[research] macedonia

Users who are viewing this thread

Ain't protecting the flanks the Hypaspist's or Hetairoi's jobs?
For example:
Alexander's army on march
tA2kk.jpg
Battle Formation
LRHhA.jpg

Yeah there'd need to be a good deal of teamwork for Macedonian players to pull off an effective phalanx.

hi,

as a greek i have to tell u that u made some terrible mistakes.

First of all all the greek cities use the dory (a spear 2 metter long) and the akontio(something like pilla) to make their phalanx. that was why the greeks lost by the macedons who actually used the sarissa (6 meter long i think u call it kamax) so if u want independet greek cities  make a dory and of course change thhe helmets. the greeks used the corinthian helmet                                     
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTj8JndJ1ELSXU_18cVqd6dvNsUrmc7ivcMBfP-ZSbPTy8S4nfMQA

and the greek offices used these
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVhUqwMQnZv6iJLSKvQFG3sNKXdXAWhHAPkAaW4E-gfIgh1F9X2A
again u confuse their uniforms  with macedonians.
if u wish to have a kamax+macedonian+helmet then first make their faction and make a greek or dont make one greek just macedon and secondly make the macedonians shields=small one
and macedonians used archers the famous cretan archers .

if u want any more help tell me. i love my country!!!

Guys here is how mecedonian standard-bearer looks like
aw_one_year_subscription_1.jpg
that front
cover. Don't do that with silver armour. This is more correct.

maximoseco26 said:
hi,

as a greek i have to tell u that u made some terrible mistakes.

First of all all the greek cities use the dory (a spear 2 metter long) and the akontio(something like pilla) to make their phalanx. that was why the greeks lost by the macedons who actually used the sarissa (6 meter long i think u call it kamax) so if u want independet greek cities  make a dory and of course change thhe helmets. the greeks used the corinthian helmet                                     
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTj8JndJ1ELSXU_18cVqd6dvNsUrmc7ivcMBfP-ZSbPTy8S4nfMQA

and the greek offices used these
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVhUqwMQnZv6iJLSKvQFG3sNKXdXAWhHAPkAaW4E-gfIgh1F9X2A
again u confuse their uniforms  with macedonians.
if u wish to have a kamax+macedonian+helmet then first make their faction and make a greek or dont make one greek just macedon and secondly make the macedonians shields=small one
and macedonians used archers the famous cretan archers .

if u want any more help tell me. i love my country!!!

Well so far I know, our "researchers" are telling us that the Corinthian helmet is completly inaccurate? For the other things please use the search fuction next time. I've told several times that we do not yet have the wanted resources to arm the Greeks with the wanted spears/weapons.

no its not it has disapeared when macedons conquered greece. the whole hellenic states is historical in acurate

maximoseco26 said:
no its not it has disapeared when macedons conquered greece. the whole hellenic states is historical in acurate

The Macedonians didn't completely conquer Greece, the Romans did. Also, it is perhaps true that a few Greeks used the Corinthian helm , but the prevailing style at the time was using Thracian/Attic/Chalcidian/Pylos and other open helms with or without cheek pieces.

Gothic Knight said:
Ej777 said:
rgcotl said:
yes we know that to
sarisas and small shields :smile:

Quite goodly then. I was panicking for a minute there thinking that you would give them Hoplite shields or something similar.
Only the Hypapists should have Hoplons.

Aspis, surely. I thought 'Hoplon' was a generic term for armament, even if it's often used for the shield. Ancient Warfare magazine at least suggests that much in its Vol I, issue 3 (oct/nov 2007) theme issue on shields, helmets and armor.

Paul Bardunias mentions
Constrution.

The answer to Goldsworthy's challenge lies in understanding the hoplite shield, which is often referred to as a hoplon and seen as lending its name to the hoplite. However, the term hoplon can refer to any implement of war. The specific term is aspis and sometimes rendered as argive aspis, although the connection to Argos is unclear.
in his article The Aspis. Surviving Hoplite Battle.

Also, the same issue has an article by Michael Park on (The Warrior) The Silver Shields which mentions that even the pelte (I know, but they mean the round small shield) of Macedonian Phalangites wasn't really small. Smaller than the aspis of course, but Park writes that one of those shields was still
some sixty or more centimeters (two feet) in diameter.

Maybe this post is slightly pedantic, of course but yesterday I got my order of four Ancient Warfare issues in a collection on Greek warfare. :lol: p

Back
Top Bottom