So why does Fox suck?

Users who are viewing this thread

13 Spider Bloody Chain

Grandmaster Knight
Indeed, why? I've heard that it's the "tool of the government" and such, but are there any specific examples? I mentioned this opinion to my (much older) brother once and he fired back with a "WTF?! No it's not! Fox News is the only News channel out there that considers both sides of the story, etc...". I wanted to expand on the anti-Fox argument, but I simply didn't have any specific examples (I don't watch news, or TV for that matter).

So, if Fox sucks...why?

I find it varies around the nation, depending on which Fox ## you have. Fox 11, for example, did, well, that. I get Fox 24 and it's currently the best news channel to watch.

13 Spider Bloody Chain said:
So, if Fox sucks...why?
FoxNews is predominantly responsible for the growth of sensationalist news and using news as a marketable product.  They found that using one-sided arguments, jingoistic phrasing, and loud, charismatic individuals (c.f O'Reilly) sells more than actual journalism with any integrity.  Ever wonder where all the "find out how you could be in DANGER!  Tonight, when ___ does an exclusive investigation of babysitters...from HELL!" came from?  Yep, Fox. 

CrazyEyes said:
I find it varies around the nation, depending on which Fox ## you have. Fox 11, for example, did, well, that. I get Fox 24 and it's currently the best news channel to watch.
Except if you're a lucky bastard and can get the BBC. 

It does bear remembering that Fox News is not the local "fox".  Fox5, while very similar to Fox News, isn't the same.  Fox11 apparently is just as ridden with shoddy journalism as Fox News, while, apparently, Fox 24 isn't bad. 

I've never seen a non-Rep guest able to finish a sentence on Fox. I find fox comical to watch as the hosts dominate the argument/discussion with interuptions, yelling and fist on table banging. to be frank in my opinion it is incredably conservatively biased, as much or more than NBC being liberally biased. However i find even in its bias NBC has much more substance to its propaganda than fox does. I think Oberman could argue circles around O'riley if his fists were tied down and barred from interupting.

http://www.geekarmy.com/games/Become-a-Republican.html

go to page 5 and cut the end half of the "liberal lies" off as if being interupted, and you have a fox new debate about....anything! the topic doesent matter it will progress to this in less than 3 statements.

I used to watch FOX news quite a bit. Only for comedy value though. Watching adults find new ways to either roll their eyes, smirk and/or snort whenever the word democrat is mentioned was just funny.  When I can I listen to right-wing radio as well. Just for laughs. I don't see any difference between the the two.  I think Murdoch's history of using his media outlets as right-wing clubs is pretty well documented, you can always read about it somewhere.

There have also been some tell-alls from former employees. One reporter claims he got into trouble when he didnt appear excited enough on-air when covering Reagan's birthday party.  And theyve been busted so many times with internal memos from Roger Ailes suggesting they should push this or that conservative agenda that day, or "skewer the democrats on issue x". 

Another amusing thing about FOX NEWS is their recently debuted conservative comedy show (on a news network!) which is an attempt to counter the liberal leaning daily show, which is on...comedy central.  FOX NEWS apparently sees itself as one-stop conservative edu-tainment.

On the British front Sky News is trying to compete by only bringing up news in hush and  voices filled with horror "...the price of milk has gone up by one pence!" and then blowing it out of proportion by having a deep and embarrassingly intrusive interview with someone connected with milk , whilst the BBC is staying traditional and informative.

TV networks, excepting a very select group, are usually tools of goverments and politicians and "news" are usually bent and shaped to serve some purpose. If you want to find real journalism you need to look at the independent media.

This is one of my favorites... Painted pink glocks, lesbian gangs raping young women and beating up heterosexual males...

http://www.nowpublic.com/o_reilly_admits_pink_pistols_story_exaggerated

Found from a Google search with, O'Reilly +"Pink Pistols".  :lol:

Keep in mind I use the word "best" loosely here. My father most certainly won't watch CNN, and I haven't really asked about MSNBC. I don't think he's bothered with BBC - he (and I) figure it would basically be the same thing as CNN.

Naridill said:
arbites_augmented said:
Fox sucks because they cancelled Firefly, which led to the killing of Wash.
Enough said.

(nobody cares about weirdo Sheperd Book.)

I loved Sheperd! I would've given anything to know why he got free medical treatment by those damned Feds

I suppose he wasnt that bad, I just didnt like him because they didnt expand his storyline enough. I think that he was an  ex alliance hitman, because he had knocked out the lawman in the first episode with expert hand to hand skills, and he shot the guy in the kneecap, plus he had the knowledge of the rifle with the laser sight in the episode war stories.

My two cents:smile:

I searched for fox and propoganda, here was a website: http://noquarter.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/03/fox_news_crazy_.html

that libby thing burns me up. if hes free then Leonard Peltier and many others should be free too!

CrazyEyes said:
Keep in mind I use the word "best" loosely here. My father most certainly won't watch CNN, and I haven't really asked about MSNBC. I don't think he's bothered with BBC - he (and I) figure it would basically be the same thing as CNN.
The BBC is nothing like CNN.  One has relatively high-quality journalism, the other is characterised by sensationalist news only rivaled by FoxNews.  Basically, the CNN is a center-ish news station that aspires to be Fox-lite.

Back
Top Bottom