Quick Questions/Quick Answers thread

Users who are viewing this thread

The_Normal_Anomaly said:
lord676 said:
[stuff about the cave]
Buy drinks in Rivacheg.  Barkeep should tell you to check Shapesite, (probably spelled that wrong), one of the two northeastern most villages.  Talk to the village elder about your medal.
I assume that you have completed these steps.
From there, choose to walk around the village, it will be a fair distance away from the village, off to the right of where you spawn in.  It will be the really big gray rock.  On the other side of the rock will be a big ol' door, and I leave the rest to you.
thx  :grin:

Sorry if it has been asked before but I don't seem to be able to find your schedule for the release of other chapters. Do you have one? If so, will it be soon? Like with 2012 or early 2013?

thesapirb said:
i cant find marnid in the quest that you are suppost to meet him in rivacheg after ramun tells you to get a guide
You meet Borcha in rivacheg, he is in the lords hall, behind bars.
Marnid is in the tavern in Zendar.

I'm on the quest where you free Melva from the prison. What do I do after we open the gate and run outside the wall?

When you're outside of the wall, keep running down the path or w/e till you have the retreat option. Hit F, and it should take you out.

Ser Pounce-A-Lot said:
Sorry if it has been asked before but I don't seem to be able to find your schedule for the release of other chapters. Do you have one? If so, will it be soon? Like with 2012 or early 2013?
The dev team has been working hard. Hope it can be early 2013. :wink:

nora_lee said:
Ser Pounce-A-Lot said:
The dev team has been working hard. Hope it can be early 2013. :wink:
Glad to hear. How many chapters are you planning to have in total?

What style of play is easier for this campaign?  I find that all mods have different classes that are generally better at killing because of the enemies you meet, but I cant promote a good start for myself because Im not sure wether to lean towards ranged and have ease with bandits earlygame and difficulty with the darkness lategame, or going another path.  So far on my extremely honostly "cheated" character, I found using the elvish bow with runic arrows and "thunder breaks" was good, but without the weapon skills its useless.

I have a question.

When I go into areas that are 'made for the mod' (like Zendar and bandit hideouts) my screen zooms up into the air and I cannot see my character. Anybody see a reason behind this?

Thanks!

-Toby

Try looking down?
also, you might know this, but before mass confusion breaks out, zendar is from an older version of the original mount and balde, and the bandit hideouts are from warband.

gamecubetoby said:
I have a question.

When I go into areas that are 'made for the mod' (like Zendar and bandit hideouts) my screen zooms up into the air and I cannot see my character. Anybody see a reason behind this?

Thanks!

-Toby
Check in Camp-Custom key setting, see if the hot keys has any problem?

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find an answer to it so hey.  I was wondering if someone could just clarify for me how I get these 'unique' items.  I've found the Elven bow, the throwing spears, Gimli's axe and the Gai Bolga lance (although I know I got this from defeating Fenris multiple times) but  I'm not sure who I got these items from, and why.  I've completed the quest to get the Damascas steel armour and so have killed quite a few Dark Avengers and never got anything from them.  Also went after quite a few Pirate kings but no luck there either.  And I've been into the lack dungeon twice, and while I did get some good plate armour and gems there, I didn't find any unique items.   

I've seen it mentioned they can be the 'special reward' from tournaments, but I just wanted to clarify where they COULD be attained from before I start farming for them.  (Don't know if it matters but  I particularly have my eye on Excaliber of the Persian King's sword).

Secondly, I seem to be finding that using Prairie Fire and Cloudy Storm (the two abilities from the secret scroll) aren't working for me when mounted, and against most of the Dark forces they don't work altogether, despite the 'kill feed' saying I've killed 'x' enemies all that happens is they do a weird animation of falling over/off their horses, and get up/ slide back onto the horse.   

Thanks in advance for any help.   

I don't want any of this to sound negative, this mod is AMAZING. It's completely changed the whole game for me in such a brilliant and fun way, all of the little things in it (such as the lost knight and swordsman) show how much care the creators put into it; so thank you for this!  :grin:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,240713.msg5956310.html#msg5956310

Already a huge list credited to Nora for posting.

As for tournaments, the "special reward" is ususally just high level gear from the faction you obtain it from (I.E. you will get knight armor from Swadia, axes from the Nords etc.)

Yes the abilities are sometimes funky for me, but they don't need to work with 85 vaegir archermasters and 35 St. Knights

Thanks for the reply, but I still don't get what it means by 'Strong Enemies'. However I feel like defeating multiple Dark Avengers, as well as Hel, Fenris and Jormund..(whateverhisnameis) count as 'Strong enemies' :S   

Am I fighting the right people and just being unlucky?

When the game says "strong enemies", I infer that the game means parties controlled by lords, or extremely large high-level parties.

I found that if you are extremely bored of trying (after about 200 lords of farming for me) I just exported my character and increased my looting skill to the maximum.

Theres also I thread I've been supporting in order to enable the CHEATMENU! to take out these items, but as to not make this thread go off topic...

Yes, they do need to be high level parties (like dark knights or lords) in order to claim these weapons, I am also skeptical on wether or not you could pillage a castle/city for them, but I am still trying.

I just defeated Hel for the first time, but now it said something about the gift of Panic or whatnot, which I understand to be a magic spell as it's no inv item. Where to I find this spell and how do I use it?

The closest i can think of is her skill but you cant learn that, it has a chance to confuse ennemies (which fight against their former allies for a time ) knock ennemies down or outright kills them.

All three are great to have ( as companions ) if it wasnt for the dumb ruler though 1500 reknown and i end up with 99% of the fief lol tough to fight 3 nations with a few lords with income

Roran 13 said:
I just defeated Hel for the first time, but now it said something about the gift of Panic or whatnot, which I understand to be a magic spell as it's no inv item. Where to I find this spell and how do I use it?

I believe it was called Bleach Kiss. It makes her enemies turn against eachother. Not on a large scale, more like two or three men of yours who will switch sides. You should be able to learn that skill from her if you have her in your party. The evil villains join your party if you join the dark side.

Yeah she hit me a few times with it, KD'ing me off my horse, but I also got the gift of Panic, which makes my men more resilient around me and enemies weaker around me.

Back
Top Bottom