SP Musket Era global_map_16th century:the northern hemisphereV1.6(released the PY code)

Users who are viewing this thread

Will you ever be implementing a form of the diplomacy mod into the game? Diplomacy makes running a country much easier. Also for custom troops why do my soldiers cost more than others when they use the same exact equipment? Is weight also a factor in upkeep (or maybe even stats)? It would also be cool to have more branches for custom troops or to be able to make a tree yourself, and to be able to select more than one item per slot for variation. Items in customized troops sometimes disappear or come back after removing them though. For example my troops keep loosing their polearms and only keep swords but their gloves keep coming back

Also how do you convince other lords to join you?it seems impossible in this mod. I took most of Korea and most of japan, no lords yet and there are a few guys on good relations who said yes on all 4 factors but still decide to back their current king. I don't want to recruit my companions because I don't know what a "mercantile" personality is etc. also because their banners won't match mine(unless the banners of other lords who join you won't match too then this factor is gone, but personality is still a big factor)

peenerz said:
first post snip
I agree on that, diplomacy for me is on top of freelancer. However it is not necessary if you can't implement it yifeng :wink:
Also a quote from the features list about custom troops.
2. Customizable Units

- once players found their own factions, it is possible for them to customize the factions' units

- to access this feature, players need to go to the camp panel, in which they can change the attribute and name of the unit by clicking on the unit, and modify the equipments of the units by clicking on the picture of the unit

- player customized units generally are better, but they cost more

- players will be able to recruit their customized units several days after their creation

- lords of players' factions will also enlist these well trained and equipped soldiers

peenerz said:
Also how do you convince other lords to join you?it seems impossible in this mod.
I did a playthrough where I establish a kingdom in South America region, named New England. Lords flock themselves to me, honestly I thought that no lords are going to join me. But 3 lords defect themselves to me, a sadistic, a martial, and a cunning one. I rejected the sadistic one lol :lol:

Btw don't double post next time, use the edit/modify function :wink:

KhivalrousBear said:
peenerz said:
first post snip
I agree on that, diplomacy for me is on top of freelancer. However it is not necessary if you can't implement it yifeng :wink:
Also a quote from the features list about custom troops.
2. Customizable Units

- once players found their own factions, it is possible for them to customize the factions' units

- to access this feature, players need to go to the camp panel, in which they can change the attribute and name of the unit by clicking on the unit, and modify the equipments of the units by clicking on the picture of the unit

- player customized units generally are better, but they cost more

- players will be able to recruit their customized units several days after their creation

- lords of players' factions will also enlist these well trained and equipped soldiers

peenerz said:
Also how do you convince other lords to join you?it seems impossible in this mod.
I did a playthrough where I establish a kingdom in South America region, named New England. Lords flock themselves to me, honestly I thought that no lords are going to join me. But 3 lords defect themselves to me, a sadistic, a martial, and a cunning one. I rejected the sadistic one lol :lol:

Btw don't double post next time, use the edit/modify function :wink:

These mod is open source. You can add diplomacy. I myself made a version and replaced japan with the version from geko.

ZeroNoID said:
These mod is open source. You can add diplomacy. I myself made a version and replaced japan with the version from geko.
I know it's open source, but I don't know how is the workaround to add diplomacy. The only thing I know is tweaking around damage modifier and adding stuff (troops, items, mesh, and animation.)

Oh sorry, forgot about the edit button. And I did eventually convince lords to join, just took a long time lol. And I don't have any experience in modding, let alone merging mods, and maybe since you know how you can help out their mod team to implement it.
-As for suggestions to the mod I think that muskets should be much less accurate, probably from 50-60 accuracy. I built an all musketeer custom army and so far I've had minimal casualties on my side, the enemies usually fall dead before they can even stab at my guys with their spears. They feel like flintlock rifles instead with their current accuracy.
-I think there should also be more lines branching off your custom troop tree, cause 3 isn't too much in my opinion, compared to let's say England or the Great Ming.
-Being able to make custom versions of those special units such as the Ninjas for Japan or the Papal Guards for Lombardy would be dope.
-What would also be cool is to be able to select the ethnicity of your troops. For example when I fight Japan or China all if not most of their troops look Asian, but mine are mostly white, which is odd for a country in Asia to be fielding.
-Maybe being able to make your lords adopt a new uniform?
Just my 2 cents from recent experience

Also does anyone know how the title system works? Some lords of mine seem to have been promoted and others demoted. Also I'm still a Marquis for some reason although I rule an empire, and the title keeps coming back although I keep erasing it D:

peenerz said:
All musketeer? How much are you fielding in a battle? Because in my game it is quite inaccurate to be honest.
And absolutely, I am sad to see my character's name, In the beginning he is just Marius, then he became marquis, and marquis, and marquis (I am a king too). All lords call me marquis marquis marquis marquis marquis Marius :lol:

Lol around 30-70 per battle (depending on how many are still able to fight), with firearm proficiency around 200 depending on the soldier. They usually kill 10-20 men in each volley

Found a bug where you cant complete the quest for your wife cause it says to speak with your wife after you already spoke to her and completed it, which then prevents you from increasing your relations with her in any way :sad:

@yifeng: I can help translate parts of the mod for you, I speak Mandarin (but I don't read or write unfortunately) and I already know a few English translations that you can use instead of the romanizations in game

peenerz said:
Lol around 30-70 per battle (depending on how many are still able to fight), with firearm proficiency around 200 depending on the soldier. They usually kill 10-20 men in each volley
What kind of enemies did you fight? European, Asian, or.. Natives?
In the past I use an all musketeer army, but they were very inaccurate when shooting at natives :lol:
So I mix between musketeer, longbowmen, and crossbowmen.
Btw using L'aigle's animation and Sayazn's animation for personal purpose, the mod looks better 150%  :grin:

I've fought the Manchus (Jurchens), Ming, Japanese, and the Mongols (although I admit their lancer spam was quiet a problem for me). My standard middle tier infantry have I believe 260 proficiency with firearms (It says cannons when you're not in the troop editor so it can confuse some people; I made the mistake of maxing crossbows instead before). I usually fight on the defensive, preferably on a hill or on nice flat ground. I also usually have 10-20 archers or crossbowmen supporting my troops and 4-10 heavy cavalry (who are also conveniently armed with bows for the purpose of supporting my infantry in the initial fight) meant to chase down the enemy as they rout.
Lol and I don't mind animations too much cause I never tend to pay attention to them, its the gameplay that I first notice. :razz:

Yifeng_konjac said:
Vendayn said:
how do you open the army design menu? I opened it to check it out, but now I can't open it again and I never actually designed the army. And I don't want to start over, as I'm really doing good on my aztec game. I may just be missing an obvious menu option lol

Check it in camp menu,“do something”~
Am I the only one who is unable to redesign my custom troops? I don't see a "do something" option in the camp menu:
http://i.imgur.com/p4rtI4Q.jpg?1

If you mean the "Take an action" option, then it doesn't help:
http://i.imgur.com/bh8d20r.jpg?1

Maybe it has something to do with me running on the latest versions. :/

Thanks for help anyone. :smile:

Kjertesvein said:
Yifeng_konjac said:
Vendayn said:
how do you open the army design menu? I opened it to check it out, but now I can't open it again and I never actually designed the army. And I don't want to start over, as I'm really doing good on my aztec game. I may just be missing an obvious menu option lol

Check it in camp menu,“do something”~
Am I the only one who is unable to redesign my custom troops? I don't see a "do something" option in the camp menu:
http://i.imgur.com/p4rtI4Q.jpg?1

If you mean the "Take an action" option, then it doesn't help:
http://i.imgur.com/bh8d20r.jpg?1

Maybe it has something to do with me running on the latest versions. :/

Thanks for help anyone. :smile:

Mine was like that when I established my village while being a vassal of England. When I left England, my established village was left to become an independent village. So I conquered a random castle and established my own kingdom. Afterwards, that promote kingdom troops option became available.

peenerz said:
I've fought the Manchus (Jurchens), Ming, Japanese, and the Mongols (although I admit their lancer spam was quiet a problem for me). My standard middle tier infantry have I believe 260 proficiency with firearms (It says cannons when you're not in the -snip
Well for me I conquered the aztecs and 'non allied' which I think is Inca? Their blunt weapon are so op against Europeans in armor :smile:. Obviously the natives(kingdom) that you fought are stronger than the natives of the Americas.

And yeah what josh said above me, promote kingdom troops to create your custom troop. You already have your own kingdom right?

Anyway does anyone know the purpose of cover up? I thought it would set a barricade or something.

Just wanna say that this is the best mod I have ever played! Amazing how big is it, I am still stuck in Europe but cant wait when I move to the asia or america :smile: Really impressive!

MartanCJ said:
Just wanna say that this is the best mod I have ever played! Amazing how big is it, I am still stuck in Europe but cant wait when I move to the asia or america :smile: Really impressive!

You can literally spend hundreds of hours on one content on one continent, a lot of things keep happening that it never gets dull.

I think cover up helps with morale loss when you "spend too much time in mountains"? or something IDK. Also the too much time in desert is funky. I never seem to lose more than 10 morale that way, which you can easily get back with ~1000 denars. Might be a problem for beginners but otherwise non-consequential for an established party.

Anyone have any clue how to make the battlefields larger? the small size doesn't give any time to prepare whatsoever. 

Edit: I think i figured it out, run that little batch file and enter "2".

When will the next update come? I wanted to make a submod of this about realistic stuff but I just don't want to start over when the update suddenly come.

Back
Top Bottom