RaW: Off Topic Board of Banter!

Users who are viewing this thread

4:You didnt even add ATTILA THE HUN! I mean c'mon, the scurge of the ancient world! I was expecting the huns or even the gothic invasion to appear in the late, late game of campaign like the selucids did in medieval 2(i think it was selucids, i dont remember) But that is what really made medieval 2 fun was trying to hold off this great invasion and using britain as the last bastion!

*click* *Bang*

5: Again, multiplayer maps are great and all but you dont make a thermopolaye map. -_- I will bet $1,000 that almost every person who got the game was disappointed in this too. Out of ALL, out of ALL factions and battles, Sparta and the battle of Thermopolaye were the most famous of the ancient world! Im no fan of the 300 movie and in my opinion it spits on the true battle and valour of the spartans who died there, but I do love the concept of the battle.

And you spit on the hundreds of other hoplites from other cities that fought with the Spartans by not mentioning them.

4:You didnt even add ATTILA THE HUN! I mean c'mon, the scurge of the ancient world! I was expecting the huns or even the gothic invasion to appear in the late, late game of campaign like the selucids did in medieval 2(i think it was selucids, i dont remember) But that is what really made medieval 2 fun was trying to hold off this great invasion and using britain as the last bastion!

Even the Gothic invasion? The first decisive battle between the Goths and the Romans was in the Mid 3rd Century. The Huns don't appear in Roman lands until around the 400s.

medieval 2(i think it was selucids, i dont remember)
The ****? Timurids and Mongols?

/History Rant off.
I have a TWC account. I just don't wanna reply to him directly.

It's a shame, when you unlock all the Medieval II factions (via editing the notepad), that Timurids, Aztecs and the Mongols crash the game. In fact, all the non-playable factions do except the Papal States (not sure about rebels), because they are non playable (ofc) but it would have been nice to invade Europe from the East or sit in America and wait for the colonists...

Well, seems a lot has happened since my pc broke, Pentri has changed leadership, Sparti disbanded. I  hope to be back in about 2 months with a new computer. uh, I don't have anything else to say...

see you soon,
Vitnub

I've been killing the Samnites as Rome lately, and now they only have a one last city in the south, and they all hole up there. I kind of want to kill them, but it's kind of hard when the city itself has a garrison of 888, and there are four Samnite lords with their armies also derping at there. Now I wonder what should be my approach, or well, do I even have any other options than to try to kill them with repeated assaults on the walls with the whole might of Rome.
I guess I could also try to get a small troop of veteran principes and triarii and other elite troops and try to lure the Samnite lords out of their hole one by one and then attack the city when there's only the garrison to take care of.

Some idiot forgot his keyboard when going to visit family, that same idiot is enjoying large amounts of wine, cheese and baguette.
Happy Christianised pagan holiday, I think I might appreciate some of the folks of this forum afterall, not that you care anyway. Have a drink and cheers !

Late by a day, but I've now been on this forum for a year!
"Date Registered:    December 24, 2012, 10:54:35 AM"
I would like to thank everyone who've kept me coming back to check what silly stuff is going on :smile:

Back
Top Bottom