SP Native [WB] Scaedumar 2 - (Native Overhaul with FXAA now)

Users who are viewing this thread

Swadians are based on medieval England with some mixtures of France and Germany as well. (Good stone castle architecture, small and professional war parties, high troop wage, very large and fortified towns, mounted at foot troops highly powerful)

Dorwesens are based on medieval Scotland and Ireland, with some mixtures of Sweden here and there. (Makeshift fortifications, large and untrained war parties, low troop wage, small, village-towns, ranged troops are the best in the game, they have cavalry and troops of foot as well)

Tidens are based on medieval Norway, Sweden and Denmark (Wood and stone fortifications, mainly one line of walls made of wood as the first line, and a secondary one made of stone, enclosing the keep, large village-towns, best foot troops)

Vaegirs are based on medieval Bulgaria. (Wooden castles and some rare stone castle - justified in game by a 'cooperation with Swadian masons', large and fortified towns, large and trained war parties, very high wage, good cavalry, good troops of foot and average ranged troops)

The Khergit Khanate is based on Genghis Khan's Khanate. (Castles can't even be called castles, they're encampments of tents, some wooden houses and some palisade here and there. Towns are large and complex, yet with small palisades. This is compensated by the fact that the Khanate has large war parties, highly trained even, and with the best ranged cavalry in the mod.)

The Sarranid Sultanate is based on the late Al-Andalus. (Huge-palace like castles, big towns, very good heavy cavalry, good ranged cavalry, average infantry and below average ranged infantry. The slow speed of their heavy cavalry is compensated by their light one, being able to plow with their bows (not with the same efficiency as the Khergits) through your lines.

* All this is the result of this night's evaluation test. I'm pretty satisfied with the result. In a siege on a 'makeshift' Dorwesen castle I've lost 64 men (34 wounded and 30 killed) against a garrison of 147 men. Why satisfied?
In all the mods around here you can feel like god going in front of your troops, if you do it here., you'll take a long drop from a siege ladder.

1.2.jpg

The 'ruin' that almost cost me my whole war party. Placing that tower there with three levels fron where to shoot in somebody's nut was genius. Only from there you'll already lose 1/3 of your troops. (and you're even downwind if you decide one day to catch a rain of arrows upon 'ye)

2.4.jpg

It reminds me of a Fallout 3 mod I made back ago. But hey, makeshift or ruined down castles are cool, in their own abandoned-beautiful way. Only the tower alone took me over 4 hours to make. The amount of detail I've added should give you a surprise or two wheter you're attacking or defending this ugly beauty.

3.4.jpg

In theory you could die falling from here. IN THEORY.

4.2.jpg

Pick your spot, arm your crossbow and discharge it in somebody's head.

5.2.jpg

Kinda lovely, tomorrow I'll do the 'Keep's' interior.

6.2.jpg

So during the siege I died. (Yeah, with a headshot throwing me down from the ladder. I sweared for like ten minutes and then I had a genius idea to 'add' a sort of easter egg to myself.

My own grave. And yeah, garlic is there for a reason. (Medieval peasants were afraid as hell of somebody getting out from the grave and eating their low-IQ brain) Found it funny enough to add it. Each siege scene has some corpse telling its own story visually.

Superb, it will be a good day for Dinnerdog when this mod is released.
LordMalacath said:
My whole idea, which I hope you'll accept is to have the nords renamed to Tiden, and their culture (basically their lore) gets changed. Scenes and new items (and the troop tree of course) are based on book that I have on medieval Sweden, Norway and Denmark. Their castles are no castles anymore. Run down stone walls with wooden palisades and walkways between them. (Screens soon)
I like this.
LordMalacath said:
Last amd final, while most OP troops were rebalanced, people using a bow or a crossbow will notice a significant buff up. Mainly a 'one shot one kill) depending on where you hit. This is because I've always hated being riddled with darts and dieing only after the 9th one hit me. Now, with two darts or three arrows, you die/fall unconscious.
I cant say i'm very happy about this though. I dont particularly like the idea of a one shot one kill from a bow(unless it gets you in the head), especially when wearing armor. I suggest reducing the accuracy of bows if you are going to do this.
ThaneWulfgharn said:
make the Khergit Khanate an Far Asian Dynasty,mixture of Japan and China.

-Tundra Bandits are based on the Cossacks.
Please dont do this.

No decapitation, sorry.
And no, it's not quite how you describe it.
One shot one kill will happen only on unarmored targets (less than 10 of body armor and less than 15 percent of head armor).

No need to be so dense. :grin:

Extremely happy to announce (with screens following shortly on Moddb) of a major graphical update. Thanks to V1yrno of the Nvidia Developer Zone, Boris Vorontsov for showing that it can be done and Barabas for getting me into this stuff.

The FSAA Injector of Skyrim has been ported over to Warband by myself and V1yrno. Currently I'm undergoing tests with the exposure arrays and OGC (something similar to contrast and saturations values). The FPS drop on my computer is unnoticeable (mainly speaking of some 15/16 FPS at stage one on a total of 120 FPS).

I worked on several overlay screens to work with the injector, similar to the overlayed 'splash screens' of BF3.

Steam versions, as a beta tester reported won't work. I'm still checking why.
A lot of offset editing has been done in the .exe as well, mainly on a trial an error, so the problem may be there.

Game is stable, no crashes in 4 hours of constant editing.
While Scaedumar 2 may not be 'revolutionary' in matter of code, I can put my hands down, and my modesty in the trash can, saying that it's the best mod in fact of graphics and such. I'm happy also that it is very stable.

If I have time, I will make a video to better display what has been done.
Don't ask how, when I release the mod I may release the plugin as well. But not now, not at it's current status of development. It'll be released as an OSP and a guide on how to integrate it.

Next objective?
Animate the fauna.
It'll take time, but it'll be done.

https://developer.nvidia.com/
The resource that made it possible.
(Despite the fact I'm an ATI user) :grin:

No man.
The FXAA injector is a plugin. Not a .brf file with 'props'.

It is basically the Nvidia FXAA x.00 adapted to Warband. Thus not a Skyrim asset.
Nvidia made it when they released CUDA and PhysX source code for developers to work on over at Nvidia Dev Zone.

Some_dude adapted it for Skyrim.
I adapted it for Warband.

Not hard to read.

www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=510658
^ Some_dude's thread on it over at 3D Center

As said, after the release of S2, I'll release the stand-alone version with a guide on how to integrate it via the .exe and make it run on V1yron's edited pipeline. It still has some bugs, like not letting you join multiplayer because of the offset changes. You see the servers, but you can't join them. There is also a minor issue with normal maps (stripping).

LordMalacath said:
Next objective?
Animate the fauna.
The traditional way of doing it for Warband is to animate the texture itself, take a look at Deluge for example of how it's done.

As for this mod, it looks damn amazing. You are one hell of a scener, the attention to detail looks like something that would take days, even weeks from me to accomplish. Keep up the good work, man.

Comrade Temuzu said:
LordMalacath said:
Next objective?
Animate the fauna.
The traditional way of doing it for Warband is to animate the texture itself, take a look at Deluge for example of how it's done.

As for this mod, it looks damn amazing. You are one hell of a scener, the attention to detail looks like something that would take days, even weeks from me to accomplish. Keep up the good work, man.

My days passed in the CS in Morrowind and Oblivion pay off now. Heh, anyway.

You mean to animate the textures with a vertex shader?

I think so, yes. But to be honest, you would be better off by asking the folks on The Forge, they should know better than me. Hell, I cant even put a working brf file together. :lol:

Wow Malacath, your scening blows me away every time! Beautiful, truly!

Regarding to the vertex shaders, here you go: Linkeh
I'm experimenting with using a very soft one on capes for my own mod. It's quite interesting!

Back
Top Bottom