Swords or Bayonets?

Sword or bayonet?

• Sword.

Votes: 284 48.6%
  • Bayonet.

Votes: 300 51.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

The bayonet is my best friend. Even though I like to use the sword sometimes, the attacks and sequences I can do with the bayonet are just so much more smooth and coordinated. With the correct timing (and perhaps a little luck :wink:) I can easily cut down a group of enemies in one sequence. When that happens, I sometimes like to think of myself as being comparable to Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed.  :smile:

Xeroth said:
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he can't sit on it." - William Ralph Inge
So, even the realest of men or the manliest of men always lose to the cold, hard bayonet.

"A man may build himself a throne of claymores, but he can't sit on it." - A random smart guy

So, even the realest of men or the manliest of men always lose to the cold, hard claymore.

Since I am an old Warband veteran, I prefer to use a sword. I think bayonets attack much too slow. Using a sword against a bayonets user allows me to feint and counter their attacks easily.

Bayonets have taken the lead.

blitzking said:
Since I am an old Warband veteran, I prefer to use a sword. I think bayonets attack much too slow. Using a sword against a bayonets user allows me to feint and counter their attacks easily.

I'm not a native warband vet, I actually started playing multiplayer with F&S, then MM, to native to NW.

Thanks for voting again! :smile:

Chosen1 said:
The bullet's an idiot, the bayonet is a fine chap...
And the sword is a gentleman. I prefer swords, primarily for the one on one duels with fellow swordsmen, that and I love cav.

nilloc93 said:
GIVE THEM THE BAYONET!

TBH the lance is my fav on foot melee weapon, but when thats not available i'll take the next best long pointy thing

I actually never gave lances on foot a thought..  :oops:

And the bayonets are 3 votes a head. I honestly expected it to be a lot more in bayonets favour, only time will tell I suppose.

I prefer bayonet, because everyone gets to find their own special way how to fight with it, unlike a sword imo you just mindlessly block, attack and spam.

ItosBoy90 said:
I prefer bayonet, because everyone gets to find their own special way how to fight with it, unlike a sword imo you just mindlessly block, attack and spam.

My sir, you obviously haven't played native.

and played on duel servers.

While swords may seem a tad refined,
Towards a bayonet I am much inclined,
Through thick and thin and every foe,
I'll thrust and stab them row by row,
And while Officers may gloat and boast,
Their swords our bayonets will roast,
For when all is over, said and done,
We'll T-BAG their corpses one by one.

rejenorst said:
While swords may seem a tad refined,
Towards a bayonet I am much inclined,
Through thick and thin and every foe,
I'll thrust and stab them row by row,
And while Officers may gloat and boast,
Their swords our bayonets will roast,
For when all is over, said and done,
We'll T-BAG their corpses one by one.

:shock: Wow.... are you writing poems on request? please?  :?:

GoblinOverlord said:
:shock: Wow.... are you writing poems on request? please?  :?:

Haha .

When inspiration beckons thus,
Poor Rejen's pen shall fret and fuss,
But to answer thee, and thus confide,
The man's a tad preoccupied,
His worthy talents he would spare,
For a  coin-or-two, here-and-there,
Credited to his Paypal,
The requested poem, write, he shall.

:razz:

Son0fApollo said:
Haha nice poem rejen,you know that Apollo is the Greek god of poetry (and some other things) bayonets will roast the officers? Hmm we will have to see about that :grin:

All I r saying guv, is that if you find yerself wit a sword and up against her majety's bayonets all like... ye had better win. :razz:

I killed some officer in a game yesterday with a bayonet and the cheeky bugger said all I ever do is spin (which is kinda true). But I apologized for not holding still for his murderous blade upon whence he called me a noob. So yer telling me you got your arse handed to you by a noob? Tis naught my fault. Anyway he rage quit shortly after someone else bayoneted him. 

Back
Top Bottom