Swords or Bayonets?

Sword or bayonet?

• Sword.

Votes: 284 48.6%
  • Bayonet.

Votes: 300 51.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I like the idea of extending your musket with a long spike, its just......brilliant  :grin:

It technically transforms your muzzle-loading inacurrate musket that took a minute to reload into a deadly stabbing spear that can pierce through your enemies.

Nobleman said:
I like the idea of extending your musket with a long spike, its just......brilliant  :grin:

It technically transforms your muzzle-loading inacurrate musket that took a minute to reload into a deadly stabbing spear that can pierce through your enemies.

Well said.

The Sword is generally a better duelist weapon, nobody can deny that, even if that individual him/herself is better with Bayonet.

The Bayonet is generally a better group-fighting weapon, nobody can deny that, even if that individual him/herself is better with sword.

Bayonet can score quick 1 hit KO and backstabs, and the sword is faster with twice as many attack directions.

haythem09 said:
The Sword is generally a better duelist weapon, nobody can deny that, even if that individual him/herself is better with Bayonet.

The Bayonet is generally a better group-fighting weapon, nobody can deny that, even if that individual him/herself is better with sword.

Bayonet can score quick 1 hit KO and backstabs, and the sword is faster with twice as many attack directions.

Basically it is this.

I love swords. During a 1v1 cav regiment battle event I as last remaining hussar was challenged to repeated duels and managed to defeat 6 enemy horsemen out of the 8 living ones with 1/3rd HP with my sword. A sword is a glorious gentlemanly weapon. It also is great at saying 'Thou art ungentlemanly' to an unaware footsoldier.

I find people who play with swords just do it so they have an unfair advantage against the other players. I see so often on TDM servers I'll beat a guy with a bayonet, he gets angry and gets a sword, I beat him again, so he gets a lancer, I beat him again so he gets a dragoon, then when I kill him for the last time he ragequits usually after some inane insult.

Still I will always use bayonets because of the reach, it's so satisfying taking out large groups of people who don't block because they don't think you're close enough.

Oh God and don't get me started about pistols.

QWW said:
MackCW said:
If a veteran swordsman rushes to the right side (left for defender) of the bayo fighter and does a backhand slash...it's pretty much gg.

Block? Stab because you have a longer reach?

If you take ping into account the left attack of a sword is so fast its sometimes impossible to block because you don't see the animation till it hits you. And whats more that swing hits the head very often for a 1 hit kill.

Wastipk said:
I find people who play with swords just do it so they have an unfair advantage against the other players. I see so often on TDM servers I'll beat a guy with a bayonet, he gets angry and gets a sword, I beat him again, so he gets a lancer, I beat him again so he gets a dragoon, then when I kill him for the last time he ragequits usually after some inane insult.

Still I will always use bayonets because of the reach, it's so satisfying taking out large groups of people who don't block because they don't think you're close enough.

Oh God and don't get me started about pistols.

QWW said:
MackCW said:
If a veteran swordsman rushes to the right side (left for defender) of the bayo fighter and does a backhand slash...it's pretty much gg.

Block? Stab because you have a longer reach?

If you take ping into account the left attack of a sword is so fast its sometimes impossible to block because you don't see the animation till it hits you. And whats more that swing hits the head very often for a 1 hit kill.

Maybe if you have 200 ping. I have never encountered this problem.

Actually the left swing of a sword is faster than both bayo attacks so if you have a sword and can block up and down you should be undefeatable, or the fight will last a long time.  Personally I think swords are there to make up for the steep learning curve, if you're new to the game you can get away with just spamming a sword most of the time. However, if you're a pro and you use a sword you should be ashamed...imo.

Wastipk said:
Actually the left swing of a sword is faster than both bayo attacks so if you have a sword and can block up and down you should be undefeatable, or the fight will last a long time.  Personally I think swords are there to make up for the steep learning curve, if you're new to the game you can get away with just spamming a sword most of the time. However, if you're a pro and you use a sword you should be ashamed...imo.
....what did i just read

Golradir said:
Wastipk said:
....what did i just read
nice

Golradir said:
....what did i just read

As usual, a well thought out reply. Oh no wait, you are better than me so you don't actually need to engage in any kind of dialogue or contribute to the thread... well done.

What I said was true, are you one of these sword spammers then I take it?

QWW said:

Really? You have never been beaten by a sword guy due to lag? Then I invite you to go on a siege server when its got 200 players and then tell me it doesn't happen. I have got fraps now so I'll try to capture it next time it happens.

Wastipk said:
Golradir said:
....what did i just read

As usual, a well thought out reply. Oh no wait, you are better than me so you don't actually need to engage in any kind of dialogue or contribute to the thread... well done.

What I said was true, are you one of these sword spammers then I take it?
I don't play NW, so not there, no.
I'd like to make a well thought out reply, but as you're not doing it, that would be rather unfair. Sword to make up for the learning curve, and "if you're a pro and you use a sword you should be ashamed..."
:lol:

Golradir said:
I don't play NW, so not there, no.
I'd like to make a well thought out reply, but as you're not doing it, that would be rather unfair. Sword to make up for the learning curve, and "if you're a pro and you use a sword you should be ashamed..."
:lol:

I made the original statement, you are the one who replies, that is the definition of replying. Everyone here agrees that 4 attacks are harder to block than two, therefor the sword user has an advantage because the majority have only 2 attacks. That is very obvious. Sure if you're really good, you can handle a sword attacker, but it is harder, and denying that is just lying.

Therefor if you are an "expert" at the game, yet you still pick the weapon that gives you more of an advantage over the other players, then you should be ashamed, I stand by that.

This statement doesn't apply to native players, as in native, everyone is at the same level, all with access to 4 attack weapons.

Where the sword comes at a disadvantage is when you come up against group, but in a 1 on 1 duel, sword always has the advantage, if they are good enough to block and counter feints, then there is little I can do to them, can only chamber the up attack and thrust, the upper attack being much more difficult to get the timing right due to the different swing speeds. I alwasy use a bayonet and come up against really good players with swords, the only way to beat them is wait for them to make a mistake, which is rare seeing as they only have two attacks to worry about blocking.

There we go, I hope I have explained my position, care to reply?

on paper swords seem better, but when i use a sword, i usually feel like the bayonet guys have an advantage somehow. and when i use a bayonetted musket, i usually eat sword guys for lunch. muskets all the way.

Bayonet, but that's mostly because I usually play Infantry, I'm terrible at melee though so i suppose it doesn't make a difference  :grin:

Wastipk said:
QWW said:

Really? You have never been beaten by a sword guy due to lag? Then I invite you to go on a siege server when its got 200 players and then tell me it doesn't happen. I have got fraps now so I'll try to capture it next time it happens.

My point is, is that the game itself is fine. Internet speed and quality can not be helped by changing stats.

Back
Top Bottom