SP Fantasy [WB] The Imperial Simulacrum: An Elder Scrolls Mod (Orcish Armor p.57)

Users who are viewing this thread

Jesus YOUR LORD said:
I'm very excited for this mod.  I do hope you keep the vanilla animations as most of the OSP  animations look inferior in opinion.
I can see what you mean, but there are a few decent animations that I've seen.

Cant wait for this, would love being in the Stormcloaks army and attacking the Imperials, hope that stuff gets added and implemented well.

jord210 said:
Cant wait for this, would love being in the Stormcloaks army and attacking the Imperials, hope that stuff gets added and implemented well.
Yeah, it's not at the same time period as the Stormcloak rebellion. 200 years earlier is what that guy said.

Great looking mod, great concept! I had an idea of how magic could be implemented...at least destruction, anyways. You could replace throwing weapons (knives, axes, javelins, etc) with magic such as fireballs or ice spikes. I would like to see both throwing weapons and magic as much as the next guy, but I feel that there may have to be a compromise somewhere.
The author of this mod actually managed to add magic, as well as a sneak system (which would be essential for Bosmer and Betmer), but I'm not sure how. The name of the mod is "Phantasy Calradia" (I cannot post a link yet).

What's Betmer? I've never heard of that name for elves. Altmer, Falmer, Bosmer, Dunmer, Orsimer, Dwemer, Sudimer. Never "Betmer."

OnionOfShame said:
Great looking mod, great concept! I had an idea of how magic could be implemented...at least destruction, anyways. You could replace throwing weapons (knives, axes, javelins, etc) with magic such as fireballs or ice spikes. I would like to see both throwing weapons and magic as much as the next guy, but I feel that there may have to be a compromise somewhere.
The author of this mod actually managed to add magic, as well as a sneak system (which would be essential for Bosmer and Betmer), but I'm not sure how. The name of the mod is "Phantasy Calradia" (I cannot post a link yet).
Phantasy's magic is really overpowered, too much to be honest.
I think the best way to deal with magic would be with text based options, like using alteration to open the prisons door or destruction to increase the speed for starting a siege or illusion to give your war party a "buff" that makes the AI believe it has 1000 soldiers or something.
Stuff like that would be much better than having a bunch of hooded people throwing fire balls and doing 100 damage.

Tovias said:
OnionOfShame said:
Phantasy's magic is really overpowered, too much to be honest.
I think the best way to deal with magic would be with text based options, like using alteration to open the prisons door or destruction to increase the speed for starting a siege or illusion to give your war party a "buff" that makes the AI believe it has 1000 soldiers or something.
Stuff like that would be much better than having a bunch of hooded people throwing fire balls and doing 100 damage.

But fireballs are an essential part of the elder scrolls series.  I think asking permission to use the phantasy calradia magic system would save you tons of time if the creator would allow it.  You can always reduce the damage or just limit it to select companions if you dont wind up with 50 mages in your party smashing everything you see.

I am so pumped for this mod.  Keep up the good work.

Phantasy calradia has a really bad magic system. Looks weird, unfitting and like plastic toys thrown with weird animations.

Magic would be better along the lines of Mirathei's work with staffs and completely separate spells. In fact I advise anyone who has the old M&B 1.011 to try it out. It was implemented in the Horde Lands mod and looks ****ing amazing.

Jesus YOUR LORD said:
But fireballs are an essential part of the elder scrolls series.  I think asking permission to use the phantasy calradia magic system would save you tons of time if the creator would allow it.  You can always reduce the damage or just limit it to select companions if you dont wind up with 50 mages in your party smashing everything you see.

I know they are a big part of TES magic but Phantasy magic system is a little wonky and awfully unbalanced.
What's worse, at the end, most of fights involving wizards end like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ekugPKqFw

Tovias said:
Jesus YOUR LORD said:

I know they are a big part of TES magic but Phantasy magic system is a little wonky and awfully unbalanced.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ekugPKqFw
Very true, I would recommend a new system and new animations.

theinsane4 said:
Tovias said:
Jesus YOUR LORD said:

Very true, I would recommend a new system and new animations.
The spells could use a bit of a nerf...but if you think about it, a mage really should be OP compared to a regular soldier (but also very expensive). I do agree on the animations, though.

If time is an issue I wouldn't reinvent the wheel.  Borrow the magic system (with permission) and tweak to preference.  I'm so pumped for this mod but I fear for the one man team mods if it involves LOTS of script and modeling work.

PoisonCourtesan said:
Phantasy calradia has a really bad magic system. Looks weird, unfitting and like plastic toys thrown with weird animations.

Magic would be better along the lines of Mirathei's work with staffs and completely separate spells. In fact I advise anyone who has the old M&B 1.011 to try it out. It was implemented in the Horde Lands mod and looks ******** amazing.

It is not really a "system". Just a bunch of decent models, animations with a fairly simple trigger script. Not that it is bad, but not innovative neither however people still buy it.

*sneaks in abruptly*

Alright school carried over for about an extra month, but I'm all finished up now.

Been keeping an eye on M&B 2's development and I've decided that porting over the mod content to MB: bannerlord (have) to be a realistic possibility at some point. With this is mind Ill be focusing less on armors and other M&B:W-proprietary stuff, and am going to start working on portable world assets like buildings, dungeon kit-pieces, as well as creatures and monsters, and *possibly* high detail face models for the races... models that will carry over to a new game fairly easily, or at the very least (in the case of creatures and monsters) will still be just as hard to model and rig anyways.

This is still up in the air, and may not have a bearing on any early warband alpha releases, as it probably will take quite a while for bannerlord to come out, and even longer for working mod tools, so I may be able to pop out an alpha or beta release before that in warband. Nonetheless I'm changing gears and will be working on universal content as apposed to things that may only work in warband, or be really messy to port over (specifically armor, in this case)

Don't have any media for you guys just yet, but expect to see more stuff along the lines of houses, buildings, props and dungeon assets in the coming months. I need some practice making modular environment assets anyways, it's something I've never really tried before :oops:

Back
Top Bottom