The future for the Brytenwalda team

Users who are viewing this thread

Adorno said:
Yes. And it's not soon.

Sounds like another year of waiting, but, well, time passes... Moreover, yet another fit of Brytenwalda addiction proved just how replayable it is. Honestly, I'm absolutely fine with waiting another year (perhaps for both BW Team Secret Project and Bannerlords) while assaulting good old Brytenwalda from time to time.

And I especially want to point out that, as a finished project, Brytenwalda is perfectly fitting to be a subject of (sub)mods of its own. I'd even dare to say that the declaration of its completion was a sort of invitation to it. And this sounds even more true considering how open-minded, helpfull and participating our dear developers are. They are ever eager to share the code, provide help and update a board for our patches and tweaks.

By now, there's allready a great submod for 74 new companions which demonstrates us how perfectly expand-able Brytenwalda is. So, what my point is - further life of Brytenwalda is in the hands of the Community. People allready tweak the mod to their liking and share their efforts, so why not make a great polishing and bugfixing mod, or design overhaul, or retexturing, or whatever? As a scener, I would support a good initiative to contribute the mod further.

Anyway, I believe that some submods will appear regardles if we want it or no and will merge to the bigger ones, just as they allready do. Old 'Vanila' Brytenwalda will remain a living classic, it will allways be available at this state and thus cannot be spoiled with a poor modification which will be voluntary to play. However, some decent upgrades to the mod may yet appear.

So, as far as I understand the spirit of indie gaming, if we love Brytenwalda - let's go on expanding it!

P.S.

Funny, all I wanted to do is to establish my observation but for some reason I ended up with a flaming speech. :neutral:

Well, I keep popping in from time to time to see if any new appeared, and I will keep doing that :smile:

Something tells me it is a Viking Era mod of sorts...or a project. That would certainly be nice. I would like to play Brytenwalda while raiding the ever so slightly less petty kingdoms of Mercia and Northumbria, as well as bits of Alba. I actually fantasized about it quite a bit and have thought out many great ideas on how viking raids could be smartly integrated into everything.

Still, I would not mind the Frankish Empire or the entire Europe set sometime during the dark ages. Imagine if Brytenwalda encompassed entire Europe. How crazy and refreshing that would be.

Still, I have every faith in the team and can only hope for something grand.

Back
Top Bottom