star-wars-films-may-be-released-between-new-core-episodes/

Last night word broke that LucasFilm and Disney are planning to build the first standalone Star Wars film around Yoda. That rumor was the latest piece in a puzzle that also included tidbits about screenwriter Simon Kinberg and Lawrence Kasdan writing standalone films for George Lucas’s universe, and big plans on Disney’s part to exploit the Star Wars property on a regular basis going forward.

Now Disney CEO Bob Iger, in a television appearance, has confirmed plans for standalone films and that Kinberg and Kasdan are, indeed, writing films that won’t be labeled as primary Star Wars episodes. (Michael Arndt is writing Episode VII for J.J. Abrams to direct.)

Iger does not confirm any characters, despite being asked specifically to do so, saying “I’m going to leave it to Kathy and the LucasFilm team” to reveal details when they’re ready. He does say that Abrams is acting as consultant on the standalone pictures, and highlights Kasdan’s history, too. Read his quote and see video of the appearance below.

Iger said:    I can confirm to you today that in fact we are working on a few standalone films, Larry Kasdan and Simon Kinberg are both working on films derived from great Star Wars characters that are not part of the overall saga. We still plan to make Star Wars 7, 8, and 9 roughly over a six-year period of time, starting in 2015. But there are going to be a few other films released in that period, too.

So, no Yoda confirmation. But again, with Kasdan, who wrote Yoda’s first film appearance, confirmed as writer of one of these “extra” films, the character seems like a safe bet.

So not only the 3 sequels are planned, but some others movies too, based on existing characters. Good or not, one thing is for sure, Disney will flood us with SW stuff.

Well, the good thing is that one of them is written by the guy who wrote the screenplay for Empire Strikes Back and the story for Shadows of the Empire.  :smile:

Radalan said:
Well, the good thing is that one of them is written by the guy who wrote the screenplay for Empire Strikes Back and the story for Shadows of the Empire.  :smile:

Oh, that is better than expected. Let's hope he can write a script that is at least on par with those (not that I know what Shadows of the Empire is).

Vieira said:
Radalan said:

Oh, that is better than expected. Let's hope he can write a script that is at least on par with those (not that I know what Shadows of the Empire is).

Is that guy even alive? :shock:

Argeus the Paladin said:
Vieira said:
Radalan said:

Is that guy even alive? :shock:

It's that guy:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001410/

He also directed... Dreamcatcher... May the force be with us.

I wonder if they could do a movie with Qui-Gon Jinn with liam neeson since taken 2 was a piece of ****.

Kevlar said:
I wonder if they could do a movie with Qui-Gon Jinn with liam neeson since taken 2 was a piece of ****.

Yeah Liam could crash a star-ship on Hoth and be hunted by a evil pack of wampas.

I bet he could take on a whole pack of them barehanded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LtkM2JPcHPo

Found some youtube link after wondering what happened to the kid that played anakin in e1. At least he hasn't turned into a train wreck like some other actors did I guess.

Sorry to necro, but I find the lack of Star Wars discussion on this board disturbing.

Anyways, I'm going to try not to get my hopes up too high, but The Force Awakens is very hard not to get excited about. I haven't seen enough J.J. Abrams films to form much of an opinion on him yet. I've only seen Star Trek, which was good, and Super 8, which was meh. The new cast looks impressive, though (but then again, the prequels had a good cast, too), and I'm particularly excited about the casting of Oscar Isaac, who was good in Inside Llewyn Davis, A Most Violent Year, and REALLY good in Ex Machina.

The new trailer looks great as well...

Was watching the trailer again, and that bit around the middle... holy ****. You know, the bit where is says "This Coming December" or whatever? Yeah. Goosebumps.

John Williams, man. It's just that one little progression. It's ****ing amazing. Just the way it rises in a crescendo, the note choice. I forgot how much I love the music.

Seff said:
Did you go looking in the Music, Books and Art subforum?
Yes, but I only found this, which redirected me here. This thread should either be moved to the Music, Books, TV and Art board or someone should start a new one there.
Vieira said:
Was watching the trailer again, and that bit around the middle... holy ****. You know, the bit where is says "This Coming December" or whatever? Yeah. Goosebumps.

John Williams, man. It's just that one little progression. It's ****ing amazing. Just the way it rises in a crescendo, the note choice. I forgot how much I love the music.
The opening shot of the trailer is awesome as well, with the destroyed Empire ship in the background (looking very un-CGI) and the destroyed x-wing in the foreground. It's a great way to open the trailer while connecting it with the last movie.

Back
Top Bottom