SP Native [WB] Scaedumar 2 - (Native Overhaul with FXAA now)

Users who are viewing this thread

LordMalacath

Sergeant
Greetings, and welcome to the discussion page of Scaedumar 2, here at Taleworlds.

30x8zz9.png

Scaedumar is an invented word that means shadow - tales, the word perfectly describes the atmosphere in this mod - a dark, and hard environment.
Scaedumar 2 is the reworked version of Scaedumar, created in mind for high-end computers, where what Warband should have been will come true before your eyes. Experience an in-depth roleplaying gameplay, where you can be whatever you want, from a highwayman, to a generic soldier or the pride of a King - a Count or a Countess.

Calradia will be more hostile and unforgiving than ever before. Small villages, secluded in the mountains or in the forests, are constantly being pillaged by bandits and enemy lords. Castles are even harder to defend, as the enemy will now use more than three ladders. The audio part of the game is being totally reworked from scratch, and many new textures are added daily. Troops were overhauled aswell, and balanced correctly. New troops like the Rhodok Mounted Crossbowman (Light Cavalry) and the Swadian Feudal Knight (Heavy Cavalry) are just a small example.

The battlefield terrain has been totally reworked, and prepare to dismount your cavalry if they encounter obstacles that may put them in danger to enemy footmen or archers. Trees will now protect your soldiers from incoming arrows or bolts. Weather effects such as rain or snow will slow down your cavalry, and make them even more vulnerable.

The lore within the game has been heavily modified and altered as well. This is not the year 1257 anymore. You won't start in March of that year anymore. The chosen year, is the year 1153, my so called 'darkest year' of Calradia. The tense of this darkness is the holy war indicted by King Herman the II, against the Sultan of the Sarranid Sultanate of Muhammad Ibn-Nasqbandi. Troops for every faction are completely revamped, upgrading now doesn't mean that you'll have better troops, everytroop now has a role, and you'll need to upgrade by keeping that in mind. Having a couple of voulgiers instead of upgrading them all to spearmen will come in handy if you'll have to face brutes armed with sledgehammers and mauls. Worth of mention is, of course, that in this game, you will die.

If you happen to get striken by an arrow to the head, you're done for. You could survive an arrow to the chest, of course, but you'll be severely crippled for some time, and you'll be confined to bed by the medics. If you decide to wage battle against what the medics tell you, and delay the recovery, your skills will be negatively influenced by your health status.

Good stores now sell medicine packs, consumables such as ale, wine, gorzalka (vodka) and various other tools that you will need to discover and get from special quests assigned to you by the town guildmaster. Armourers now have a large repertoire of items, including over 250+ new armors, 56+ new helmets, 32+ new shields, an uncountable amount of new weapons, including crossbows, swords, knives, shortswords, axes, halberds, pikes, bec de corbines, awl pikes, pikes and last and not least, primitive gunpowder siege weapons, which while being very powerful are very dangerous.

The Kingdom of the Nords, after that somebody told me that Sverige means Sweden, is changed into the Kingdom of Tiden, a Kingdom influenced by medieval Sweden and Norway. The King is now a certain Sverker Carlosson of Axevalla (clear Jan Guillout referrence). They are not vikings anymore. Sea raiders got that privilege.

More will come soon.

6.1.jpg

1.png

praven7.png

churchatnight2.jpeg

29.jpg

21.jpg

17.jpg

13.jpg

entrancetoforsakenvillage2.1.jpg

A full feature and futurette list is too long to make. All the authors of the OSP packs used are credited inside the Credits of the mod.

I like the idea of including firearms, even if it is not entirely historically accurate. I saw on moddb that you had some images of firearms, which are 16th century muskets. If you do include firearms i suggest that they should be medieval "handgonnes" like the below images.
gonne1.jpg

0.jpg
It would be great if firearms(and siege cannons) in the game would make a lot of smoke. One thing overlooked in many games that feature early firearms, is that black powder weapons generate a lot of smoke. A battlefield obscured by smoke from firearms would really add to the dark atmosphere that this mod should be aiming for.

Another thing that would really add to the atmosphere is medieval beliefs and superstitions such as witches, sorcerers, necromancers etc. While i dont mean you should actually include magic and sorcery, rumours of witchcraft and people being possesed would add to the dark setting. Quests where you must hunt down supposed sorcerers(remember that i dont mean you should actually include magic) could be added. Another good quest could be one where you are sent off to eliminate a dangerous heretic and his party of fanatical follwers. It would be amusing to be able to accuse a rival lord of heresy or witchcraft and have them executed.

Peasant rebellions should also be included. Instead of just bands of looters roaming the countryside, villages or even towns could rebel against their factions.
Not sure how this would be implemented though.

www.moddb.com/mods/scaedumar-2

Keep this under track if you want more updates. Feel even free to suggest something (just don't reply under other comments or I'll miss it).

I'm currently retexturing for variation some of Pino's armors, making some looking ragged and worn, and I might post some screenshots soon.

The thing that I am happiest the most is the balance that I acheived. Troop wages now are very high, so you can't keep your army all the time (unless you have ca-ching $$$). Troops are rebalanced. No more OP Swadian Knights and Rhodok Sharpshooter. Prepare to actually lose troops, and of course, prepare to die.

I've finished to re-coordinate all the towns, castles and villages in Swadia for balance reasons.

Since I changed the names of the counts (adding titles as well based on the fiefs they were enfeoffed to) I've changed all those stupid names like Ushkuru, Tshibtin and others.

Dhirim for example is relocated a bit north, and renamed Madrien. Since Dhirim is close to a forest, it'll sell wood and stoneworks (res. 120 and 340 tallers).

Praven for example got relocated towards the far east (old position of Tevarin Castle - that hardly got attacked by enemy forces) and renamed Roxbury (a name deriving from raven - due to the fact that Herman has a banner with a raven on it).

Sieges are a bit more complicated to explain. I've AI meshed the scenes so that you go in a sort of labirint of your own siege camp when sieging a town (thus putting you under heavy fire from archers and crossbowmen) before reaching the ladders.

Town scenes now feel more alive, as you can understand what the town produces locally and what not. I'm planning to add one more additional village per town, amd several new locations with 'ghost' villages (mainly run down places abandoned).

My whole idea, which I hope you'll accept is to have the nords renamed to Tiden, and their culture (basically their lore) gets changed. Scenes and new items (and the troop tree of course) are based on book that I have on medieval Sweden, Norway and Denmark. Their castles are no castles anymore. Run down stone walls with wooden palisades and walkways between them. (Screens soon)

The Rhodoks, now the Dorwesen, are the natural enemy of the Swadians (which have their Holy Kingdom - explained later in the game).

Last amd final, while most OP troops were rebalanced, people using a bow or a crossbow will notice a significant buff up. Mainly a 'one shot one kill) depending on where you hit. This is because I've always hated being riddled with darts and dieing only after the 9th one hit me. Now, with two darts or three arrows, you die/fall unconscious.

If you fall unconscious you cannot fight for 12 days. So if you get attacked you need to order your troops to attack without you. (Greatly affecting their morale with subsequent heavy casualty toll)

AI isn't dumb anymore. Prepare to swear even the most ancient God when you can't land a blow to the head to someone. (As he'll keep parrying it)
Tip: You'll need to use the E key to break his guard and then slash him. E key vefore now was totally useless.

As for the new items and system requirements I'm sorry to add that I have some 300/400 new items (items alone) and 154 new props for my scenes, and all the heavy scenes that S2 has will require at least 2GB of Ram and a powerful video card (up to 1024 of gram), or you'll run out of memory to process some of the items.

If you guys here from Taleworlds have suggestions, do say.

Good to see that you've made really huge progress with this mod.
That said, I think that this part will make the mod hard for playing more than it should be:
LordMalacath said:
Last amd final, while most OP troops were rebalanced, people using a bow or a crossbow will notice a significant buff up. Mainly a 'one shot one kill) depending on where you hit. This is because I've always hated being riddled with darts and dieing only after the 9th one hit me. Now, with two darts or three arrows, you die/fall unconscious.

If you fall unconscious you cannot fight for 12 days. So if you get attacked you need to order your troops to attack without you. (Greatly affecting their morale with subsequent heavy casualty toll)
...large fights during sieges could last more than "one turn", so if you get hit by only one arrow during the fight, that could mean the end of your battle, given that your army mostly lose battles if their moral is low. One hit should not decide anything, if you know what I mean.

Just 3 suggestions:

-Rework the Sarranid Sultanate and the Khergit Khanate to more stronger factions.Make Sarranids a stronger faction,and make the Khergit Khanate an Far Asian Dynasty,mixture of Japan and China.

-Make the Bandit Factions join-able,but weaker than other factions.
  -Sea Raiders are based on Vikings.
  -Forest Bandits are based on Lithuanians,in war with Swadia(HRE,Teutonic Knights).
  -Mountain Bandits are based on Scotts,in war with Dorwesen(make ex-Rhodokos based on England).
  -Tundra Bandits are based on the Cossacks.
  -Steppe Bandits are Mongolic Minor Khannates.
  -Desert Bandits are based on Desert Slavers.

-Make New Sieges,with catapults and such.

Back
Top Bottom